REVISIT & WORSHIP: Vogue at Super Bowl 2012

adreeyen

Once a month, almost every month, I remember to watch Madonna's performance of Vogue at the Super Bowl. It's like a church for me, a symbol of my connection to Godonna herself, if you will. I spend about thirty minutes to an hour watching it on repeat, sometimes even dancing. Thrusting a hip here, slicing a bitch there. Every single viewing, I get chills. From beginning to end, this performance is flawless.

I mean, you can't go wrong with Vogue, but with the beefed up production with the slicing and dicing is literally perfection. The visuals are so rich, it's like your looking into the sun with the abyss of gold that just slaps you in the face. The entrance alone is one for the books.The glamour of it is just unparalleled. You can't go wrong with QUEENDONNA dressed as a, wait for it, QUEEN. There could have been no other way for her to reestablish herself as THE ORIGINATOR in a cesspool of fakes and wannabes.

The use of Vogue covers and images from Old Hollywood stars could not have been more appropriate, if not for the Vogue rap then for the fact that, like these stars of the past, her iconography is as timeless as her music. The only negative thing I have to say about this performance is that it ends.

WORSHIP NOW.

img-madonna-super-bowl_121201967816.jpg

I'd like to see it from another camera. The footage shot by the Superbowl kept zooming in and out at all the wrong times during the entire performance. Do you know if there's any clear footage from someone in the audience?

The entrance was EPIC! She honestly nailed it with the Superbowl. I even love her fumble during Music!

Me too. I think of it as kind of the necessary flaw to a perfect performance.

Don't just stand there

Don't don't don't just stand there

*SLAY*

She was perfect! This is probably my favorite version of Vogue and I loved that she used it again at MDNA :wow:

QUEEN!!!!!!!!

That performance was great but i don't like lip-syncing :(

That's why i never liked a lot of her Vogue performances, almost all of them are lip-synced. I remember when i was reading a lot of praise about her 1990 performance of Vogue, i was so hyped and i was a bit disappointed when i saw the performance wasn't live. It was still a great performance of course but not perfect in my standards.

No offence guys, just my honest opinion :thumbsup:

That performance was great but i don't like lip-syncing :(

That's why i never liked a lot of her Vogue performances, almost all of them are lip-synced. I remember when i was reading a lot of praise about her 1990 performance of Vogue, i was so hyped and i was a bit disappointed when i saw the performance wasn't live. It was still a great performance of course but not perfect in my standards.

No offence guys, just my honest opinion :thumbsup:

I agree, yet another reason why S&S Vogue is so great is because of the live vocals. At MDNA it felt very flat to me because the sound was so unrelated to the stage action.

BUT the Super Bowl was fucking amazing I nearly had a stroke. The gold and the chariot and the choreography... that first leg swivel on the chair.

that moment, when the priestress entered the stage my heart stopped for a second. It just was pure magical that I will never forget. It was just iconical

img-madonna-super-bowl_121201967816.jpg

This photo has become iconica. I love it.

But I always wondered...., if there was no superbowl, would the MDNA tour have been any different?

This photo has become iconica. I love it.

But I always wondered...., if there was no superbowl, would the MDNA tour have been any different?

Well maybe there would be no moment factory... No cubes ... Yeah it would be totally different

I have all the performances on my phone. SO like you, sometimes i watch it and enjoy it as I did the first day. One of the best performance of her on TV

Well maybe there would be no moment factory... No cubes ... Yeah it would be totally different

Would the roman/egyptian motif be included in the tour?

I'm still annoyed that they didn't film her removing the golden veil :o there's a youtube video from a crazy sports fan and his son filming it and he sounds like a typical 35+ something macho sports guy who wouldn't like girly pop music but he kept screaming his love for madonna and the amazing show she put on and even though the video quality isn't too good you can see her removing the veil (second vi)and even from a distance it looks fucking amazing :o ugh i cant believe they missed that. i wonder if M told them to film something else in rehearsals (im sure she talked about camera angles up front to know what the /viewers get to see) but i can't really imagine her saying to miss that epic moment so I think it's a mistake on the NFL

I'm still annoyed that they didn't film her removing the golden veil :o there's a youtube video from a crazy sports fan and his son filming it and he sounds like a typical 35+ something macho sports guy who wouldn't like girly pop music but he kept screaming his love for madonna and the amazing show she put on and even though the video quality isn't too good you can see her removing the veil (second vi)and even from a distance it looks fucking amazing :o ugh i cant believe they missed that. i wonder if M told them to film something else in rehearsals (im sure she talked about camera angles up front to know what the /viewers get to see) but i can't really imagine her saying to miss that epic moment so I think it's a mistake on the NFL

You know, I also thought about this a lot, and I kinda wonder if they shot something else when she was removing the cloak thing because they were afraid of Madonna taking it off to reveal her naked body or something. Okay, maybe not that extreme, but I think post-Janet-nipple-flash, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to play it safe.

You know, I also thought about this a lot, and I kinda wonder if they shot something else when she was removing the cloak thing because they were afraid of Madonna taking it off to reveal her naked body or something. Okay, maybe not that extreme, but I think post-Janet-nipple-flash, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to play it safe.

I have the same thoughts here

The were afraid of her