Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

Imagine it were true she was already working with 8 songs???

Ok guys, tell me. Normally, how does Madonna start an album? Somehow i can't picture her going to the studio with 8 songs, i always picture her going there, playing a bit and getting inspired.

I wish she would go into the studio with a bunch of songs already written....as opposed to having demos of completed songs presented to her.That way,the album would be more personal.She's a good songwriter.

I wish she would go into the studio with a bunch of songs already written....as opposed to having demos of completed songs presented to her.That way,the album would be more personal.She's a good songwriter.

Hmmm... she did that with Hard Candy. And how can you get more personal than MDNA??

Guest Rachelle of London

I want Madonna's album to be everything her "fans" don't want it to be. I just don't want her to please them in anyway, shape or form.

This!

The next tour will feature a rocked up version of Candy Shop! WATCH

You're probably right.

I don't want a "rock" album, but I would like something more organic with a mix of more ballads and dance.

A rock album would just mean GuitarMadonna all over it. No thank you. "I Love New York" was a good track .. except for that guitar and in the official remix it's SO DAMN LOUD it's unmixable. Just, plz, no more (or at least a lot less) GuitarMadonna.

I'd like to see Madonna w/ Pet Shop Boys. Now THAT'S a great album waiting to happen (Even though it probably won't) *sigh

Did she really do that with Hard Candy?

She did. Justin said in two interviews she came with a notebook full of lines she had wrote by herself and end up being song lyrics and inspiring full songs.

I'm guessing her next album will be a lot lighter compared to MDNA, since she doesn't like to repeat herself and it was such a dark album (except for the random instances of fluff).

She did. Justin said in two interviews she came with a notebook full of lines she had wrote by herself and end up being song lyrics and inspiring full songs.

From what I've gathered over the years from reading/watching interviews with her, she's constantly writing whether she's working on an album or not. She'll then use those for lyrics when it comes time to go to the studio.

Guest Not4Pussies

Yes she did. She wrote songs on the guitar and brought acoustic tracks to the table for Pharrel and Tim

very true, for the Celebration sessions she originally wrote Broken on guitar and she recorded it as a dance song

Yes she did. She wrote songs on the guitar and brought acoustic tracks to the table for Pharrel and Tim

Yep

She's been doing that since AL

What songs are you talking about? Even Justin said on that MTV thing that he wrote the guitar riff to "Miles Away."

I think people are using blanket statements with these albums. It's always a mix of different approaches. I'm 90% sure that Pharrell wrote most of "Heartbeat" and presented it as a nearly complete demo to Madonna, even though she said the first song they wrote together was "Candy Shop". And on the other hand, I am pretty sure she brought pieces of what would become "Voice", "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You", and "Give It 2 Me."

Guest bluejean

What songs are you talking about? Even Justin said on that MTV thing that he wrote the guitar riff to "Miles Away."

I think people are using blanket statements with these albums. It's always a mix of different approaches. I'm 90% sure that Pharrell wrote most of "Heartbeat" and presented it as a nearly complete demo to Madonna, even though she said the first song they wrote together was "Candy Shop". And on the other hand, I am pretty sure she brought pieces of what would become "Voice", "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You", and "Give It 2 Me."

There's an acoustic demo of Beat Goes On and Hey You

Imagine it were true she was already working with 8 songs???

Ok guys, tell me. Normally, how does Madonna start an album? Somehow i can't picture her going to the studio with 8 songs, i always picture her going there, playing a bit and getting inspired.

Well, the thing with Madonna is that she has no specific way of starting songwriting and recording sessions. It varies from album to album and even from song to song.

If we just focus on the songs on MDNA:

"Girl Gone Wild" was written and composed by Jenson Vaughan to an instrumental track produced by the Benassi brothers. The original vocal demo, sung by Rosette (a frequent collaborator of Jenson Vaughan), was then submitted by Madonna, who changed a few lyrics and added the intro.

