Madonna New 2014 Album Rumor Thread!

robster

Let's kick off this puppy by the first rumor. I know it's a story from The Examiner, but it's always fun to get new album talk started somewhere:

The Examiner:

You can expect Madonna's reign to continue as she starts working on her new album in September. Since Georgio Moroder has been named as one of the possible producers, we are very excited.

Full story here: source

They get Giorgio's name wrong, so that's a first mistake, but still...

Yes the Disclosure album is great however it would look like she was jumping on the bandwagon if she worked with them. They are too young. She needs to work with the more mature artists now, stay away from the kids.

Yes the Disclosure album is great however it would look like she was jumping on the bandwagon if she worked with them. They are too young. She needs to work with the more mature artists now, stay away from the kids.

I think it would be great if she worked with Disclosure. It's silly to say she can't work with people younger than she is. Most people her own age who started out when she did are no longer involved in the music business or retired, so that would very much limit who she could work with. I think the important thing is the quality of the music, not the age of the person.

Maybe I'm being over cautious, and yes the difference between Disclosure and say Avicci is that Disclosure are actually good. I just don't trust her judgement in choosing young people to work with. I mean Avicci, Solveig, Minaj, Guetta, all dreadful shite. I don't what another album similar to MDNA. I think Moroder is the perfect choice, an iconic producer for an iconic artist.

Maybe I'm being over cautious, and yes the difference between Disclosure and say Avicci is that Disclosure are actually good. I just don't trust her judgement in choosing young people to work with. I mean Avicci, Solveig, Minaj, Guetta, all dreadful shite. I don't what another album similar to MDNA. I think Moroder is the perfect choice, an iconic producer for an iconic artist.

Well, I trust Madonna's judgment more than you! I don't like David Guetta, but he only did a remix, not produced a whole album. I think Avicci is good, so it might be cool if they worked together. Not a fan of Moroder, I think that would have a cheesy dated 80's sound so I hope that is more crap being made up by the Examiner. I don't think the producer needs to be famous or an icon.

hold your horses. she's gonna direct a movie first

Not necessarily. That book that was discussed, she hasn't gotten the rights to it yet.

I think it would be great if she worked with Disclosure. It's silly to say she can't work with people younger than she is. Most people her own age who started out when she did are no longer involved in the music business or retired, so that would very much limit who she could work with. I think the important thing is the quality of the music, not the age of the person.

So true.....how silly would it be for her to hear something, REALLY like it enough to consider working with that person, finds out they are 25 years old and then decides "OH....well, since they aren't MY AGE, I guess I shouldn't work with them".....LOL....just....NO...that's stupid. Personally, I love and respect Moroder and a lot of his work but I just haven't heard anything he's done in years. I can admit I'm not as in tune with what's going on in the underground dance music world as I once was, but I've NEVER heard of Disclosure and ALREADY I'm seeing in this thread that she shouldn't work with them because they are too well known and it'll look like she's trying to be "down with the kids". First of all, it's pop music, the fact that she records it at all is enough for people to say she's "trying too hard". Secondly, no matter how unknown said producer is, as soon as we hear their name through the rumor mill consistently for a month and fans start doing their research on the artist online and dig up old tracks/remixes or whatever, they are going to say how Madonna missed the boat etc etc. I have a feeling if everything were as accessible in 2000 as it is now, people wouldn't have thought Mirwais was as fresh as he was. He had bands, albums.....been in music for many years but he seemed new and fresh. With all the information people have at their fingertips and as fast as things move now, it's going to be hard for her to duplicate something like that. Price, Mirwais, Orbit etc.....none of them were "unknown and underground" we just had limited information on them because our resources were more limited.

i doubt shes thinking about making music again that soon

Why not? Remember ROL in 1998 and Music in 2000...

If only we have MDNA in 2012 and... in 2014 :dramatic:

Secondly, no matter how unknown said producer is, as soon as we hear their name through the rumor mill consistently for a month and fans start doing their research on the artist online and dig up old tracks/remixes or whatever, they are going to say how Madonna missed the boat etc etc. I have a feeling if everything were as accessible in 2000 as it is now, people wouldn't have thought Mirwais was as fresh as he was. He had bands, albums.....been in music for many years but he seemed new and fresh. With all the information people have at their fingertips and as fast as things move now, it's going to be hard for her to duplicate something like that. Price, Mirwais, Orbit etc.....none of them were "unknown and underground" we just had limited information on them because our resources were more limited.

Price, Mirwais, Orbit weren't known or mainstream, so theoretically wouldn't that make them unknown and underground?

Price, Mirwais, Orbit weren't known or mainstream, so theoretically wouldn't that make them unknown and underground?

Yes, I agree with that. I've never heard of Disclosure either, perhaps I HAVE and just don't know it but the point is, Disclosure is definitely not something most people in Kansas have heard of at this point yet I'm ALREADY reading that Disclosure is well known enough that people would think Madonna is jumping on some sort of bandwagon by working with them.

Yes, I agree with that. I've never heard of Disclosure either, perhaps I HAVE and just don't know it but the point is, Disclosure is definitely not something most people in Kansas have heard of at this point yet I'm ALREADY reading that Disclosure is well known enough that people would think Madonna is jumping on some sort of bandwagon by working with them.

I agree, the internet won't cease criticism of Madonna regardless of the popularity of her collaborator.