Madonna's haircut is tired, its time for a change - what do you guys think?

mnation09

That is true! Part of the reason it was so cool for her to change her hair all the time back in the day was because nobody else was doing it. She was one of the few who made drastic changes to her hair on a frequent basis. It seems like the further away we get from those days, the more people forget just how unique she really was

I totally agree, in fact, back in the day they tried to keep the image untoched, it was a trademark, and although now we are used to see everybody doing it, it was a really bold move

Her hair is more mature now, it won't take the abuse as it once did. Even M herself once said that she is surprised that her hair didn't fall out given all the things she put it through. I believe the only bad thing that happened was when it broke off in chunks after the "Pippy Longstocking" red look in 1993, causing her no choice but the short do for The Girlie Show.

almodovar said that back in the BAT era, her hair was a mess

I totally agree, in fact, back in the day they tried to keep the image untoched, it was a trademark, and although now we are used to see everybody doing it, it was a really bold move

Yes it was! That very first image makeover especially. She really could've rode that wave of the "Virgin" era look (and sound really). The girls were still rocking the "Virgin" look for a while even AFTER Madonna changed her image to the Shanghai/TB image. Consider the fact that there was only about a 6 month gap in between Dress You Up peaking on the charts to the release of Live To Tell. Think about the DRASTIC difference of her images in those two videos. It really was like a completely different person almost. Celebs simply didn't do that back then, especially with something as marketable as Madonna's "Virgin" image had become. That look really did change womens fashion for the second half of the 80's. She could've easily fallen into that rut as someone like Cyndi Lauper did with her image back then. She was kind of afraid to go too far away from that "weird and quirky" image she had going on. Sure she may have changed her hair color and style a little bit, but the overall vibe was the same. I LOVE Cyndi but truly, the True Colors era is basically a reductive "try too hard" version of the She's So Unusual era.

Come on, Bald! Madonna--6010.jpg

Georgeous ( and you have taken twenty years off of her:) I just would have actually even gone shorter, complete chrome dome!