'Fever' single cover - like wtf?

ryan

Madonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SIMadonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SIMadonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SI

Who approved of this?

That image is so....., odd. It's like an awkward pose, her lips are perched ready to take a facial, and her cheeks look swollen from a bad blowjob.

No, just no.

There were so many better shots from this scene in the Bad Girl video, why didn't they use them instead?

Madonna+_bad_girl_03.jpgMadonna+1993+bad+girl+2.jpg

Better yet, why didn't they use a still photo from the underrated yet gorgeous Fever video?

1993+Stephanie+Sednaoui+Fever+Video+(94+1993+Stephane+Sednaoui+Fever+Video+(Dune

Single cover monstrosity #5

Diss-cuss......

Madonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SIMadonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SIMadonna+-+Fever+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SI

Something must be wrong with me because I like the covers that most fans don't, this (idk if other people don't like it) and S&S tour cover. There'll probably be others too

I don't see anything wrong with this cover either - except the fact that I identify this way too strongly to Bad Girl...

I don't know, maybe the fact that she has kind of an old-fashioned glamorous hairstyle on this photo made them think it would suit a cover of a song from the 50s ?

it's a great cover! It's a gorgeous classic 7" sleeve.

the Bad Girl pics u posted don't work at all imo.

U have really odd taste whoops :chuckle:

fever%20pic%20disc%207.jpg

paris%2Bhilton.jpg

I tried to get this in my local record store after they said they had it online, then magically it'd disappeared according to them. Cunts

Fever was a rush job. It was released 4 or 5 weeks after Bad Girl. I think it was exactly 4 weeks. I remember just strolling around HMV and there it was in the new release section. I was WTF?

When Bad Girl flopped hard, Warner went into panic/damage limitation mode and released Fever. Hence the badly designed cover. The inside is awful too - a jarring of yellow and black. They rush released a montage video to match it and then of course she went and made a proper one! I think that if Warner had waited and then released the video mix as the radio/A-side the song would have charted higher.

Cover versions were very popular in the UK charts 91-93 so Fever was a safe but disappointing release.

I mean, it's not terrible, but there are surely better pictures to use out there. The second still from the video that you posted would have been great. It's not really a tragedy though.

Fever was a rush job. It was released 4 or 5 weeks after Bad Girl. I think it was exactly 4 weeks. I remember just strolling around HMV and there it was in the new release section. I was WTF?

When Bad Girl flopped hard, Warner went into panic/damage limitation mode and released Fever. Hence the badly designed cover. The inside is awful too - a jarring of yellow and black. They rush released a montage video to match it and then of course she went and made a proper one! I think that if Warner had waited and then released the video mix as the radio/A-side the song would have charted higher.

Cover versions were very popular in the UK charts 91-93 so Fever was a safe but disappointing release.

I like the colors and warmth in the photo, I just think its an odd pose. That's all.

Ahhh thank you for posting, saved me the time of having to. Have this 7-inch and SO GLAD I DO.

Yeah the single cover's not her best but there's nothing wrong w/ it. If you don't like it you have the black & white nudie to choose from

the single was released fast after Badgirl, but it´s not that difficult to find a good picture for a single, and it´s even easier if you are madonna! anyways, i was happy with the cover back in the day, because she had eyebrows, and i was still suffering because of D&D´s video...although the didn´t think about the cover for more than one minute, that´s obvious.

really, it was a weirdly managed era

I loved that picture disc. So much better than the standard release.

In the US they just said fuck it and used the "Bad Girl" sleeve for the "Fever" promo as well (the US "Bad Girl" maxi was essentially a "Fever" one anyway) :lol:

Madonna_-_Fever.jpeg

Something must be wrong with me because I like the covers that most fans don't, this (idk if other people don't like it) and S&S tour cover. There'll probably be others too

I always loved this one.

There's also the euro 5" for Rain that came with a sticker 'Also Includes Fever' (edit one)

The 7" had edit two :inlove:

1993-rain-back.jpg?w=572&h=572

This sleeve was so hot

I don't see anything wrong with this cover either - except the fact that I identify this way too strongly to Bad Girl...

I don't know, maybe the fact that she has kind of an old-fashioned glamorous hairstyle on this photo made them think it would suit a cover of a song from the 50s ?

My thoughts exactly!!! :)

Guest bluejean

The cover is alright.

I actually love Madonna's version of this song. Especially the video remix. I'm appalled that wasn't the version played on the radio.

I love that she did it on tour. The mixing on that remix is so hot, you can feel the warmth in the song. Everything is so clear, the bass is real loud, the vocals are hypnotic. So much better than the album version imo. Did you hear Bellenger's remaster? OMG navybluebootcutjeans, your gonna love it.

Personally, I love the cover and think she looks stunning. But I adore her whole look in the Bad Girl video. Madonna does Hollywood glamour better than any other star out there in my opinion and I think the cover captures that.