MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

So if Amazon manufactures the CD-R for the U.S., I wonder if that will make the album eligible for the Top 200 (as in the digital copies will count now)?

Apparently a representative at amazon UK has said the Bluray is Region A only but on Sainsburys you can buy it for Region B if anyone is interested.

Hmm. Strange. I mean, mine's not like it's a CD-R on which someone's written "WE" in Sharpie ... but I'm skeptical that it wasn't made-to-order.

I know this is way off-topic, but I don't know where else to do this -- not gonna start a separate thread about it -- but here are some quick photos I snapped of my copy of W.E. As you can see from the last shot, it states on the back that it was manufactured by Amazon. (As I said above, though, the disc claims otherwise...) Check out the odd typography on "ALLIS" and "DWARD" in the disc inlay, too...

DSC06810.jpg

DSC06811.jpg

DSC06812.jpg

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06815.jpg

Hmm. Strange. I mean, mine's not like it's a CD-R on which someone's written "WE" in Sharpie ... but I'm skeptical that it wasn't made-to-order.

I know this is way off-topic, but I don't know where else to do this -- not gonna start a separate thread about it -- but here are some quick photos I snapped of my copy of W.E. As you can see from the last shot, it states on the back that it was manufactured by Amazon. (As I said above, though, the disc claims otherwise...) Check out the odd typography on "ALLIS" and "DWARD" in the disc inlay, too...

DSC06810.jpg

DSC06811.jpg

DSC06812.jpg

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06815.jpg

Mine is pretty much the same but it doesn't have Manufactured by Amazon on it. It's made in EU. I bought mine from Amazon UK.

Just one question for all those in Europe. all releases on Amazon for France, the U.K., Germany for the blu-ray still show a region A/1 encoding which means without a multi-region player you are fucked. Is it sure, there'll be no region B/2 release? I mean it's confusing. And it doesn't make any sense. Why the stress anyway. This is a worldwide release at the same time. They could easily produce it region free. This is not a blockbuser motion picture with different time frames for release and therefore different obligations for theatrical release, DVD/BR relase, rental, Pay-TV and finally free TV. Somehow this reminds me a bit of the Celebration DVD fiasco when the DVDs were produced solely in NTSC format and all of those with a TV and/or DVD player only able to show PAL couldn't see a thing. Hardly professional.

Yes I've been wondering about a European (Region B/2) Blu Ray release - it's very strange that Amazon-UK has it listed for pre-order (just £13.66 today) and doesn't describe it as an import - but are saying it's Region A/1

A lot of people don't realise that while most Blu Ray players can be multi-region for DVD discs, it's pretty rare that any can easily be multi-region for BD discs. Therefore a region A/1 disc over in Europe is of little use to many people (including myself)

The good news though is that I have found one place so far listing the region B/2 disc for sale - Sainsbury's.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/Madonna/MDNA-World-Tour-PlusBonus-Feature/product.html?product=E11278985

So it's definitely gonna be released - and I'd say either the other retailers (including Amazon) just have the wrong info right now OR (more likely IMO) the discs worldwide will actually be Region Free as per the S&S Blu Ray.

I've ordered from Amazon in hope of this! :-)

Guest gang bang

"The MDNA World Tour" (2 Cd edition) available for pre-order now in the USA:
http://www.amazon.com/MDNA-World-Tour-M ... +MDNA+tour

The mp3:
http://www.amazon.com/Mdna-World-Tour-E ... ef=mb_oe_o

Tracklist ;
Disc 1.-
1. Virgin Mary (Intro) (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 5:46
2. Girl Gone Wild (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:57
3. Revolver (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:52
4. Gang Bang (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) [Explicit] 5:54
5. Papa Don't Preach (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 1:50
6. Hung Up (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:47
7. I Don't Give A (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 5:27
8. Best Friend (Video Interlude) (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:19
9. Express Yourself (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:06
10. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:11
11. Turn Up The Radio (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:58
12. Open Your Heart (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 8:51
13. Masterpiece (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:32
Disc 2.-
1. Justify My Love (Video Interlude) (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:34
2. Vogue (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:08
3. Erotic Candy Shop (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:40
4. Human Nature (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:08
5. Like A Virgin Waltz (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 5:15
6. Love Spent (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:47
7. Nobody Knows Me (Video Interlude) (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 3:36
8. I'M Addicted (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 4:42
9. I'M A Sinner (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 6:45
10. Like A Prayer (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 6:10
11. Celebration (Mdna World Tour / Live 2012) 7:24

DVD:
http://www.amazon.com/Madonna-The-MDNA- ... +MDNA+tour

Blu-ray:
http://www.amazon.com/Madonna-The-MDNA- ... +MDNA+tour

That Amazon link is for the on-demand manufacturing- it's not an officially released CD. Can't imagine there would be lots of sales for such a thing, anyhow.

Do they take the digital (lossy) files on their server and burn them to the disc, or do they use a lossless master?

Amazon guarantees all their on-demand products are lossless quality, made from studio-given masters. I've yet to buy a CD from this service, but their on-demand DVDs are fine and in great quality... in any case, I'm importing them from the UK--we're talking MADONNA here, and I insist on proper PROPER product only...

Hmmm... 3 Danish online retailers - imusic.dk, wowhd.dk and laserdisken.dk - are also selling the region A/1 blu-ray, even though Denmark is in region B/2. :think:

My local electronics store has the 2CD and DVD+2CD versions up for pre-orders, but not the bluray or stand-alone DVD versions.

Well - Amazon UK today confirmed that the release of the Blu Ray is in fact REGION FREE.

So no more worrying.

Cancel that Sainsbury's order - it's still only £13.66 on Amazon (cheapest I can find anywhere)!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DQVSTCG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Well - Amazon UK today confirmed that the release of the Blu Ray is in fact REGION FREE.

So no more worrying.

Cancel that Sainsbury's order - it's still only £13.66 on Amazon (cheapest I can find anywhere)!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DQVSTCG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Already done, and thanks. £13.66 is a good price.