'Fever' single cover - like wtf?

ryan

Love the cover, love the era.

Wasn't Fever just a dance single in the US and not a proper release?

It was the b-side to Bad Girl in the US. It even received airplay and video plays in the US.

Guest bluejean

I love that she did it on tour. The mixing on that remix is so hot, you can feel the warmth in the song. Everything is so clear, the bass is real loud, the vocals are hypnotic. So much better than the album version imo. Did you hear Bellenger's remaster? OMG navybluebootcutjeans, your gonna love it.

Yes I did. I have it.

LOVE the Girlie Show version too. I used to wank over that performance.

But it's a beautiful cover!!!!! The remixes, on the other hand... *pukes*. Those are the very first Madonna mixes that i found annoying and uninteresting. After the glorious Erotica remixes, Deeper and Deeper remixes...

Guest bluejean

Yes, the remixes sucked. Apart from the one from the video, which wasn't even included.

Although oddly, I think it could be the song with the MOST remixes. There's all these ones on vinyl promos etc. 58 awful dubs or something :lol:

Guest bluejean

and all of them boring to death. And yes, the video remix was so INCREDIBLE and not included! I was so happy when i bought the Rain cd single and had the remix at last!

I didn't know it was on the Rain CD single? What country?

I didn't know it was on the Rain CD single? What country?

I have The Edit one remix on my rain cd single/ep. It's the one with like 10 tracks, I think up down suite Is on it as well as the single edit, video edit and radio mix of Rain lol. They loved their edits back then

Guest bluejean

It's the one with the very very very beautiful cover

Madonna+-+Rain+-+5%22+CD+SINGLE-19646.jp

I have an Australian EP like that with 10 tracks, it does not have the video remix of Fever on it though

Cover's alright, but, yeah, probably rushed and an of-the-moment thought.

I don't think WB "panicked" after the performance of "Bad Girl." I mean, it only spent a few weeks less in the top 40 than "Deeper and Deeper," two weeks less in top 75 and peaked four spots lower. And then "Fever" peaked the same as D&D, but did worse in terms of longevity than BG. Perhaps BG fared a lot worse in airplay than D&D, but I don't know off-hand.

paris%2Bhilton.jpg

I tried to get this in my local record store after they said they had it online, then magically it'd disappeared according to them. Cunts

Shouldn't be too hard to get a copy now if you still want one, the price of picture discs are not too crazy on eBay,

Picture Disc cover is better but still they must have had better options for fever, most of of the other covers for erotica era were amazing.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd positioned the lettering of Fever better. It looks clumsy to me - enhancing my dislike. Anyone noticed its the same font as Open Your Heart single?

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd positioned the lettering of Fever better. It looks clumsy to me - enhancing my dislike. Anyone noticed its the same font as Open Your Heart single?

It's a Didot typface that's used in the Erotica/sex packaging and MDNA too.

i love that pic and quite like the overall design/color scheme

the 12" cover is best imo with the slightly different crop and text placement:

Madonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SI

love the uk display and cassette too

Madonna-Fever-17568.jpg$T2eC16N,!zUE9s389zOcBR1bJT20m!~~60_35.J

the remixes were some of her all time worst tho

Mmm . Just noticed for the first time ever that the Fever picture disc uses a totally different font. Wtf? Has that ever happened before? I know different photos get used but surely the fonts are the same?

Makes me think that this was definitely rush released/poorly planned. Maybe the picture disc was designed well in advance and pressed ready for release May-June time when the whole project was bought forward and someone else got the job of sorting out the cd and vinyls?

For the fans that were there in 92 during the albums release...., was there ever any buzz about Fever being a potential single? They should have chose one of Erotica's trifectas. I think Words would have been an excellent choice. But I always wondered about the Waiting remix featured on the Rain single and EP, why was that commissioned? It even had new vocals by M..., were they considering to have Waiting as a single????

For the fans that were there in 92 during the albums release...., was there ever any buzz about Fever being a potential single? They should have chose one of Erotica's trifectas. I think Words would have been an excellent choice. But I always wondered about the Waiting remix featured on the Rain single and EP, why was that commissioned? It even had new vocals by M..., were they considering to have Waiting as a single????