You can hear Rosette's version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKOF6PiY2c

"Gang Bang" was originally written and composed by Mika, Priscilla Renea and a bunch of other people and recorded as "Bang Bang" by Priscilla Renea. The demo was submitted to Madonna, whose first take on the song was virtually identical to the original demo. However, at the very last minute, Madonna was inspired to rework the musical strucure of the song entirely.

You can hear Priscilla Renea's original demo here: https://soundcloud.com/m8r-j80qv3/bang-bang-boom-priscilla

"I'm Addicted", I believe, was co-written by Madonna from scratch. At least, she is the only one of the co-writers who speaks any English. But not much is known about how this song came to life.

"Turn Up the Radio" was originally recorded by Sunday Girl for Martin Solveig's latest album. It didn't make the final cut, but Solveig played it at some of his gigs in late 2011. After having heard the song, Madonna wrote new lyrics and altered the melody.

You can hear a part of Sunday Girl's version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUFF9EEgWiQ

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" alledgedly features virtually no songwriting input from Madonna, though Martin Solveig and Michael Tordjman wrote the song especially for Madonna.

"Some Girls" was written by William Orbit and Klas Ã…hlund during a songwriting camp for what would become Britney Spears' Femme Fatale album, but was rejected by the label. The original demo sung by Bebe Rexha was submitted to Madonna, who changed some of the lyrics and added the middle eight section.

You can hear Bebe Rexha's take on the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL-AflcfX0c.

"Superstar" and "I Don't Give A" were alledgedly co-written by Madonna from scratch, though not much is known about how these songs were created.

"I'm a Sinner" was originally written by Jean-Baptiste and William Orbit as an unfinished demo. Madonna liked what she heard when Orbit submitted it to her and finished the song.

"Love Spent" was originally produced as an instrumental track by Jean-Baptiste, Ryan Buendia and Alain Whyte. The lyrics were written by Jean-Baptiste and Priscilla Renea, who recorded the first vocal demo. William Orbit then submitted the demo to Madonna, who changed some of the lyrics and altered the melody. Btw, this was the only MDNA song to be registered in the ASCAP database before MDNA was released. Back then, neither Madonna nor Orbit were credited as co-writers. At some point, four different versions of the songs were registered with ASCAP.

"Masterpiece" was originally written by Jimmy Harry and Julie Frost, who recorded the original acoustic demo. They were working with William Orbit on another project at the time, and he submitted the demo to Madonna. Julie Frost's version is very similar to Madonna's, but sung in a slightly different style.

You can hear Julie Frost performing the song here: http://www.wbez.org/episode-segments/2012-02-06/julie-frost-talks-about-golden-globe-winning-collaboration-madonna-96142.

"Falling Free" was composed by Laurie Mayer to lyrics written by Joe Henry and an instrumental track produced by William Orbit. Laurie Mayer composed the song with Madonna in mind, but didn't know at the time that Orbit would submit it to Madonna. Though Laurie Mayer didn't mention any songwriting input from Madonna in her interview with MadonnaNewEra, William Orbit says in the EPK that Madonna worked a lot on the lyrics to this song.

Well, the thing with Madonna is that she has no specific way of starting songwriting and recording sessions. It varies from album to album and even from song to song.

If we just focus on the songs on MDNA:

"Girl Gone Wild" was written and composed by Jenson Vaughan to an instrumental track produced by the Benassi brothers. The original vocal demo, sung by Rosette (a frequent collaborator of Jenson Vaughan), was then submitted by Madonna, who changed a few lyrics and added the intro.

You can hear Rosette's version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKOF6PiY2c

"Gang Bang" was originally written and composed by Mika, Priscilla Renea and a bunch of other people and recorded as "Bang Bang" by Priscilla Renea. The demo was submitted to Madonna, whose first take on the song was virtually identical to the original demo. However, at the very last minute, Madonna was inspired to rework the musical strucure of the song entirely.

