#TBT Throwback Thursday: The Beat Goes On [Demo]

ryan

madonna-album-licorice_475c1067b3a39.jpgmadonna-album-licorice_475c1067b3a39.jpgmadonna-album-licorice_475c1067b3a39.jpg

Oh the memories! <3

Before the demo leaked, we received a few snippets of Candy Shop and even heard a few lyrics, well....., not everyone was impressed...., and kinda left a sour taste in everyone's mouth over what the project might be like.

But then we started hearing about a song titled "The Beat Goes On," It was suppose to be the song that gave us hope for the new album. A potential single, but didn't have the chance yet to hear the song. People were raving about the lyrics when they were posted!

Hear comes rain, wash away all the pain, coming together, going apart I want you to stay

"OMG THE SONG IS GONNA BE LIKE 'RAIN!'" :1251:

And then there were a few people who thought the lyrics were about Niki Haris.... :chuckle:

Well August came along, and it was at the MadonnaMad refugee forum "MadonnaGroove" where an anonymous poster leaked the full song.

People liked it, people hated it. The opinions were mixed. But I do have fond memories of that whole period during the recording of HC. There were all those Robster creations (as posted in the thread), the rumored album titles (M, Licorice, Madame), and of course there was the whole "8" theory. 1989, 1998, 2008, "omg were getting another LAP/ROL!" It really did not make much sense, I'm sure whoever came up with is probably still digging their own grave.

I actually really liked the song. Why? Cause it was nice change, something different to hear from Madonna.

While the whole "let's do something different/let's change things up" bit is totally CRINGE, and the whole IN-STRU-MEN-TATION....., :manson:

I still enjoyed it, and till this day, it still gets some decent plays on my itunes library.

But I will always prefer the album version over this silly "Like I Love You" demo :1251:

madonna-bubble-gum.jpgmadonna-bubble-gum.jpgmadonna-bubble-gum.jpg

While the whole "let's do something different/let's change things up" bit is totally CRINGE, and the whole IN-STRU-MEN-TATION....., :manson:I still enjoyed it, and till this day, it still gets some decent plays on my itunes library.

Those are my my favourite bits. :dead:

Guest bluejean

I heard it on the radio while I was in a store the other day :D:confused:

Did you ask the shop assistant with a wink when the new Madonna DVD will be out and slip him your card?

Loved this demo - you can actually hear her voice, un-processed and singing. Just needed a little more polish and I would have preferred this one with the different verses!

madonna-album-licorice_475c1067b3a39.jpgmadonna-album-licorice_475c1067b3a39.jpgmadonna-album-licorice_475c1067b3a39.jpg

Oh the memories! <3

Before the demo leaked, we received a few snippets of Candy Shop and even heard a few lyrics, well....., not everyone was impressed...., and kinda left a sour taste in everyone's mouth over what the project might be like.

But then we started hearing about a song titled "The Beat Goes On," It was suppose to be the song that gave us hope for the new album. A potential single, but didn't have the chance yet to hear the song. People were raving about the lyrics when they were posted!

Hear comes rain, wash away all the pain, coming together, going apart I want you to stay

And then there were a few people who thought the lyrics were about Niki Haris.... :chuckle:

Well August came along, and it was at the MadonnaMad refugee forum "MadonnaGroove" where an anonymous poster leaked the full song.
People liked it, people hated it. The opinions were mixed. But I do have fond memories of that whole period during the recording of HC. There were all those Robster creations (as posted in the thread), the rumored album titles (M, Licorice, Madame), and of course there was the whole "8" theory. 1989, 1998, 2008, "omg were getting another LAP/ROL!" It really did not make much sense, I'm sure whoever came up with is probably still digging their own grave.

I actually really liked the song. Why? Cause it was nice change, something different to hear from Madonna.
While the whole "let's do something different/let's change things up" bit is totally CRINGE, and the whole IN-STRU-MEN-TATION....., :manson:
I still enjoyed it, and till this day, it still gets some decent plays on my itunes library.
But I will always prefer the album version over this silly "Like I Love You" demo :1251:

Oh the memories! <3