MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

He mixed the JT/Timbaland tracks on HC and all of MDNA as well as Revolver on Celebration. Spike Stent mixed the Neptunes/Pharrell tracks. For example, listen to She's Not Me then Voices at the same volume and you can clearly tell a difference in the mix. William Orbit had a few things to say about his frustrating working method too.

From what my ears tell me, he flattens out every song he work on. The layers sound stacked instead of dynamic. He takes fullness and any roundness out of a song, especially on headphones. Voices is pretty much unlistenable for me, and I love that song.

He also co-produced "Gang Bang", "I'm Addicted", "Best Friend"; the Rebirth remixes of "4 Minutes", "Miles Away" and "Girl Gone Wild"; and the Demolition Crew remix of "Give Me All Your Luvin'".

For some reason, there must be something about his mixing and production style that Madonna likes. Otherwise, she wouldn't have kept him for MDNA.

William Orbit on the MDNA recording sessions:

"We were very pushed for time, due to a rather interesting and shall we just say, traditional method of recording that the esteemed engineer Demo was partial to. Great swathes of it taken up by the engineer and his assistant bouncing reverb tracks for hour after hour, night after night. Not to real tape or anything, where you could posit that there would be an advantageous sonic dividend."

William Orbit on the MDNA recording sessions:

"We were very pushed for time, due to a rather interesting and shall we just say, traditional method of recording that the esteemed engineer Demo was partial to. Great swathes of it taken up by the engineer and his assistant bouncing reverb tracks for hour after hour, night after night. Not to real tape or anything, where you could posit that there would be an advantageous sonic dividend."

So basically he fucks around and wastes time.

So basically he fucks around and wastes time.

:yes:

Orbit basically says that the songs he did sounded much better before they got the Demo-treatment.

I believe that Demo also mixed the CD/DVD/Bluray audio. As far as I recall, he also mixed the S&S audio.

Anyway, I'm getting my copy of the MDNA World Tour bluray in 15 minutes - if my record store has finally received it, that is. :nervous:

:tigger:

Most record stores in my city haven't received any formats of the release yet, though they usually get new releases on Thursdays. They might receive it later today.

One store has the 2CD album, but neither the DVD nor the Bluray.

:nervous:

Worse would be an understatement! Again, it has nothing to do with intentional graining used for artistic/style reasons. It's about a massive production fuck up! If your copy is fine then I'm happy for you. I know how the blu-ray is supposed to look because I have the file that you posted. Believe me, the quality of the Blu-ray that I have is nowhere near it! No diva attitude needed to see it.

that's why i'll wait for fixed dvd.

Most record stores in my city haven't received any formats of the release yet, though they usually get new releases on Thursdays. They might receive it later today.

One store has the 2CD album, but neither the DVD nor the Bluray.

:nervous:

In my city they only have cd but no dvd yet

I watched the Blu-ray on Saturday night and it was amazing. There was so much detail in this show. Saw it twice live, but really got the story and emotion she put into it watching the BR.

I am blown away by IDGA. Really got what she was saying there. Almost cried during Love Spent. Her emotion and stage presence during this tour was perfection. So glad I got to experience this era.

I was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident during the MDNA era, and the tour really helped me get through my recovery. So glad I can experience it at least in a sense over and over again with this beautiful recording.

Thanks, Madonna!

Won't see the UK Blu till later today but comparing the torrent of the US Blu to the Japanese broadcast, the Blu has a brighter/slightly less saturated picture. Looking at only the HD shot Miami footage (not the intentionally crap looking stuff) there's definitely a level of grain in there that's a lot more noticeable on the US version especially in darker scenes because of the brighter picture. It's NOT natural film grain but I suppose could be yet another added effect to make it look more film-like. It's very artificial snowy like, but it's only very slight and will look worse the brighter ur TV set is but definitely not like those awful screencaps. It wouldn't be considered a fault. I prefer the darker look of the Japanese version but oh well. Sound is fine, better than those CD rips, a lot more instrumentation in the mix.

Which isn't to say there isn't a fault with some Euro pressings.

