Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

So true.....how silly would it be for her to hear something, REALLY like it enough to consider working with that person, finds out they are 25 years old and then decides "OH....well, since they aren't MY AGE, I guess I shouldn't work with them".....LOL....just....NO...that's stupid. Personally, I love and respect Moroder and a lot of his work but I just haven't heard anything he's done in years. I can admit I'm not as in tune with what's going on in the underground dance music world as I once was, but I've NEVER heard of Disclosure and ALREADY I'm seeing in this thread that she shouldn't work with them because they are too well known and it'll look like she's trying to be "down with the kids". First of all, it's pop music, the fact that she records it at all is enough for people to say she's "trying too hard". Secondly, no matter how unknown said producer is, as soon as we hear their name through the rumor mill consistently for a month and fans start doing their research on the artist online and dig up old tracks/remixes or whatever, they are going to say how Madonna missed the boat etc etc. I have a feeling if everything were as accessible in 2000 as it is now, people wouldn't have thought Mirwais was as fresh as he was. He had bands, albums.....been in music for many years but he seemed new and fresh. With all the information people have at their fingertips and as fast as things move now, it's going to be hard for her to duplicate something like that. Price, Mirwais, Orbit etc.....none of them were "unknown and underground" we just had limited information on them because our resources were more limited.

Completly agree with every single word, hoping for a 2014 release (tour not before 2015 please!)

I hope this rumor is true.Giorgio Moroder is a legendary producer/artist and I like the idea of Madonna going back to the past (musically).Look at many of the songs that are hot right now.....Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" (featuring Nile Rodgers),Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" (which sounds like Marvin Gaye's 1977 hit "Got To Give It Up"),Justin Timberlake's "Suit And Tie"....all these songs have a strong retro/disco feel.Working with Giorgio Moroder could help Madonna get on board that retro train,too.

I hope this rumor is true.Giorgio Moroder is a legendary producer/artist and I like the idea of Madonna going back to the past (musically).Look at many of the songs that are hot right now.....Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" (featuring Nile Rodgers),Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" (which sounds like Marvin Gaye's 1977 hit "Got To Give It Up"),Justin Timberlake's "Suit And Tie"....all these songs have a strong retro/disco feel.Working with Giorgio Moroder could help Madonna get on board that retro train,too.

Oh I would like if Madonna had been featured in RAM, but its past now. Dont try to recreate that M!

So Giorgio does disco and dance music?

Yes! He produced some of the greatest disco/dance albums of all time.

He produced Donna Summer's string of hit albums in the 70s ('Bad Girls' being her masterpiece).

He produced Donna's 1977 hit "I Feel Love",which many people consider the first real techno song.

Guest Rachelle of London

Erotica (92) Bedtime Stories (94)

Practically every album except for HC & MDNA, Ms usual gap is 2 years

Guest Rachelle of London

And BS-ROL

yeah but STR & Evita were in the middle, LAP & Erotica had IB aswell...I hope she does release a new album next yer! I'm READY for it!

yeah but STR & Evita were in the middle, LAP & Erotica had IB aswell...I hope she does release a new album next yer! I'm READY for it!

HC and MDNA had Celebration and S&S 2.0 in between.

Guest Rachelle of London

HC and MDNA had Celebration and S&S 2.0 in between.

True!!! Even more proof that she could release an album in 2012 and again in 2014

True!!! Even more proof that she could release an album in 2012 and again in 2014

and let's not forget W./E. which requested more involvement from M than F&W did.

Guest Rachelle of London

and let's not forget W./E. which requested more involvement from M than F&W did.

yup!!!!

Weren't there rumours that M was writing material during MDNA Tour...I know that tour was so tiresome and strenuous but I wouldnt put it past her. She mustve been so inspired on MDNA, the whole Le Pen debacle alone was enough for new song

yup!!!!

Weren't there rumours that M was writing material during MDNA Tour...I know that tour was so tiresome and strenuous but I wouldnt put it past her. She mustve been so inspired on MDNA, the whole Le Pen debacle alone was enough for new song

I still wonder why she pronounced it that way at the Olympia gig, btw...

So Giorgio does disco and dance music?

Uh-huh!

As SkyHigh76 wrote, he co-wrote and produced virtually all of Donna Summer's pre-1980 songs, including not only "I Feel Love", which was the first ever fully electronic disco song, "On the Radio" and "Love to Love You Baby", but also her 16-minute version of "Je t'aime (Moi non plus)".

Other hits of his include:

Blondie - Call Me

David Bowie - Cat People (Putting Out Fire)

Limahl - Never Ending Story

Irene Cara - Flashdance... What a Feeling

Berlin - Take My Breath Away + 4 other songs on the Top Gun soundtrack

Freddie Mercury - Love Kills

He also co-wrote and co-produced the track "Giorgio by Moroder" for Daft Punk's latest album.

By the way, the intro of the CT version of "Live to Tell" sample's Giorgio Moroder's song "Tears".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERMWeJ_cPK0

Furthermore, Giorgio Moroder produced the 1984 re-release of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis", the film that inspired the video for "Express Yourself".

This style of music reminds me of the 'Bang Bang' Gang Bang Demo M did - that kinda 70's feel. LOVE IT

Uh-huh!

As SkyHigh76 wrote, he co-wrote and produced virtually all of Donna Summer's pre-1980 songs, including not only "I Feel Love", which was the first ever fully electronic disco song, "On the Radio" and "Love to Love You Baby", but also her 16-minute version of "Je t'aime (Moi non plus)".

Blondie - Call Me

He also co-wrote and co-produced the track "Giorgio by Moroder" for Daft Punk's latest album.

By the way, the intro of the CT version of "Live to Tell" sample's Giorgio Moroder's song "Tears".

Furthermore, Giorgio Moroder produced the 1984 re-release of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis", the film that inspired the video for "Express Yourself".

Uh-huh!

Blondie - Call Me

He was also behind I need love, which was supposed to be Olivia Newton-John's comback single in 1992, which didn't really happen because of cancer diagnosis.

Thanks for that MSig, great post as usual

:smooch:

I'm so ready for a new M album!

I would love some Nile Rogers involvement. But then again that's retreading old ground. Plus idiots would think she was bandwagon jumping.

Guest Rachelle of London

I would love some Nile Rogers involvement. But then again that's retreading old ground. Plus idiots would think she was bandwagon jumping.

Will never forget her for not working with him on Hard Candy! Imagine Nile on SNM and BGO omgggg!

Anyway, any producer's name wouldn't really give a clue about the outcome. When Orbit's name was all over the internet about him working on MDNA, everybody was like "oh yay ! ROL 2.0" and, without belittling the MDNA tracks he produced i absolutely love, there ain't no Drowned World/Substitute for Love or Swim on the latest album, is there ?

I highly doubt she'd work with Moroder. She already made a disco record (COADF) and she didn't need him to recreate that sound.

I have a hard time believing any Examiner story, even for the fun of new music. With the last album they said Madonna would be working with Jim Steinman (songwriter) and that wasn't even close to be being true.