'Fever' single cover - like wtf?

ryan

^oh, i was so sure that Morales had remixed D&D that when you said the opposit i thought "oh, my, so many years and i was wrong" hahaha. And isn't Mariah Carey's voice in the D&D remix????

Guest bluejean

^oh, i was so sure that Morales had remixed D&D that when you said the opposit i thought "oh, my, so many years and i was wrong" hahaha. And isn't Mariah Carey's voice in the D&D remix????

Is it? :lol:

I love that remix so much, as much as the original. I remember hearing they played it on US radio instead of the normal version.

Awful. I hate both the CD and 7" covers (Why is that random fugly art nouveau font used on the 7"?). They make no sense what so ever. Terrible photograph with a terrible graphic treatment.

Erotica, Deeper & Deeper, Bad Girl and Rain (US Version) all have brilliant covers.

Bye Bye Baby is also dreadful - I love the photo though

Guest bluejean

Bad Girl and Rain were great covers, as was Erotica.

The Deeper and Deeper one always seemed abit weird to me though actually

The Fever video mix appeared on the German 'Rain' 12" CD single and 7" which has the same cover as the US single but not the UK single.

Bad Girl was released in February but flopped quite quickly so the UK decided to put out Fever as a single to keep momentum going and the US decided on a video for Fever which was recorded in April nearly two months later with the new mix. I think the failure of the singles and album took them by surprise so plans kept changing. It was the same with MDNA - plans for multiple releases and physical copies went out the window once it was obvious the project had died within two months. I was surprised they released Rain as it was four months after Fever and out of the blue. I think they needed something because the Girlie Show was on tour.

The Fever sleeve is OK. I prefer it over most of the Ray of Light single covers which are pretty dull. The German 7" version of it is extremely rare as the UK only issued the picture disc version. It's a shame the video mix didn't get released as it was the best but it was too late for the pressings. The Miami mix is great and so are the Erotica and Deeper and Deeper standard mixes but for some reason they put lots of dubs on the promos which are just pointless.

At the time though, I don't recall any particular push for any specific songs to be released. It was different then though as there was no internet to discuss this kind of stuff. Fans had no say and every single was a surprise.