In the UK I went into HMV, the double CD, deluxe DVD+CD and DVD all present, but no Blu-ray!!!! Luckily, I bought mine through Amazon, CD was put in the post on Saturday but no news of a delivery of the Blu-ray, I wonder what is happening????? Sounds like that version has been delayed due to the faults :(

Also the artwork online is wrong for the formats, in the UK the "yellow box" logo is only used on the Blu-ray and CD. The deluxe DVD+CD and DVD (which is advertised with the yellow box) have the large "M" logo with "MDNA" in the left corner. Must say the artwork is very disappointing in real life, very bootleg quality. It might have been a good idea to put Madonna's name on a sticker for all the formats as its only on the spine. Non-fans will have no clue who this is by. Another fuck-up. This release is going to bomb due to all this fucking mess!!!

Edited by JWAD

Guest Xanthium

Does anybody know if Best Buy will be carrying this in-store??

I checked both Best Buy and Target weekly ads yesterday and there was no advertisement for it. You can check the stock of a store online for both Best Buy and Target. I'm going to do that tomorrow morning. If it's in stock and you go and you can't find it, ask an employee. It's just in the back and they haven't put it out yet. Happens to me all the time. I make them do their job :queenbitch:

Bought two blu-rays, Amazon and at a local store. Bouth didn't work neither on blu-ray player nor on Vaio .. went both back today... My hopes are up for the DVD/CD combo which should be here since saturday but hasn't arrived yet ...;(

seems to be okay in the states....and how da fuck do all ya'll get it a day or so early from these stores!??!?! (i get some of u order from europe)

but the ones who get it from the stores early - do u suck cock!?!? or whats ur secret?

My Blu ray arrived from Amazon UK today and it seems perfectly fine to me. No snow blizzards on mine

I never watched the epix broadcast wanted to wait, the quality seems to be very good so far.

I'm gonna have to wait a few more days for my MDNA Bluray fix.

I went to all 3 record stores in my city + my local branch of Fona, the biggest Danish chain of electronics stores.

Fona will be carrying the 2CD and DVD+2CD formats, but have only received the former.

Record store 1 will only be carrying the DVD+2CD format, but haven't received it yet.

Record store 2 won't be carrying any format at all.

Record store 3 didn't initially plan to carry any formats in-store because they consideredit too much of a niche release to sell in any wide scale. But several people have asked for it today, so they'll order a batch anyway and set a copy aside for me.

should have told record store numba 3 to fuckin RECOGNIZE!

Apparently, they sold less than 10 copies of MDNA. In total. :huh:

Guest pedrohdi

I've downloaded the Blu-Ray torrent and the image is shit compared to the Japanese broadcast. But the Blu-Ray that it was playing in the biggest chain store here FNAC, from where my Blu-Ray is coming, was superb!!! Just hope my Blu-Ray looks the same!

In the UK I went into HMV, the double CD, deluxe DVD+CD and DVD all present, but no Blu-ray!!!! Luckily, I bought mine through Amazon, CD was put in the post on Saturday but no news of a delivery of the Blu-ray, I wonder what is happening????? Sounds like that version has been delayed due to the faults :(

Also the artwork online is wrong for the formats, in the UK the "yellow box" logo is only used on the Blu-ray and CD. The deluxe DVD+CD and DVD (which is advertised with the yellow box) have the large "M" logo with "MDNA" in the left corner. Must say the artwork is very disappointing in real life, very bootleg quality. It might have been a good idea to put Madonna's name on a sticker for all the formats as its only on the spine. Non-fans will have no clue who this is by. Another fuck-up. This release is going to bomb due to all this fucking mess!!!

Some HMVs only had like 5 or so copies of the Blu, not expecting a demand. Which is completely ridiculous for a Madonna release and makes me wonder once again what's happening to her career in this country. So, they probably had it but sold out.

Guest Rachelle of London

People are complaining on the Madonna FB that their HMV has sold out. Gues they weren't expecting it to be so successful

Neil aka andifeel, one of the Tribe mods, posted this in the Tribe forum:

35id5on.jpg

He says that at least two different pressings of the Bluray are in circulation in the UK - the discs sold by Amazon UK are, in Neil's words, "majorly fucked".

Guest Rachelle of London

The album already no47 on itunes apparently. Why aren't there any adverts on the TV! They should advertise it being out

Why aren't there any adverts on the TV! They should advertise it being out

Quite honestly I think they should keep this whole debacle as hush hush as possible.

Do chart positions count when stuff is returned en-masse to stores? :chuckle: