MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

I like the cover, I just wish that they had cropped it even further and had it split down the centre of her nose/ mouth- got rid of the left side by a third.

Not sure if it happens in other countries, but in Australia that stuiped parental sticker is unable to be peeled off. It is printed onto the cover ( well on all CDs and DVDs) which irritates me and looks shit. Wish they had put the title in the bottom right corner instead, spoils it being in the middle.

Reminds me of a Sophie Ellis bexter photo I have seen somewhere???

dylanminogue.tumblr.com has pointed out that as much as it does look like the Rain single, it also looks a lot like this photograph

tumblr_mr8hedOCf01qertvyo2_500.jpg

I did a rough cut at mirroring the one side of her face to remove the hair

fxhp.png

But the hair makeup and eyelid is different.

So it must be an unseen image.

I get that it's a bit of a stretch, but certain elements of the cover image remind me of this.

f6682a01e0ccd7177c24f82402f4909c.jpg

Which is a pretty cool reference to make, not matter how loose. :wow:

I agree.

Its just the rain shot cropped, no?

ehvp.png

It's not the exact shot. lips are different, eyelid, eye makeup....

It's def a photo from the past year or 2.

My bet is Bianco pulled another "Sorry" and used a non-photoshoot photo. It could be a red carpet photo or even a live photo.

It's not bad. Kind of like it.

Very minimalist. The yellow has a 'caution tape - crime scene' kind of feel. Her expression kind of stares right into you...a bit cold, foreboding.

Considering the art direction of the tour book, tour promo, and album...it's definitely not what I was expecting. Still...much better than a backdrop screenshot.

Guest Xanthium

The cover is utterly random. I don't like it. There were so many shots from the tour that were iconic and brilliant. Why go for not only an unknown pic but one where it looks like someone went crazy with the zoom? I don't like the yellow block or the font either. Can we have some artistic cohesion here THANK YOU VERY MUCH. This is not how you honor the most successful tour of 2012.

The cover is utterly random. I don't like it. There were so many shots from the tour that were iconic and brilliant. Why go for not only an unknown pic but one where it looks like someone went crazy with the zoom? I don't like the yellow block or the font either. Can we have some artistic cohesion here THANK YOU VERY MUCH. This is not how you honor the most successful tour of 2012.

I agree with you, Xanthie. However, this tour has taken so long to be released that I can't be bothered to get upset. After the S&S DVD cover debacle, I just assume all her concert DVD covers will be lazy (and of course, she proved me right again).

She's an artist. The tour is a year old. She started working on the album 2 years ago. She's allowed to change her mind and opinion, especially over that long of a period. Just listen to her talk about the Redemption/I'm Addicted tour outfit during the premiere Q&A.

Guest Not4Pussies

giovani credits madonna for the photo (photo by madonna) on instagram and he credits himself for the design

so this photo that has been used its either from the actual tour or a photo of madonna that she took herself, a selfie!

it kind of reminded me of the pics she posted on instagram teasing us about the bazaar/richardson shoot

Guest Xanthium

I'm not going to give her a pass on this one. She's an artist 24/7. There's no need to be lazy. This is her art, her work. It should matter to her. It's not that hard to pick a fierce shot from the tour and make it the cover. And just because the tour is a year old doesn't mean she's allowed a pass either. She's a strong visual artist and I expect more from her.