MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

I like the cover of MDNA. It's a great contrast to the show itself, which is anything but simple. I wouldn't be surprised if the booklet has Guy O and the Steven Klein photography.

Just shows the difference between the generations ( I'm assuming you are a young'en :) and part of a throw away society. I actually feel sorry for you guys never really knowing the rush one gets when they come home with a record or cd or even with us oldies, cassettes ( look it up:) ripping the packaging off and putting it in the player and pressing pla.

You know what they say when you "assume"......

I am not a "young'en" or part of any "throw away society." I don't need to "look up" anything...I grew up buying all the music I loved on cassette, cd, box sets, etc, collecting all my favorites...but more so starting with vinyl that me and my father use to go and get at the smelly, dusty old music store...waiting in lines... feeling the anticipation... and peeling back the wrapper as I sat in the car salivating over what was inside...the smell of a fresh album...the artwork on the sleeves...knowing how to use a record player all by myself at barely a few years old. I may have been very young then but I LIVED during that era...and I LIVED for it. I miss those days.

I just also happen to be someone that enjoys technology and moving forward, and embraces digital as well.

Yes, it's nice to have both digital and physical formats, but I still stand by my original statement. If digital is all that was available, and I still want to support the artist (particularly if it's one of my favorites), it takes now no more than a few minutes (not even) to click a button and buy an album. "One less sale" simply because it's 'digital only' reeks of a whiny kid having a tantrum.

Is that the same Keith Caulfield that was a Madonna loon that used to post on that Madonna mailing list?

Sorry to be so behind on answering this, but ... yes, that's the same gentleman, as Carta pointed out... and he is probably correct -- she mentioned September either backstage at the Billboard Music Awards or in an "Extra!" interview around the same time. I couldn't recall which, but she definitely said it was coming out in September.

Agreed. Love him.

Yes -- I join the mini-Caulfield fan club!

Ahh, OK- I did not see that one. :biggrin: If that his first time speaking to her, he must have been quite NERVOUS.

If I recall correctly, when he was a student journalist (editor of his college newspaper or something), he got to interview her during a press junket for the Evita promo. But I could be mistaken.

If I recall correctly, when he was a student journalist (editor of his college newspaper or something), he got to interview her during a press junket for the Evita promo. But I could be mistaken.

Yes, you're right there - Keith was at the press junket and was beside himself with excitement :)

I don't now if it was already mentioned here, but here it comes:

The 2CD live album is now up for pre-orders on Amazon.de, with a 6 September release date: http://www.amazon.de/Mdna-Tour-CD-Live-Album/dp/B00E3D7WGU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1376041889&sr=8-5&keywords=mdna+tour

No other formats are available at amazon.de at the moment.

imusic.dk has it up for pre-orders in the following formats, with a 9 September release date.

- DVD

- 2CD

- DVD + 2CD

- Bluray

Why didn't anyone bitch about the font change for the GST release? :laugh:

There was no internet around that time to discuss. But yes, that cover is boring too! :/ A picture from the erotica performance would have been stellar!!!

well i'll assume the LIVE CD will count towards album charts, even if packaged with the dvd/blu-ray, cuz sticky & sweet tour was like that. and its not that hard to score a top ten now a days.

Ok. I'm confused now. The CD is being released everywhere except the US? That can't be right. If that's true, then I'm gonna import it. I don't buy digital.

I just ordered it from amazon France. It seems strange that interscope and live nation are opting for a digital only release in the US and other markets. I don't mind buying an import, but it's a lot more to ship and get it in a timely manner. I do but digital, but I prefer to not go through iTunes unless there's an exclusive bonus or something extra.

Apparently, everyone's too busy on the Gaga thread to talk about the "biggest pre-sales in history for any DVD MDNA" rumor I've been reading around...any truth to this?

I don't think so. It's so easy to say "facts" on twitter nowadays..