What if I'm addicted was the LEAD single?

drunkbysix

Guest bluejean

I don't think "Gang Bang" could have been a single *anywhere*.It's a great song,but much too controversial/violent/offensive to be a single.

Since when has abit of controversy been a bad thing for Madonna?

Since when has abit of controversy been a bad thing for Madonna?

True,but I don't know...."Gang Bang" is kinda extreme,even for her :) and with all these recent shootings,this time I fear that the controversy could have backfired.

Personally, I would have gone:

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

I would have chosen these songs as the singles...

*GMAYL (Super Bowl promo/buzz single)

*I'm Addicted (the official first single)

*Falling Free (yes,I would have chosen this beautiful song as a single.A stunning ballad that really shows off Madonna's vocals.I think she needs to release a ballad as a single,for a change).

*Turn Up The Radio

MASTERPIECE: pre-album single Fall 2011

+

BEAUTIFUL KILLER: lead single

+

LOVE SPENT: second single

+

I'M ADDICTED: third single

=

MULTI-PLATINUM ALBUM

Sorry, that's just how it is. They really screwed up.

I totally pumped I'm Addicted on my headphones for the walk home. It was fantastic. Then I played Give Me All Your Luvin' and I don't mean to offend all you haters in here but it is better single material. I can't believe it gets such hate. I think the lyrics are brilliant, Madonna sounds great, the beat, hook, melody, production and everything else technical that I'm spurting off are all superb, the video was INCREDIBLE and it really went well with the Superbowl. I actually really enjoy this song and listen to it often. A lot of non Madonna fans I show it to really enjoy it too. If Madonna was not subject to constant ageism and her/her label promoted this song and her album more it would have fared much better. I just find it so catchy and fun!

If Britney, Katy or Rihanna had released this I think it would have been a hit worldwide. Quite sad really and it makes me angry to think this fantastic song has gone relatively unnoticed by the general public.

However, I'm Addicted, Turn Up The Radio, Girl Gone Wild or Love Spent could all have been first single material depending on how the album was to be presented (controversial Madonna, classic Madonna, club Madonna, divorced Madonna) and I would have been happy with any of them. I feel GMAYL's lyrics represent the era and Madonna re-establishing herself and referencing herself. It gets way too much hate. I dare you to play it up loud and not feel happy and want to dance! ^_^

edit: if it was me making the decisions though I would totally boot Nicki and MIA off the track.

I've grown to like GMAYL a lot but then again I never hated it.

But I don't think it was good lead single material. GGW is the fuck-up for me, that was a truly dreadful choice.

Guest Rachelle of London

Beautiful Killer as a 1st single? No way!

I know! Not lead single material in my opinion but wouldve worked better than GMAYL

Guest bluejean

I know! Not lead single material in my opinion but wouldve worked better than GMAYL

I'm not sure about that actually. I actually prefer GMAYL

:blush:

BK is pure, classic Madonna through and through. The voice, the melodies, the music, the lyrics... it's the whole package and it reminded me of the quality pop songs she produced so many years ago.

Guest Rachelle of London

:blush:

BK is pure, classic Madonna through and through. The voice, the melodies, the music, the lyrics... it's the whole package and it reminded me of the quality pop songs she produced so many years ago.

Its not my fave but I could actually hear it on the radio!

Me too :) I think, even if it's not their favorite on the album, most people would agree that it was radio-friendly and, I hate to say this... age-appropriate for her... as in, it would have been more accepted than a cheerleader song (GMAYL) or a slut song (GGW) by the general public.

Guest Rachelle of London

BK got a good reaction from the audience when Martin Solveig played it during his opening act at Stade de France.

OMG thats true! At Hyde Park no one knew any of the MDNA songs but they were liking BK. Omg forgot that!

I'm Addicted is so badly mixed that you can barely hear her voice. Maybe with a better production it would have worked, but as it's in the album i can't imagine any radio station playing it

If I'm Addicted had been the lead single 99% of her fans would be now moaning because GMAYL wasn't the first single. In my opinion, GMAYL may be a mediocre tune, but it's the only single material from the album. BK es incredible, but needs another production too, that mash up with DAD proves that the song needed some kick.

So we go again to Will Orbit's words.

The chorus isn't catchy enough. Even a reject song like Animal sounds like more of a hit to me.

Animal had SUCH a great chorus. A shame the rest of the song didn't measure up.

Guest bluejean

Well that sound was only a demo, I imagine if they decided to use it it would have had more original sounding production. The chorus of Beautiful Killer sounds flat to me, it just doesn't really go anywhere.

Well that sound was only a demo, I imagine if they decided to use it it would have had more original sounding production.

Still, it sounds pretty "finished" for a demo

Guest bluejean

Oh well. We think differently. I do like the song though. But I do actually prefer 'Best Friend' and even 'I'm Fucked Up.'