TRUE BLUE appreciation

Barbie

Where do I start? :dramatic: one of the best pop songs ever? Perhaps. Let's appreciate the song AND video.

The short dyke cut :dramatic: the orgasm eyes she makes when saying "other lips" :lmao:

ONLY MADONNNA.

The video is simple but CUTE. I love the 50's theme. Every time I play it I feel like I'm at the malt shop dancing on the countertop with my gurlz just like Madonna was :dramatic:

Let's appreciate this CLASSIC and thank the lord almighty Madonna for giving it to us and pray to her every night that she performs it again in the future.

'Till you walked through my doorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2mcbywo.jpg

:dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

I absolutely adore this song and video - I remember seeing it on TV when I was a kid, I guess it's somehow linked with childhood. It has that mellow feel to it, for me.

:blush:

btw, i always hear this song at the supermarket when im foodshopping, never fails! :chuckle:

That's so cool! I wish I would hear it while grocery shopping! I would probably start prancing through the aisles. :lmao:

Loveee this song 3rd favourite M song ever.

Oddly, it always makes me teary eyed, because it's so ecstatic. I think just the conceit of such a bright, glorious, happy love, that you can hear in the lyrics and the production and most importantly the performance, that ended so badly under whatever circumstances less than two years later, is heartbreaking.

But the album version is nothing next to this

HEYYY! ITALY!

This song and album always hit a major nostalgic note for me. I remember all the Like a Virgin mania that came before this and the earlier videos ... but I was really, really young for that. True Blue hit when I was (still young) but a little older and able to follow along better.

It marked the beginning of me being able to comprehend her massive fame, which was growing by the day it seemed. I still remember the serious and DRAMATIC discussion my little friends and I had on the school playground about her cutting all her hair off for this era :lol:

I was gonna go ahead and talk about the album, but after the third paragraph I had wrote, I realized this thread was about the song. :chuckle::blush:

It's cute. But I prefer the remix over the album version.

Its a total sin that this song wasn't included on any of her greatest hits albums.

Absolutely. The Holiday Collection was a nice attempt to fix this though.

this song really grew on me throughout the years. this album in general really shows how great her voice is, esp. this song.

btw, i always hear this song at the supermarket when im foodshopping, never fails! :chuckle:

I have heard it at the grocery store and at big box retail stores.

This song is pure pop perfection in every way. It's magical