Madonna's haircut is tired, its time for a change - what do you guys think?

mnation09

All these years with the same haircut..

I remember around Ray of Light time - I loved her with the long hair so much and wished she would keep it like that forever, but it's been a long time now and I need a change.. she should take my feelings into account

How long has it been since Madonna made headlines for having a new haircut? and the Jump video wig doesn't count..

Her hair annoys me in this pic

q9qc.jpg

I would love to see her hair again with hair like in the Express Yourself video or Celebration video

o71f.jpg

or this

eqnz.jpg

Instead of doing the whole make your long hair to look short thing.. she could just cut it and look like this all the time

og7e.jpg

Thoughts?

I'd love a strawberry bob. Lighter than the "Fever" look, but something different than her regular blond, shoulder-length hair. I actually liked the pixie cut from TGS as well.

I definitely agree she should change her hairstyle. I'd love it if she would go with black hair again, and in contrary to what some say, it doesn't make her look older than blonde hair at all, she looked fantastic at the MET Gala and the Purim Party this year. I'd be okay as well if she keeps the blonde hair and tries a slightly different haircut, like the blow-dry for Confessions or straight hair for a change. The curly hair is getting boring for sure.

The thing about hair these days is nobody does it like M used to - cut it, dye it, bleach it, grow it out - all the other Rihanna's, Beyoncé's, Lady GaGa's etc have short or bob hair styles and just add wigs or extensions - M is one of the few who actually still grows her hair and only uses wigs or hair pieces for events or photo shoots etc I think in her personal life she can have whatever same old style she wants and can wig it if she wants short orr different colours to give her own hair a break

Guest Not4Pussies

I liked the WIFLFAG hair and the AL album shoot hair. She does need a new hair style but I doubt she would go.drastic ever again. She uses wigs now.

Guest bluejean

She does still change her hair all the time. But you're saying you want her to style her hair like the 90's? I think all those styles you posted wouldn't look as flattering on her now because she's older. I also think cutting her hair short would be more limiting. She can keep it long and put her hair up when she wants a "short" look.

She does still change her hair all the time. But you're saying you want her to style her hair like the 90's? I think all those styles you posted wouldn't look as flattering on her now because she's older. I also think cutting her hair short would be more limiting. She can keep it long and put her hair up when she wants a "short" look.

I agree. I don't see what would be the point in cutting her hair shorter and it's not like she could do many things with it. She would most likely look like shit with it when she's not made up and just out and about.

I say she should just grow her hair long like in the GGW video or GMAYL, straighten it and have it styled like that all the time, it's an awesome look for her.

Guest bluejean

Well imo she looks older during the section of the MDNA where her hair is up. There's nothing wrong with looking older imo but I imagine she wouldn't want that permanently.

Imagine her with the Girlie Show hair now :lol: That would not be flattering

Madonna actually has the perfect head size and structured face ( big eyes, high cheek bones, defiant lips) to go bald. I say cut it all off like Jewish ladies/ Sinead and just wear a wig when the time calls.

Guest bluejean

Madonna actually has the perfect head size and structured face ( big eyes, high cheek bones, defiant lips) to go bald. I say cut it all off like Jewish ladies/ Sinead and just wear a wig when the time calls.

Well THAT would certainly make the news but she'd look revolting for months

I wouldn't mind seeing her in another old-Hollywood look, similar to the IB/Vogue era, but this time with a more stylized modern look...and with inspiration from some eras/ladies she hasn't touched yet (though she has done a lot). Still, so many options. Similar to what she did with the Bettie Paige look for the MET Gala and Purim Party (and not necessarily dark...though I wouldn't mind).

BRUNETTE MADONNA deserves a come back! She looks much younger with her natural hair colour! I'm so tired of the blonde hair tbh.

I absolutely agree :) it fits her so well

It's not the hairstyle that really bothers me, it's the colour. Has she gone back to brunette since American Life? The reaction to that album changed so much it seems.

The only hair colour that makes you look older is grey. Just like when your 25, at 54 your hair colour looks best when it is closest to your natural colour. The way she wore it during Ray of Light.

If she wants to stay blonde why not do a dark honey blonde or Strawberry blonde or just a medium ash blonde. Madonna has a cool skin tone, Pale blues, navy, ( I thought what she wore on Graham Norton looked fabulous on her) soft pinks, greys.

It really doesn't bother me how she wears her hair but I have thought about it. It's her hair.

. Black hair would harshen her features. If she wants to make a color change I say she should go with red. I think she would look fantastic with those kind of hair lenghts and styles bellow

Anything from this

red-hair-trend-pics-getty-rex-image-1-59

...to this

red-hair-22.jpg

or this
red_hair_beauty_1.jpg

Hmmm....red might make her look like Sarah 'Duchess of Pork' Ferguson these days. She obviously likes having long hair for the youthfulness it gives her. It would be great if she mixed it up even more but I don't think she does too badly really.

She wouldn't have to go dark to please me, just cut like 20 inches off the length and go a little bit blonder... It would be so cool to see her rock the Blond Ambition hairstyle now.. it would look so cool and show how good she still looks

I'm so ready for a change, she should get a new stylist..

4rfn.jpg

The wig was severe in cut and colour. I'm sure she could work the Craig Mcdean photoshoot hair. My favourite hair style is a high pony. All of the hair off the face like Estelle in the Too Funky video. I can't find a picture.

Her hair is more mature now, it won't take the abuse as it once did. Even M herself once said that she is surprised that her hair didn't fall out given all the things she put it through. I believe the only bad thing that happened was when it broke off in chunks after the "Pippy Longstocking" red look in 1993, causing her no choice but the short do for The Girlie Show.

I like her hair the way it is. These days EVERYONE is changing their hair style/color. It's not really unique anymore. I like Madonna's hair as it is. :)

That is true! Part of the reason it was so cool for her to change her hair all the time back in the day was because nobody else was doing it. She was one of the few who made drastic changes to her hair on a frequent basis. It seems like the further away we get from those days, the more people forget just how unique she really was. Celebs doing a complete image overhaul overnight don't quite cause the fuss that Madonna's image/hair changes used to cause back in the day, just as women being very forward with their sexuality just induces a "so what" from most people today......unless your 50+ of course ;-) then your an old, nasty slut who is past her prime that needs to hang it up....lol. Of course once the Rihanna's, Gagas and Beyonces of the world hit that age, they will be able to have to their bare titties flowing in the wind happily and not deal with the shit Madonna deals with now.

Anyways.....went a little off topic there :) but yeah, I reckon she doesn't do as many hair changes because her hair just isn't the same texture and thickness as it used to be. I wouldn't mind seeing her do something different but not if it's gonna damage her hair for good. Although it wasn't DRASTICALLY different, I actually felt the MDNA hair (which we really first got a glimpse of in '10 with the Interview photo spread) was refreshing. I LOVE the poof....I know she can't keep it forever but it is one of my favorite hairstyles she's had.