Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

There's supposedly a Spotlight demo which was written around the time of Holiday and was dug out and reworked for YCD so it predates Over and Over.

I thought Spotlight was a leftover from True Blue?

There's supposedly a Spotlight demo which was written around the time of Holiday and was dug out and reworked for YCD so it predates Over and Over.

I heard so, too.

I thought Spotlight was a leftover from True Blue?

As far as I've heard, Madonna didn't record the song until the True Blue sessions. But the original demo was done in the same session as the original "Holiday" demo. It is said to be even more similar in style to "Holiday" than the released version.

In that case: Excuse me for believing in people who provide me with accurate info 95% of the time

Sorry? I didn't hear that I was too busy getting over my excitement after finally seeing the lost Virgin Tour performances, that's after I was listening to those newly commissioned UK/Aus LAP, Holiday and ITG remixes, but that was all before I popped that BA DVD into the player ETC ETC.......OH (I guess the plans changed :chuckle: )

Madonnatribe is the scourge of the Madonna community and the day they shut their doors will be a blessing. :yes:

Uh oh. Cue mnation getting attacked with malicious malware AGAIN.

Madonnatribe is the scourge of the Madonna community and the day they shut their doors will be a blessing. :yes:

:chuckle:

Do you remember the days of the Drownedmadonna vs Madonnatribe 4-year-old CHILD rivalry

So much pride in letting the rest of the world know about their exclusives :rotfl:

Drownedmadonna has been off for ages and ages now

I still go to Tribe for news every once in a while

Making sure to stay away from their forums because they are a MESS

GSM types and that sort

Ohhhh my god this thread is giving me a headache but the legit information is fascinating.

I wonder if, after spending so long working on so many songs from scratch, personal and pop-y, for Hard Candy, and to have it lambasted critically, she just felt "well eff that" in allocating time to work on MDNA. People say the album is uninspired, and while I see where they're coming from I think the problem is more that she simply did not give it the time to mature. The pure Madonna brilliance evident on tracks like I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer and Best Friend (I know a lot of people dislike it but shoot me), which we know, from interviews, came after M had worked with the producers for a while. I think that if she'd given herself maybe even just another month of strictly working on the album, something really magnificent would have come of it. But as it was, the entire way through putting the album together she was occupied elsewhere, editing and promoting W.E., working on ToD, Material Girl, planning the Super Bowl and then the tour.

Wow, Larkspur's rant was weird...

Anyway... the way this thread is moving clearly shows how much we want a new album...

Also, Madonnatribe is shit.

Guest Rachelle of London

Ohhhh my god this thread is giving me a headache but the legit information is fascinating.

I wonder if, after spending so long working on so many songs from scratch, personal and pop-y, for Hard Candy, and to have it lambasted critically, she just felt "well eff that" in allocating time to work on MDNA. People say the album is uninspired, and while I see where they're coming from I think the problem is more that she simply did not give it the time to mature. The pure Madonna brilliance evident on tracks like I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer and Best Friend (I know a lot of people dislike it but shoot me), which we know, from interviews, came after M had worked with the producers for a while. I think that if she'd given herself maybe even just another month of strictly working on the album, something really magnificent would have come of it. But as it was, the entire way through putting the album together she was occupied elsewhere, editing and promoting W.E., working on ToD, Material Girl, planning the Super Bowl and then the tour.

I agree

Guest Rachelle of London

I was simply defending Madonna. If I have to read insulting comments to do that then I just have to deal with it.

So anyone that has an opinion that differs to yours is attacking Madonna?

You were not "simply defending Madonna", you started swearing at forum members, telling them to leave and getting aggressive for NO reason at all. And when did Madonna need defending on her own fansite.?

Guest Rachelle of London

@Chelle if you think I'm gonna sit back and let people make comments about me unanswered then your not being fair. Of course the ones I can still see.

But you attacked people first, you even attacked Karby who defended Bluejean.

Definitely love the idea of a Moroder collab.

Karby made a joke about something I said in another thread and I said nothing. I felt the need to point out what I thought about GMAYL. Bluejean got on my nerves and I said what I said. The others who joined in need to chill out because it wasn't directed at them. Their just cocky. Karby of course was going to say something, I think they are very pleased with themselves as they like to trash people's reputations. I wouldn't worry about what I said to them, I'm sure they will lose no sleep.

Oh no probs babe. I recall i started posting years and years ago in a forum and my first post was calling another one retard because he didn't like American Life, hahaha. Sometimes it happens. You'll see in future posts that Bluebabe is really a warm person, and me, besides being weird sometimes, don't use to argue.

big kiss and I hope there will be no hard feelings in the future. *kiss*

I heard so, too.

As far as I've heard, Madonna didn't record the song until the True Blue sessions. But the original demo was done in the same session as the original "Holiday" demo. It is said to be even more similar in style to "Holiday" than the released version.

From the unreleased Madonna songs page on wiki:

Spotlight Original version 1985 US copyright registration PAu-716-379[46] written in 1984. Curtis Hudson & Lisa Stevens. Stevens' demo version sounds remarkably like "Holiday" which she also co-wrote. Madonna and Stephen Bray changed lyrics and music to this in 1985 via copyright registration PAu-924-278.[47][48] The demo also has a different rhythm and chorus melody. Sample lyric "Spotlight shine on me, spotlight shine on you. Be what you want to be, do what you want to do." and "Spotlight shine so bright, spotlight shine tonight".

Guest Rachelle of London

From the unreleased Madonna songs page on wiki:

Spotlight Original version 1985 US copyright registration PAu-716-379[46] written in 1984. Curtis Hudson & Lisa Stevens. Stevens' demo version sounds remarkably like "Holiday" which she also co-wrote. Madonna and Stephen Bray changed lyrics and music to this in 1985 via copyright registration PAu-924-278.[47][48] The demo also has a different rhythm and chorus melody. Sample lyric "Spotlight shine on me, spotlight shine on you. Be what you want to be, do what you want to do." and "Spotlight shine so bright, spotlight shine tonight".

Here is the Lisa Stevens Spotlight demo, sent by our forum angel Presston, who still lurks but no longer posts

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sot7a3