What if I'm addicted was the LEAD single?

drunkbysix

Req and ZD, in the time between Celebrations

Release and MDNA, Radio One went for a younger audience therefore they were always going to ignore her.

Celebration was only a very small hit and got no airplay on R1 for weeks, in fact I think not til about a week before it charted.

As for BK, although a nice track, I don't think it had the balls or commercial appeal to be the lead single from A new campaign. But who knows? You might have been right.

well its all a question of risk

The main source of revenue is the Tour

a single like GMAYL may not sell the album but it wont harm the tour sales

gang bang had the risk of a backlash for the show

Im Addicted is great ,i would have preferred as 1st single

Who cares what Radio one play? They're a bunch of dickheads.

Ridiculous question. If you want sales when you are doing no personal promotion, having a big audience hear your music is vital. No Radio One is a big loss.

If you don't care about having your music exposed widely, then yes, fuck Radio One.

Ridiculous question. If you want sales when you are doing no personal promotion, having a big audience hear your music is vital. No Radio One is a big loss.

If you don't care about having your music exposed widely, then yes, fuck Radio One.

How big are Radio 1s audiences since they decided to alienate everyone over the age of 17?

BBC Radio 2 and Radio 4 have pulled in record numbers of listeners, according to the newest figures from Rajar.

An average weekly audience of about 15.44 million tuned into Radio 2 while Radio 4's audience rose to 10.97 million a week.

Chris Evans' Radio 2 breakfast show saw its average weekly reach fall slightly from 9.8 million to 9.75 million.

Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw, who replaced Chris Moyles, saw his average breakfast audience climb to 5.88 million.

The figures are up from 5.78 million in the first quarter of 2013, which represented a drop of almost a million following Moyles' departure.

BBC Radio 2 and Radio 4 have pulled in record numbers of listeners, according to the newest figures from Rajar.

An average weekly audience of about 15.44 million tuned into Radio 2 while Radio 4's audience rose to 10.97 million a week.

Chris Evans' Radio 2 breakfast show saw its average weekly reach fall slightly from 9.8 million to 9.75 million.

Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw, who replaced Chris Moyles, saw his average breakfast audience climb to 5.88 million.

The figures are up from 5.78 million in the first quarter of 2013, which represented a drop of almost a million following Moyles' departure.

Radio 1s weekly reach was 11.02 million, a 7.4 per cent rise quarter on quarter from 10.26 million but down 2.2 per cent year on year from 11.27 million. Its share was 6.8 per cent, compared to 6.7 per cent last quarter and 8.3 per cent last year.

I may be wrong but I'm assuming Katy Perry doesn't get played on Radio one...

I may be wrong but I'm assuming Katy Perry doesn't get played on Radio one...

It wouldn't matter seeing as her single isn't out her for another month. Can anyone explain why this keeps happening in this country/europe? We keep getting things yonks later than everywhere else in the world allowing buzz to fade, yet historically at times when it wouldn't have fucking mattered without immediate communications people managed to release things on time.