MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

Guest Rachelle of London

Quite honestly I think they should keep this whole debacle as hush hush as possible.

Do chart positions count when stuff is returned en-masse to stores? :chuckle:

hahahaha true!!!!

Well i've skimmed through and glad to say my UK Blu looks fine, Yes there's a certain level of grain that comes and goes but nothing at all like the above pictures. The colour's a little less bold and saturated than the Japanese version that i'm used to but oh well. Love the 5:1 mix, the 2.0 stereo mix is crap and the same as the CD audio.

Oh and my copy came from amazon uk.

Guest Rachelle of London

Well i've skimmed through and glad to say my UK Blu looks fine, Yes there's a certain level of grain that comes and goes but nothing at all like the above pictures. The colour's a little less bold and saturated than the Japanese version that i'm used to but oh well. Love the 5:1 mix, the 2.0 stereo mix is crap and the same as the CD audio.

Oh and my copy came from amazon uk.

yaaaay!

I'm really upset, I paid to have same day delivery and my copy hasnt arrived! Like WTF, I rang amazon and said I'd even pick it up form them, they're only in Peterborough! but its already been dispatched

My copy came from Amazon UK and it's perfect. There's a certain level of grain but no different to a lot of films on Blu Ray played in 24p - it looks intentional. The 5:1 mix is awesome too. The photographs posted are definitely (and unfortunately) of defective discs.

yaaaay!

I'm really upset, I paid to have same day delivery and my copy hasnt arrived! Like WTF, I rang amazon and said I'd even pick it up form them, they're only in Peterborough! but its already been dispatched

Well I have prime membership and mine dispatched late yesterday. I think the later it was dispatched the better chance you'll have a non defective disk whereas from what I can see there seems to be problems with pre order disks that were sent out earlier..friday..ish

Guest Rachelle of London

aww enjoy guys! Wish I could watch it tonight!

I had a whole evening planned and everything...AH WELL! it better be here tomorrow

I can't make a theard so i post here

Nicki Minaj's “I Don't Give A” Backdrop For Madonna's “MDNA”:

Bitch couldn't upload the whole video? Cunt.

I just bought the DVD at a local store here in Dallas, and everything is 100% fine. I played through my blu ray home theatre system, all DTS channels we're functioning and there were no video problems. The audio was much fuller than I've heard from anything yet, however I think most of the issues are from the audio mix itself.

I'm Addicted is still just a weird mix thats a bit off, like they mashed the album instrumental mix w/ the live mix and it wasn't in sync. I noticed that from the EPIX broadcast, so its intentional.

I wasn't surprised AT ALL, when i read that Demo Castellon was the sound designer along with Kevin Antunes for the Miami shows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the show, but the sound mix is just odd. Its like they took different elements and placed them at different levels throughout the mix (particularly the audience, which is sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right especially when using headphones). If that makes any sense. I use garage band for messing around with mixes and such, and you can move sounds to the right or left, high or low in the mix. its like they took stock sounds of audience noise and moved to the back of the mix to make it sound more live.

As for the CD, I'll have to judge it when I get the 2cd and compare. If its indeed just a rip of the dvd, then its not worth the purchase, IMO

S&S, CT, and IGTTYAS all had proper live recordings (tweaked or not) that were specifically mixed for CD audio.

I have the CD, it's just a direct rip from the DVD, it even includes the sound of her running to the car from the credits at the end of Celebration. POINTLESS.

In the UK I went into HMV, the double CD, deluxe DVD+CD and DVD all present, but no Blu-ray!!!! Luckily, I bought mine through Amazon, CD was put in the post on Saturday but no news of a delivery of the Blu-ray, I wonder what is happening????? Sounds like that version has been delayed due to the faults :(

Also the artwork online is wrong for the formats, in the UK the "yellow box" logo is only used on the Blu-ray and CD. The deluxe DVD+CD and DVD (which is advertised with the yellow box) have the large "M" logo with "MDNA" in the left corner. Must say the artwork is very disappointing in real life, very bootleg quality. It might have been a good idea to put Madonna's name on a sticker for all the formats as its only on the spine. Non-fans will have no clue who this is by. Another fuck-up. This release is going to bomb due to all this fucking mess!!!

Where in the UK are you? I'm in Liverpool and nowhere here has the Blu Ray either...

I have the CD, it's just a direct rip from the DVD, it even includes the sound of her running to the car from the credits at the end of Celebration. POINTLESS.

omg lol :| but as a true stan I will buy it anyways

I'm pretty dissapointed about this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETT0rrY9GoY&feature=youtu.be

I mean, what a simple DVD. S&S and CT are masterpieces compared to... that...

I don't know.... I thought the CT and S&S packaging wasn't very good either. They're all rather plain to me, and not what they really could be.

Plus, some use those paper box sleves instead of actual jewel cases...and I don't care for that. They get worn too quickly.

The US is supposed to get a proper itunes release.

That's why we're only getting digital...and not a cd stand-alone, or DVD/2CD combo in the US.

But WTF? Wouldn't it be on iTunes already as a pre-order?

I don't remember a fiasco. They just changed the track listing somewhere between the Superbowl and the release of the album and we actually received it on Monday night around 11ish instead of Tuesday in the US.