Airbrushing Gone Wrong #1: Jane Magazine March 2000

ryan

Madonna+-+Out+-+MAGAZINE-445858.jpg

when I read the title of this topic, this was the first pic I thought of. haha. total attempt sabotage on whatever queen chose this as the cover

ok..I don't have this mag anymore...but CHECK it out.....if you still have it...look at the first few pages....on the "editors note" page there is a small version of this pic and its totally UNairbrushed. mustve been an error on the proof readers part?

I do remember flipping back and forth and spotting the differences. moles removed..facial lines...roots lightened....

the original had that " just out of bed " look. was very sexy

Anyone have the original? I'd like to see it! :)

Haha, this was the first image that popped in my mind when I read the thread's title! It's horrible (and ugly)!!! :(

There really isn't much airbrushing going on, other than removing the background and adding the top of her head

• 2 weeks later...

Surely that Out cover is a printing error. No one would approve that for publication. Isn't it more likely that the image got compressed during printing and no one realised as it's all automated? Maybe the first realisation occurred when newsagents opened the boxes. By then too late to recall?

supposedly Madonna was angry with this one;

Madonna+-+Glamour+-+Dec+1990+-+MAGAZINE-

glamb.jpg

yes she was angry about this one because they photoshopped away the gap between her teeth. from that moment on she never worked with the magazine again. how come not more fans are aware of this? it's quite known.. or so I thought.

I think they were going for a fake Julia Roberts movie poster "feel"

Runaway_Bride_front.jpg

They were. They copied this image, even Rupert mentioned it in an interview that he hated it because the "gave us the Runaway Bride poster"

This isn't exactly it -- I have seen the original somewhere, but this is the closest I could find. The background was the same as this one, at any rate, and in removing that, they changed the shape of her head, which created that bizarre alien-esque effect. It really is one of the all-time worst -- and practically criminal, as it was her first interview with that outlet, no?

sorry_video_lilac_ns2.jpg

FLAWLESS :cries::cries::cries:

CONFESSIONS ERA :Disco_Ball:

I hate most movie posters (and DVD covers) they look so ridiculously fake. the people obviously didn't take the shot together, they're awkwardly inserted into cheesy backgrounds and the retouching makes their faces look like chalk drawings! this one made me laugh a few years ago when there was huge billboards of it all over NYC :lol:

sex-and-the-city-2.jpg

next18.jpg

She looks a little more normal in this version of the pic.

Seems her face is not as white, but still strange, I need to stop looking at it

It's crazy when they use pics where she looks good and normal and airbrush the fuck out of them

I hate most movie posters (and DVD covers) they look so ridiculously fake. the people obviously didn't take the shot together, they're awkwardly inserted into cheesy backgrounds and the retouching makes their faces look like chalk drawings! this one made me laugh a few years ago when there was huge billboards of it all over NYC :lol:

sex-and-the-city-2.jpg

Kristin Davis looks at least close to reality... the other 3 are a joke

sex-and-the-city-2.jpg

the F*CK at Kims 'face' :ohmy::ohmy::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Madonna+-+Out+-+MAGAZINE-445858.jpg

when I read the title of this topic, this was the first pic I thought of. haha. total attempt sabotage on whatever queen/ LAMB chose this as the cover

did M ever comment on that now infamous Out cover LOL? I know her style is to usually not 'publicly' respond (part of her smart biz. woman trademark) but behind the scenes no doubt she was fuming and she and Liz prob. MORE than assured them they were forever blacklisted from anything M related again (interviews, pictures, etc etc..) They totally mocked/ botched her face up to goof/hate on her. but will say, I wouldve just loved to see the look on Ms face when she saw the finished result (just for a minute) lol.