Secret Project

Camacho

Exactly. That's why it boggles my mind how anyone can say they'r both a fan of Madonna & that other pop star when if you're so used to someone so real, so intelligent, articulate, witty & smart, how can you appreciate (or should I say tolerate) repetitious, incoherent, incomprehensible and rambling pretentious nonesense.

Notice that some fans don't like to post in this thread and are not interested in the project at all/actually deride it. I think it goes over certain people's heads and coincidentally many of those people are fans of reduckface.

Notice that some fans don't like to post in this thread and are not interested in the project at all/actually deride it. I think it goes over certain people's heads and coincidentally many of those people are fans of reduckface.

I think it has more to do with fans being completely unaware and unable to comprehend as to what the project is. And some are still confused as to why there is no new music involved.

Guest Not4Pussies

i noticed that too.

i like all of her artistic endeavors. i am super excited for this. it includes all the things that i love. madonna, art and film.

and dont get me started on the way it is being released and the fact that VICE is involved.

:wow:

Astounding, thx for posting!

I just love how all she has to really do is logging on some website not everyone is even familiar with and answer a few fans' questions and she gets a Vanity Fair article about it. And 30 years on too.

While, by logic, other people, male or female and half her age who should be more successful and in their prime, cannot even let a day go by without posting some insignificant incoherent statement on their precious 100 different social sites to flog whatever flopping product they're desperate for people to buy and of course also to confuse and distract people from the fact that there is absolutely zero real content and even less substance and authenticity behind them

While the younger cadre of pop stars seem to be constantly sweating to get attention—tweeting incessantly about VEVO records and iTunes rankings, dressing up in all kinds of costumes, twerking as though their lives depend on it (in a certain way, maybe they do)—Madonna, the elder stateswoman of pop, is now in a place where she can just do whatever she wants. (Not that she ever wasn’t in that place, but she seems to be especially embracing it now.)

If she feels like sporting some grillz, some grillz she will sport. If she has the urge to release a film via BitTorrent to support freedom of expression, she’ll just go ahead and do it, partnering with Steven Klein no less. And if she wants to spend a weeknight answering a bunch of questions from rabid fans on the internet—sure, why not?

Exactly, XXL. Spot on.

I also liked:

No vagaries or platitudes, so prevalent these days among the pop star set, here; Madonna, refreshingly, responded with the caustic directness of your most blunt friend at Sunday brunch.

and

And in perhaps her most succinct message for the current crop of pop stars (and one they’d take well to heed), Madonna had this to say when asked why she thinks some people “have such a hard time wrapping their head” around her actions: “because i dont explain everything nor do i feel the need to.”

Ostensibly to generate some buzz for the aforementioned film—titled secretprojectrevolution (again, it’s Madonna; she does whatever she wants and somehow the output never seems uncool)—Madonna participated in a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) last night, in which she fielded a whole bunch of questions from fans in real time. (She hasn't completely become “one of us,” though; don't fret. When asked if she was typing the answers herself, she responded, “im vaccuming the housekeeper is typing.”)

That sardonic dryness pervaded the entire Q&A. No vagaries or platitudes, so prevalent these days among the pop star set, here; Madonna, refreshingly, responded with the caustic directness of your most blunt friend at Sunday brunch. When asked how to best “ease the pain” after the dissolution of a three-year relationship, and, as a follow-up, “which of your songs should I play repeatedly,” Madonna naughtily responded, “gang bang,” followed by “the song gang bang from my last record.”

LCD you beat me to it :D

Loving it all!!!

And the conclusion is EPIX :bow:

And in perhaps her most succinct message for the current crop of pop stars (and one they’d take well to heed), Madonna had this to say when asked why she thinks some people “have such a hard time wrapping their head” around her actions: “because I don't explain everything nor do I feel the need to.”

While younger pop stars are constantly sweating to get attention—tweeting incessantly about VEVO records and iTunes rankings, dressing up in all kinds of costumes, twerking as though their lives depend on it (in a certain way, maybe they do)—Madonna, the elder stateswoman of pop, is now in a place where she can just do whatever she wants

:chuckle:

Wonder if there's anyone in particular they're referring to right there :queenbitch:

i noticed that too.

i like all of her artistic endeavors. i am super excited for this. it includes all the things that i love. madonna, art and film.

and dont get me started on the way it is being released and the fact that VICE is involved.

YES! I feel like a lot of people who lump Madonna, Katy Perry and Britney Spears into the same category and who are fans of a magazine like VICE will get to see the side of Madonna that many of us love but few people outside her biggest fans have ever really seen.

YES! I feel like a lot of people who lump Madonna, Katy Perry and Britney Spears into the same category and who are fans of a magazine like VICE will get to see the side of Madonna that many of us love but few people outside her biggest fans have ever really seen.

This!

This Secret Project seems to be turning out be a marketable version of Yoko Ono's Love/Revolution/ONOCHORD thing.
I was at Yoko concert on Sunday and we were given tiny flashlights with which to signal "I love you." Anyway, I notice a connection and I hope it works....it would be amazing!

Yoko quote: "Everybody now is frightened, confused, and angry because of the world situation. It is a race between the people who are trying to destroy our world and the people who will cover the Earth with love."

http://vimeo.com/1968140

Edited by cruncher9123

Guest bluejean

I think it has more to do with fans being completely unaware and unable to comprehend as to what the project is. And some are still confused as to why there is no new music involved.

Yes. I think alot of people stopped reading this thread because it took so long and they decided it was nothing much to bother about. That will change once it hits I am sure.

I am so excited about this whole project. It really is an exciting thing. Madonna is inspiring. I guess some people don't get it but it really does sound like one of her greatest projects.

Guest bluejean

I think what we'll see are other stars submitting "freedom fighter" projects to the website, that could explain why various other celebrities were linked to the Secret Project. That will encourage even more unknown artists out there to get involved.

This Secret Project seems to be turning out be a marketable version of Yoko Ono's Love/Revolution/ONOCHORD thing.

I was at Yoko concert on Sunday and we were given tiny flashlights with which to signal "I love you." Anyway, I notice a connection and I hope it works....it would be amazing!

Yoko quote: "Everybody now is frightened, confused, and angry because of the world situation. It is a race between the people who are trying to destroy our world and the people who will cover the Earth with love."

http://vimeo.com/1968140

I was thinking that too - they should team up together! Yoko - is everything!