You can here Priscilla Renea's original demo here: https://soundcloud.com/m8r-j80qv3/bang-bang-boom-priscilla

"I'm Addicted", I believe, was co-written by Madonna from scratch. At least, she is the only one of the co-writers who speaks any English. But not much is known about how this song came to life.

"Turn Up the Radio" was originally recorded by Sunday Girl for Martin Solveig's latest album. It didn't make the final cut, but Solveig played it at some of his gigs in late 2011. After having heard the song, Madonna wrote new lyrics and altered the melody.

You can here a part of Sunday Girl's version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUFF9EEgWiQ

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" alledgedly features virtually no songwriting input from Madonna, though Martin Solveig and Michael Tordjman wrote the song especially for Madonna.

"Some Girls" was written by William Orbit and Klas Ã…hlund during a songwriting camp for what would become Britney Spears' Femme Fatale album, but was rejected by the label. The original demo sung by Bebe Rexha was submitted to Madonna, who changed some of the lyrics and added the middle eight section.

You can here Bebe Rexha's take on the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL-AflcfX0c.

"Superstar" and "I Don't Give A" were alledgedly co-written by Madonna from scratch, though not much is known about how these songs were created.

"I'm a Sinner" was originally written by Jean-Baptiste and William Orbit as an unfinished demo. Madonna liked what she heard when Orbit submitted it to her and finished the song.

"Love Spent" was originally produced as an instrumental track by Jean-Baptiste, Ryan Buendia and Alain Whyte. The lyrics were written by Jean-Baptiste and Priscilla Renea, who recorded the first vocal demo. William Orbit then submitted the demo to Madonna, who changed some of the lyrics and altered the melody. Btw, this was the only MDNA song to be registered in the ASCAP database before MDNA was released. Back then, neither Madonna nor Orbit were credited as co-writers. At some point, four different versions of the songs were registered with ASCAP.

"Masterpiece" was originally written by Jimmy Harry and Julie Frost, who recorded the original acoustic demo. They were working with William Orbit on another project at the time, and he submitted the demo to Madonna. Julie Frost's version is very similar to Madonna's, but sung in a slightly different style.

You can here Julie Frost performing the song here: http://www.wbez.org/episode-segments/2012-02-06/julie-frost-talks-about-golden-globe-winning-collaboration-madonna-96142.

"Falling Free" was composed by Laurie Mayer to lyrics written by Joe Henry and an instrumental track produced by William Orbit. Laurie Mayer composed the song with Madonna in mind, but didn't know at the time that Orbit would submit it to Madonna. Though Laurie Mayer didn't mention any songwriting input from Madonna in her interview with MadonnaNewEra, William Orbit says in the EPK that Madonna worked a lot on the lyrics to this song.

Is the Rosette version a genuine demo? I thought it was proved to have been done afterwards. I know there was some confusion. I just want to confirm so I can update my iTunes :)

PS: As for Gang Bang, the demo is called 'Bang Bang Boom' not 'Bang Bang' as confirmed on the soundcloud link. WO also called it BBB.

Is the Rosette version a genuine demo? I thought it was proved to have been done afterwards. I know there was some confusion. I just want to confirm so I can update my iTunes :)

PS: As for Gang Bang, the demo is called 'Bang Bang Boom' not 'Bang Bang' as confirmed on the soundcloud link. WO also called it BBB.

Well, Rosette uploaded her version of "Girl Gone Wild" as a 'cover'. But since she is a frequent collaborator of Jenson Vaughan, who wrote the song, I'd say it's 99% sure that her version is actually the original demo. And don't even get me started on the lyrics of the Rosette version:

"The room is spinning

It must be the patron

Get on out your camera phone

When the red light is on"

As for the "Gang Bang" demo, it's registered as "Bang Bang" in the ASCAP database - that's why I refer to it by that name. :)

Guest bluejean

Unfortunately that write up actually makes it seem like Madonna's songwriting input was quite minimal on that album. Whether that's all true or not who knows.

I'm doubting Ray of Light, Music, American Life and Confessions were created in such a way. Probably the opposite infact. Not sure about Hard Candy.