Guest Lum

What do you think of Truth or Dare? (Perfume)

77 posts in this topic

I love the original ToD. It has such a comforting, familiar smell. Definitely not a "young" fragrance but that's a good thing imo. Also, it has amazing staying power and is incredibly potent. I bought it for a female friend of mine (£12 for a huge bottle of EDP!) and she loved it (she's 32 & very cooool).

It's my favorite fragrance at the moment. It wasn't love on first try but it's perfect to me now. So glamorous and the best is that no one knows it and no one else wears it. 

Does anyone know; whats M's fave perfume? except for maybe tod sometimes.

35 minutes ago, david86 said:

Does anyone know; whats M's fave perfume? except for maybe tod sometimes.

Fracas which was also her mother's favourite perfume. 

I got a bottle of the original perfume- course, I haven't used it. I agree, Love Tech- I like it; it has a nice, familiar aroma.

On 30/07/2013 at 4:22 PM, Guest * said:

I think it's a great way for Madonna to make shit loads of money from a celebrity obsessed culture. I don't personally care about the scent, I don't even buy men's fragrances.

I wonder just how much she made from it.

It wasn't a big seller.

I have it,I have both...I like it, but it smells a little bit too oldie to me...

I like it. Naked is better!

It's great! I wore it on my date the other week!

I love both, but I prefer the first one over the second one even though most people prefer the second one lol

The first is migraine inducing, Naked smells a lot better.

Me and my bro sprayed ourselves with the first perfume in Boots years ago, we agreed it wasn't very nice.

I love that it is a real fragrance, they're not for everyone. You either really like it and wear it or you basically hate it. Unlike the other cheap and thoughtless celebrity perfumes with no personality made for mass appeal. 

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

I wonder just how much she made from it.

It wasn't a big seller.

From Forbes 2013

Most of the recent reports have mentioned Madonna’s past 12 months as the reason for her ascent into the financial pantheon, citing sales of her MDNA album and a world tour that grossed just over $300 million. They mention perfume sales of $60 million, tour merchandise sales of $75 million, and other branding deals that add up to $30 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2013/03/28/why-madonna-isnt-on-the-forbes-billionaires-list/#38ddea2b723b

I think the original is polarizing because it has personality. It smells of old glamour and amber. It's become my signature scent. This daddy thought it was from italy and began mention all these cultured scents I had no clue about:sneaky:...little did he know it was Madonna's :IMG_1564:it's great because you can get it fairly cheap but it smells quite expensive

Edited by Dita Parlo

I like Naked. Haven't smelled the original one. 

I've never come across it?! I live in the UK but travel a lot around Europe and have been in the US a few times over the passed few years but I've never ever seen it. Is it like an exclusive or something?! Those nasty Beyonce and Britney fragrances are absolutely everywhere (and heavily discounted). I'm interested to smell it as I assume she's got a pretty good nose, going by how nice her house apparently smells, taste in flowers and wine, surely it's gotta good?

Now, I keep some @ work & wear it regularly.

18 hours ago, Gus said:

From Forbes 2013

Most of the recent reports have mentioned Madonna’s past 12 months as the reason for her ascent into the financial pantheon, citing sales of her MDNA album and a world tour that grossed just over $300 million. They mention perfume sales of $60 million, tour merchandise sales of $75 million, and other branding deals that add up to $30 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2013/03/28/why-madonna-isnt-on-the-forbes-billionaires-list/#38ddea2b723b

Perfume sales of 60 Million Dollers??

Here in the U.K it was stocked for barly 5 minutes and Naked wasn't even available anywhere.

Im guessing it made most of its sales in Ameica.

21 hours ago, Dita Parlo said:

I think the original is polarizing because it has personality. It smells of old glamour and amber. It's become my signature scent. This daddy thought it was from italy and began mention all these cultured scents I had no clue about:sneaky:...little did he know it was Madonna's :IMG_1564:it's great because you can get it fairly cheap but it smells quite expensive

Absolutely. 

With perfumes it is like with wine, your personal taste changes and evolves the more you know about them and how they are made and structured. 

It was clearly a failure together with the Shoe(?) line otherwise they would have continued making new versions of it ( Like Britneys or Jlo Perfumes which sells a lot)

She probably still mad that she doesnt have a product that sells bucks without her need to promote, thats why they are trying to cash in mdna skin now

1 minute ago, Starman said:

It was clearly a failure together with the Shoe(?) line otherwise they would have continued making new versions of it ( Like Britneys or Jlo Perfumes which sells a lot)

She probably still mad that she doesnt have a product that sells bucks without her need to promote, thats why they are trying to cash in mdna skin now

Nah... With the perfume they knew very well that this isn't for the masses, it's no drug store product with mass appeal. 

The shoes were just tacky. 

Naked is very good. I think it could be worn by men and women.The original I bought for my mum and she didn't like it...

I like them both but I much prefer the second one.