Jazzy Jan

Loving Olivia Newton John, The real queen of Australian pop

329 posts in this topic

Oh yes, I saw that a few months ago. I enjoyed it but those Abba bitches really didn;t seem to enjoy the spotlight on Olivia.

They're more relaxed during the acoustic set from that special :lol:

As for the live concert section, outtake footage with stereo sound leaked online about 2 years ago, including the complete version of If you love me (let me know) and a longer Thank you for the Music compared to the broadcasted version.

HDTY starts at 14:35

I've been a fan since I was a youngin'. She doesn't get much respect critically, but I love her.

She is so great live. Her voice still holds up today. When you see her live you also marvel at how many hits she has had over her career. I saw her about 2 years ago at the Regent Theatre and she was still incredible.

yeah I agree. she even seems to have more soul to her voice now. I saw a clip on youtube of a very sexy version of PHYSCIAL. shes smooth.

yeah I agree. she even seems to have more soul to her voice now. I saw a clip on youtube of a very sexy version of PHYSCIAL. shes smooth.

That would be the bossa nova version she first performed for her symphonic tour in 2002. Fans loved it so she added it as a bonus hidden track on her duet album (2)

She sometimes performs both versions in concert, starting with the new version :

Janelle I love Olivia Newton John! I idolised her when I was a little girl. Grease was my favorite movie then and You're the one that I want is one of my favorite scenes of all time! I wanted to be Olivia, I could relate to her and her music and I love love love that she loves who she is. I wish I could remember the interview on a weekly show of her saying something that pretty much says that. She says people think of me as something and milkshakes and she's like that's okay because I like something and milkshakes. I have to find that show and interview. I forget the other thing she says people say she's like.

I was in grade school at the time and I wore out Olivia's Totally Hot album and Linda Ronstadt's Mad Love. A Little more Love was my favorite song. I saw her on TV one night performing it and a girl in school the next day said she didn't look good and I said I thought she looked pretty. I love her early stuff too. I was never one to have posters on my wall because I thought tape would ruin my walls so I had a picture of her tucked in my dresser mirror. Lol very few people have had the honour of me putting their picture up in my room.

I use to read all kinds of fan magazines when I was little and can remember an article about Olivia and talking about her home. I stayed a fan through the eighties. I kinda thought she was getting away from herself a little in the eighties but not drastically. I loved Xanadu, Twist of Fate, The Rumour, Soul Kiss. On a long trip in 1992 I listened to her album Back to the Basics.

I could have seen her this past February if I planned better. It's a long story but I my problem is I wait till the last minute to do everything.

But yeah I love Olivia.

Yeah, she said stuff like that at many occasions, about people referring to her as the singing milkshake, or the girl next door, and she was just glad to have any kind of image, and a nice at that.

Oh, and I just love her in interviews, her speaking voice is so soft :blush:

There's a reference to the quote "if white bread could sing, it would sound like Olivia Newton-John " in this 1994 Australian interview (at 1'23") :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxsv66TI4cs

^ I enjoyed that interview. I love her voice also. I wish I could think of the show I use to watch every week that were tributes to music stars. I remember the show but I have nothing to go on as far as host, name etc. I tried all night to look it up. It wasn't a huge show and played on Saturday afternoons. It's funny that I remember nothing because I usually remember things that I enjoyed pretty detailed.

All this ONJ talk is making me want to put on a koala blue outfit and sip on a glass of her koala blue wine:)

Have to say that Physical is probably her most consistent album ( aside from her GH) not one bad song on the album, and yes that cover does look familiar;)

P.s favorite song............. Soul Kiss followed by Help Me Make It Through The Night.

^ I never really paid attention to Koala Blue. I'm such a flop fan when it comes to my idols side projects. Koala Blue wine?

Is Olivia a grandmother yet? I thought I heard she was going to be.

^ I never really paid attention to Koala Blue. I'm such a flop fan when it comes to my idols side projects. Koala Blue wine?

Is Olivia a grandmother yet? I thought I heard she was going to be.

After the Koala Blue stores collapsed in the early 90s, somebody had bought the franchise's name and approcahed Olivia and Pat Carroll to use it again. The did wine, water... I think that was around 2002, I remember ordering a Woman's Day magazine that had a 4 pages article, with pics of Olivia about it

arf7.jpg

0yvm.jpg

Koala Blue was initially a huge success but according to "business experts" they simply over-extended and opened too many stores worldwide. The first store she opened in Los Angeles was raking in millions and was considered a global business success story. Shame it all went downhill later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VHrzvMTbMJc

Just came across this photo from a 1978 FRench TV show I didn't know. She looks stunning.

1005345_150858218446608_694130816_n.jpg

we went to an intimate restaurant , then to a suggested movie.

I listened to the Physical album tonight and then Gaia. Apart from a handful of songs they bored me. Sorry.

^ Thanks! I don't remember seeing that video. The song is amazing. I didn't understand why she didn't build an album with Deeper than a River, Not Gonna Be The One, I Want To Be Wanted, and I Need Love. I mean they are great songs.

A lot of the reasons I love Olivia are the reasons I love Madonna.

^ Thanks! I don't remember seeing that video. The song is amazing. I didn't understand why she didn't build an album with Deeper than a River, Not Gonna Be The One, I Want To Be Wanted, and I Need Love. I mean they are great songs.

A lot of the reasons I love Olivia are the reasons I love Madonna.

Well, mainly because she intended to come back in 1992 with the Back To Basics album, which was a compilation of 13 oldies and these 4 news songs. She was supposed to tour with this, tickets were sold etc... as she hadn't toured since 1982, she thought she'd have to remind people of her old stuff (and, as she said it herself, she likes to perform her old hits in concert, as she thinks people expect her to)

The she found out about her breat cancer diagnosis so she cancelled the whole thing. Promos for Deeper than a River were sent out but nothing else happened.

Well, mainly because she intended to come back in 1992 with the Back To Basics album, which was a compilation of 13 oldies and these 4 news songs. She was supposed to tour with this, tickets were sold etc... as she hadn't toured since 1982, she thought she'd have to remind people of her old stuff (and, as she said it herself, she likes to perform her old hits in concert, as she thinks people expect her to)

The she found out about her breat cancer diagnosis so she cancelled the whole thing. Promos for Deeper than a River were sent out but nothing else happened.

Oh dear I had forgotten when she was first diagnosed. Back to the Basics is a wonderful compilation.

Sadly this year I believe she cut her tour short (I think she was still on tour) to be with her sister who was very ill. I looked her up and her sister had passed away in

May.