I think Fever must have been considered as a single as it got the remix treatment and Warner held them back in Europe (whereas they were b-side for Bad Girl in the USA). I think Waiting would have got a release too hence that one remix. Probably more were on the cards. My guess is they had to do a rethink when no singles went to number one and Bad Girl flopped. I think their marketing strategy went to pot. Fever was damage control in the UK and Europe. Waiting got canned and the safer Rain was released instead.

Fever got radio play when the album was first released but most comments in music mags described it as dull and cold. There was no demand for it to be a single at all.

I think Fever must have been considered as a single as it got the remix treatment and Warner held them back in Europe (whereas they were b-side for Bad Girl in the USA). I think Waiting would have got a release too hence that one remix. Probably more were on the cards. My guess is they had to do a rethink when no singles went to number one and Bad Girl flopped. I think their marketing strategy went to pot. Fever was damage control in the UK and Europe. Waiting got canned and the safer Rain was released instead.

Fever got radio play when the album was first released but most comments in music mags described it as dull and cold. There was no demand for it to be a single at all.

But as mentioned before, the remixes are some of her worst. The majority of them being done by Shep. They seemed rushed, and because of that it makes me wonder if there was another plan initially. The only good one was the video remix. Plus the Murk Boy mix wasn't all that bad. Fever is overlooked when it comes to her worst maxi singles IMO...

Guest bluejean

Well it wasn't a maxi in the US, that's probably why. The mixes were on Bad Girl.

I really like her version of this song. I think it's a weird cover choice actually to do as a dance song. But it worked.

It's the one with the very very very beautiful cover

Madonna+-+Rain+-+5%22+CD+SINGLE-19646.jp

I have an Australian EP like that with 10 tracks, it does not have the video remix of Fever on it though

I have the U.S. maxi-single (which has this cover) but it only has four or five tracks -- Rain's radio edit, Up Down Suite, and the Waiting Remix. No Fever remixes. That video remix of Fever was never really released on anything in the U.S. as far as I'm aware... could be wrong, though, as I collected that stuff after the fact. (As others have pointed out, though, it wasn't included on the Bad Girl maxi like other Fever remixes were. Curious.)

me too!! that should have been the one used on the album!!

Hmm. I'm of two minds. I love the video remix (Edit One, as it's called properly?) and prefer it to the album version. However, in the context of the album, I kind of think the album version is a better fit. It's more cohesive with the overall tempo/temperature/texture of the album, if that makes sense.

I just wish the video remix was more readily available.

I think the Erotica remixes are dreadful too. Deeper and Deeper mixes were poor except for the Morales mix. The Fever mixes were equally bad. Erotica is one of my favourite Madge albums but considering she made album with a dance remixer the actual single mixes are all surprisingly bad. For what it's worth I like the Miami and Extended Fever mixes best.

Perhaps the Fever video mix (along with the Rain remix) was commissioned for a single release when Warner did their rethink. But then they changed their minds when they saw that not even Fever did much in Europe and UK.

Guest bluejean

I think the Erotica remixes are dreadful too. Deeper and Deeper mixes were poor except for the Morales mix. The Fever mixes were equally bad. Erotica is one of my favourite Madge albums but considering she made album with a dance remixer the actual single mixes are all surprisingly bad. For what it's worth I like the Miami and Extended Fever mixes best.

Perhaps the Fever video mix (along with the Rain remix) was commissioned for a single release when Warner did their rethink. But then they changed their minds when they saw that not even Fever did much in Europe and UK.

I quite like the remixes for Erotica, Deeper and Deeper and the Rain remix. Love David's Klub Remix of Deeper and the version of Erotica that The Girlie Show version is based on. I do think her remixes in general hot better with each album and peaked with Ray of Light, Music and American Life. The effort put into remixes from there has been alot lesser, Hard Candy and MDNA remixes were okay but most of them are pretty generic compared to the late 90's early 00's ones.