“The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells” Madonna's new film project?

XXL

that sounds great i think...i watched all her movies that she made and you can easily see the progress and not little but hugone. WE is not really my cup of tea but it was nice work..mybe scenario was a bit lame, but photography and angles were stunning. also costumes.

anyhow...i m sure that for movie she ll need a lot of time, so i guess we are going to get another album before movie and no global tour but just some sort of promo concerts. then she ll take a time to do a movie if she wants and then another album with tour in same time. i think that could be a great job, couse now we had massive tours each two years so maybe she need a pause to break the her own selling records.

Guest bluejean

Is it possible this movie wouldn't take as long as the last one?

I just want to see Madonna in concert while I'm in the UK/Europe or the US over the next 2 years. I cannot picture her coming to Australia despite endless promises.

I suppose if I'm back here by the time she tours again I could just fly back and see her. But it's pretty crazy to spend thousands just on a concert.

Is it possible this movie wouldn't take as long as the last one?

I just want to see Madonna in concert while I'm in the UK/Europe or the US over the next 2 years. I cannot picture her coming to Australia despite endless promises.

I suppose if I'm back here by the time she tours again I could just fly back and see her. But it's pretty crazy to spend thousands just on a concert.

I think there are other people who are interested in the book too. Plus once the author has made a decision, we then have to wait for a script to be made, then there's financing that has to be sorted out, producers, distribution, blah blah....

There's going to be a long stretch of time from now till the first day of filming.

I think there are other people who are interested in the book too. Plus once the author has made a decision, we then have to wait for a script to be made, then there's financing that has to be sorted out, producers, distribution, blah blah....

There's going to be a long stretch of time from now till the first day of filming.

Well maybe if the whole thing surfaced is because it might all have been planned out already

Unless we see a very SP approach to this

I don't mind her doing more film work as long as it doesn't take her another 4 years to complete a movie

I would love a record by the end of next year followed by another massive touring extravaganza

Actually, Madonna's Pulitzer prize writing skills of late would be perfect for a movie about time travel............ Tick toc, tick toc in my fuzzy dream. You could not ask for a better script!

Actually, Madonna's Pulitzer prize writing skills of late would be perfect for a movie about time travel............ Tick toc, tick toc in my fuzzy dream. You could not ask for a better script!

You always make me laugh out loud despite totally disagreeing with your comments. I don't know what it is exactly about them that makes me laugh so much but the 'defend' monologue in particular was a classic. :lmao:

I think the story sounds very interesting and I would have no problem with M directing another movie. I haven't seen Filth & Wisdom but I did seen W.E. in the cinema and, while it was far from perfect, I enjoyed it. But like some people already said, I really really REALLY hope she doesn't write the screenplay...

*looks for more info about the book*

She is very capable of filming and then doing another great album. She could have filmed WE and then make a great album, if she didn't have rushed it all FOR THE TOUR.

So, people shouldn't complain on films, but on the rushing to go on tour.

As it is the case with 99% of the movies out there...

The story sounds very interesting, but it could turn out a bit heavy handed, what with the time traveling & all.

I really don't c why people should wanna sandwich her acting in movies with her directing. It's a different beast altogether,

& she has proven 2 b quite skilfull, WE was obviously a labor of love & light years away from a vanity project. It irks me

me when people consider it as such...it's a very preconceived attitude.

not at the point the film was..maybe i don't remember correctly right now, but they re-edited the movie after the premiere at Venice film festival....

madonna should do a musical first. lets face it her name and film seem to indicate failure. just because shes madonna. a wise step in my opinion would be to direct/act in musical first. people/critics would accept that more likely than her directing/acting in serious dramatic roles. maybe if she did a musical first and prove her skills she will be more likely to be more accepted as a director for non singing movies.

Guest bluejean

Some musical would be good. What about she doing Annie? That would be a good reinvention: she's never been red haired with tight curls.

:lmao:

She'd make a good Oliver or she could play the pick pocket guy "you've got to pick a pocket or two"

Guest Not4Pussies

Some musical would be good. What about she doing Annie? That would be a good reinvention: she's never been red haired with tight curls.

She would have been perfect as Ms Hannigan. Cameron Diaz is playing her in the adaptation.

She should direct and even star in a musical or silent film like The Artist. She does her best acting in music videos.

^ don't fret, she's immortal. Don't you people have a feeling that we will be old and our hips will be like broken and this woman will be doing sit ups and being all young?

:lol:

totally agree

I live for Madonna's words in song.

I was referring to her contribution to FULL songwriting, not just lyrics...song structure, melody, etc I too love her lyrics, she is a fine lyricists. I was just saying that she works best with a strong songwriter (structure, melody)...allowing her to focus more on the lyric side.

I really think we'll have another album before this movie, if it ever gets done. They still have to decide who buys the rights, write the script, find a director, cast the actors, find a studio... this could take years, and even then it's always not 100% it will be ever done.

The project sounds interesting though. I'm all for Madonna the Director. I'd also love if she expands her work to a stage play.

I wouldn't mind her doing another movie as long as it also includes some new music recorded by her. Why not combine the two things? People on here are always complaining about she only makes new music to do a tour. But doing a movie could give her an opportunity to do music not dictated by the demands of a tour. I looked this book up on amazon and it has a list of songs the writer was inspired by. So I think there could be a way to fit music into the movie as well.

anyways, she should act on Sunset Boulevard, that´s a role she can really play (nearly)better than anybody

Now that you mention it, I can totally picture it. :)

anyways, she should act on Sunset Boulevard, that´s a role she can really play (nearly)better than anybody

We all know she's saving this role for her oscar.

I support Madonna for whatever artistic/business decisions she makes in her career, but I question if she will ever gain any recognition from the critics and public for being a director. I think that she has the talent and ability to direct a good movie, but she most likely will might make another so so film. I feel that she continues to spread herself too thin with too many projects while raising four children as a single mother(I know she receives much help from the people she hires).

For my own personal reasons, I want Madonna to make another album, and tour again(but with not such a long tedious schedule). I miss the days when she was inspired and motivated enough to release singles and albums every two years.

Madonna creating outside of music is boring. She refuses to see the critical response to her acting and directing career as a sign that she should stick to what the people want. No not Madonna full speed ahead on something that'll fall flat for most and will be vigorously defended by a very vocal small army of Stan. Just give me new music bitch and make sure you're invested in making it: emotionally.