MadonnaNation.com Forums
Jazzy Jan

Loving Olivia Newton John, The real queen of Australian pop

Olivia has been back to performing, and this month, she has numerous "Liv On" dates with Amy Sky and Beth Nielsen Chapman.

My Olivia article trilogy, by the way, now appears on her official site, so that's pretty darn sweet. ::inlove:

Olivia wrapped up her 2017 shows this past weekend. With the year nearing its close, it's a good time to reflect on interviewing/meeting her, and seeing her live for the first time in my near-lifetime of fandom. It was "Magic"al. :inlove:

Here is the article trilogy I had posted after the experiences, for any fans who may, have missed it, or who simply would like to revisit, as well. :gent: The first is a lengthy piece on her impact/influence; the second is a sidebar on her transformation after "Grease," the movie and other soundtrack success; and the third is the concert review. Enjoy.

Olivia Newton-John to 'Liv On,' showcase iconic career in Easton

Newton-John pulled 'a Sandy' after 'Grease,' reigned as soundtracks queen

With 'Grace and Gratitude,' Olivia Newton-John wows Easton

20 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Olivia wrapped up her 2017 shows this past weekend. With the year nearing its close, it's a good time to reflect on interviewing/meeting her, and seeing her live for the first time in my near-lifetime of fandom. It was "Magic"al. :inlove:

Here is the article trilogy I had posted after the experiences, for any fans who may, have missed it, or who simply would like to revisit, as well. :gent: The first is a lengthy piece on her impact/influence; the second is a sidebar on her transformation after "Grease," the movie and other soundtrack success; and the third is the concert review. Enjoy.

Olivia Newton-John to 'Liv On,' showcase iconic career in Easton

Newton-John pulled 'a Sandy' after 'Grease,' reigned as soundtracks queen

With 'Grace and Gratitude,' Olivia Newton-John wows Easton

HolidayGuy,  I love your articles and passion for Olivia. :clap: A beautiful singer, person and performer. 

"Grease"  is the word tonight in the USA at 8 and 10:30 p.m. EST on VH1. And if you don't live in the USA, pop in the DVD/Blu-Ray and head back to the '50s with Sandy and Danny for this classic musical. Plus- read how Olivia pulled 'a Sandy" after "Grease," via the article posted a little higher up.   :gent:

On 12/21/2017 at 4:57 PM, HolidayGuy said:

"Grease"  is the word tonight in the USA at 8 and 10:30 p.m. EST on VH1. And if you don't live in the USA, pop in the DVD/Blu-Ray and head back to the '50s with Sandy and Danny for this classic musical. Plus- read how Olivia pulled 'a Sandy" after "Grease," via the article posted a little higher up.   :gent:

Damn, I missed it!!  I found out yesterday that (a good childhood friend from my younger days).....his sister passed away.  She was about 5 years older than we were.  But one of my fondest memories from elementary school was she (and my future brother in law) doing a  "Sandy/Danny" dance routine from Grease.  I had a major crush on her, because she actually looked somewhat like Sandy/Olivia.

Thanks @HolidayGuy for the constant updates and great articles about ONJ!!!

^Sorry to hear about that. Part of her lives on in "Sandy," though, no doubt. And, no problem and thanks.

Grease turns 40 this year, so no doubt you'll have plenty of opportunities to catch it, either on TV or video. :gent: