Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

Guest gang bang

Madonna is on vacations , always she take vacations, before start new projects , maybe this rumour is trueee

I highly doubt she'd work with Moroder. She already made a disco record (COADF) and she didn't need him to recreate that sound.

I have a hard time believing any Examiner story, even for the fun of new music. With the last album they said Madonna would be working with Jim Steinman (songwriter) and that wasn't even close to be being true.

This

Besides Madonna already said last year that she'd steer clear of more dancey stuff for her next album

This

Besides Madonna already said last year that she'd steer clear of more dancey stuff for her next album

Oh she said that? :o when/where? I don't remember this at all..

even though I really like Moroder's music how great would it be if she'd be the big star to change the sound again like she did with confessions? everyone is doing dance/edm/kinda disco feel and sound now. my dream is that she comes on stage with an all black outfit and goes all piaf like. I know she probably doesn't want to do that yet as she loves to dance too much and the theatrics.. but maybe after the mdna tour being so full of those things, she could go for the exact opposite direction now.. lots of attitude and all the power coming from her alone without any dancers at all (unless it's something like je t'aime mois non plus or love spent/LAV ish..)

everyone is doing too many crazy stuff now and it's tiring & predictable. simplicity works best in my opinion.. she herself is very charismatic and I think she's the only woman in music now who could pull it off because she has so much natural charisma and realness. plus she has done similar things before and proved that she can.

EDIT: but of course with a damn good song and damn good lyrics! not another rephrase of the mdna opening: one of the best concert openings which made every other pop star jealous and scared for losing their fan base .. and then we hear one of her worst songs "supporting" that wonderful opening :p

The Examiner also said a few months ago that Madonna would reunite this year with Patrick Leonard to do a ballad and release it as a soundtrack song.

We're still waiting.... :1251:

Guest Not4Pussies

moroder is great but if she didnt collaborate with him for confessions why would she now?

i know its a fake news article for the examiner

but come on!

she already had her confessions on a dance floor

Guest Not4Pussies

Yes

It was in an interview following the release of MDNA

Can't remember exactly which one

did she really say that?

ooooh, i love it when rumours start!!!!! Let's hope she begins soon with a new album or something. What is she doing right now, by the way? Normally she's not lazy, so she'll be working on something (besides that secret project)

I want a rock/ballads album

It's about time she does one !

I thought that after all this guitar playing on S&S and after discovering all these rock-ish demos (I'm in love with love, Run...) she would go for it.

Guest bluejean

I really don't care 4 that retro sound...it's so tired.

Totally agree. I want her to work on new exciting fresh sounding music. Retro works for some young new artists but not for Madonna. It would just sound like she's paying homage to herself, cue the "returning to her roots" bio for the millionth time.

As for her working with young people, why not? They have the freshest ideas. She fucks a 25 year old for the same reason, they are full of way more life than some old fogey 70's producer. Moroder may be a legend but his sound would be boring. Even Daft Punk, I loved Get Lucky and some of their album but overall it was pretty derivative.

Guest bluejean

It's about time she does one !

I thought that after all this guitar playing on S&S and after discovering all these rock-ish demos (I'm in love with love, Run...) she would go for it.

I think those demos and Remixed and Revisited show she tried that direction and it didn't work. Notice how that lead into Confessions?

Guest bluejean

I wonder what direction she will actually go in when she finally does a new album?

Hopefully something innovative and exciting. I ea listening to Frozen the other day and although I was very young when that song came out it was just SO strikingly different to anything she'd done before or anything else on commercial radio. If she did that now I don't think it would be such a big hit, but she may as well do music that is more left of field because the generic dance/pop of GGW didn't really prove fruitful for her.

I think those demos and Remixed and Revisited show she tried that direction and it didn't work. Notice how that lead into Confessions?

I know - still, I love the rock versions of her older songs she did in concerts (Burning up, Ray of Light, Hung up...)

Guest bluejean

I know - still, I love the rock versions of her older songs she did in concerts (Burning up, Ray of Light, Hung up...)

I have heard that everytime Madonna does a rock version of one of her hits 3000 or so fairies die

Guest bluejean

Don't want to get all wishful thinking bout it but I guess it's possible she's been working on a new album all year. I mean she must be working on SOMETHING. Maybe she's kept it a secret because she just wanted to try things out without any pressure/expectations..... Unlikely but you never know!

Well...if she wanted to work with someone she had worked before, she should work with Rick Nowels! He recently works with Lana Del Rey and what they do is just fantastic, they also work with Emile Haynie. I think he should team up with Abel Korzeniowski and they could capture that orchestral/vintage/hip-hop tune. I also think Andre 3000 and Diplo could do some cool stuff for Madonna as well.

I envision an album with a similar sound to Madonner's cover version of "I Want You". Not as soft, though. It would still have strong beats, but overall it would be a little more ballad-ish. Something like a mixture of Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Hard Candy and well...The stuff these producers have done in the past.