Madonna presenting the Oscar for My Heart Will Go On

billiejean

I don't understand why the person who sings the song wouldn't get an Oscar as well.

Sure they didn't write it at all, but adding their voice to the lyrics to me is still creative input.

Plenty of artists that have had not an ounce of input in creating their albums besides the singing have probably won Grammy's for themselves over the years.

Guest SecretGarden

I don't understand why the person who sings the song wouldn't get an Oscar as well.

Sure they didn't write it at all, but adding their voice to the lyrics to me is still creative input.

Plenty of artists that have had not an ounce of input in creating their albums besides the singing have probably won Grammy's for themselves over the years.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the people who chose the winners in the best original song categories are composers and song writers themselves, and not vocalists.

Anyway I think she looks absolutely stunning in that video, almost all her looks in the ROL era were amazing.

I love how she says: "aha what a shocker... :hand: and the Oscar goes to My Heart Will Go on from Titeeehnic... :lame: "

I kinda got the impression she was rooting for/or liked the "Good Will Hunting" nomination to win by the way of her expression and the way she smiled when mentioning it.

Guest Not4Pussies

I kinda got the impression she was rooting for/or liked the "Good Will Hunting" nomination to win by the way of her expression and the way she smiled when mentioning it.

yes she was rooting for elliot smith song from good will hunting

i remember very well on the red carpet they asked her which song was her favorite from the nominated songs and she said elliot smith's

thats also when she said her father was rooting for celine dion since she's his favorite singer

Guest Not4Pussies

I don´t like her dress from that night.It´s not bad, but it was too dark for her, IMO, too rock star, and that was a hollywood night

true but it was nice to see her in a gown plus she was going through her goth phase.

and those arms and her jaw line!

Britney and Rihanna won Grammys. I stopped having any credibility for awards after that...

And yeah Madonna looked gorgeous. I can understand her reaction. Celine was basically the Adele of that time, winning every award under the sun. Nothing wrong with that, i like Celine but at the same time it was SO predictable.

Britney and Rihanna won Grammys. I stopped having any credibility for awards after that...

And yeah Madonna looked gorgeous. I can understand her reaction. Celine was basically the Adele of that time, winning every award under the sun. Nothing wrong with that, i like Celine but at the same time it was SO predictable.

The Celine + Titanic equation...

Guest bluejean

It was nothing to do with Celine. The "what a shocker" comment was because of Titanic.

Celine's song lost the year before to 'You Must Love Me' btw

It was nothing to do with Celine. The "what a shocker" comment was because of Titanic.

Celine's song lost the year before to 'You Must Love Me' btw

I wasn't talking about the what a shocker comment, but about the fact Titanic basically won everything that year.