Favorite Unreleased Madonna Song?

Guest Lum

in my opinion the left over that had the most potential is "Animal".

I love it but, I don't know... sounds too Nelly Furtado-ish, maybe that's why it's been set aside.

Animal is great, but Across the Sky is flawless, it's one of my top ten all time M songs.

The sadness, and the elation, in her voice and the lyrics. It's so Madonna, so simple and so potent.

I'm no stranger to deception/
I have lied and been lied to/
But I'd rather stop the world than think/
That I couldn't be with you.

Animal is great, but Across the Sky is flawless, it's one of my top ten all time M songs.

The sadness, and the elation, in her voice and the lyrics. It's so Madonna, so simple and so potent.

I'm no stranger to deception/

I have lied and been lied to/

But I'd rather stop the world than think/

That I couldn't be with you.

I will never understand why it didn't make the cut.

I love it but, I don't know... sounds too Nelly Furtado-ish, maybe that's why it's been set aside.

yeah i heard that argument several times and while it's true that it reminds Maneater, in the other hand "Devil" sounds like "cry me a river", dance 2night sounds exactly like "love sex & magic" so... Anyway they could have change the beat to another one differnt than Maneater., The melody, the lyrics and the chorus were too good to be left, it could have been a real hit, it's pure Madonna.

:biggrin:

Great minds think alike :D

yeah i heard that argument several times and while it's true that it reminds Maneater, in the other hand "Devil" sounds like "cry me a river", dance 2night sounds exactly like "love sex & magic" so... Anyway they could have change the beat to another one differnt than Maneater., The melody, the lyrics and the chorus were too good to be left, it could have been a real hit, it's pure Madonna.

Maybe, but the verson we know sounds pretty "definitive" to me - but as Beat goes on changed numerous times (and that acoustic demo gets me EVERY TIME !) who knows what might have happened...

Great minds think alike :D

Maybe, but the verson we know sounds pretty "definitive" to me - but as Beat goes on changed numerous times (and that acoustic demo gets me EVERY TIME !) who knows what might have happened...

OH MY! You love the demo version too?

oh yes, you can laugh !!! :lol:

Speaking of demos : where does the fabulous acoustic OYH demo come from ? Why ? Where ? Who ?

Which one? I think one is from S&S. She was trying to include that one, but it didnt make it.

Why couldn't we have both?

tumblr_mqn7gd7C5m1qj8zl5o3_400.gif

I'd take ATS over Miles Away every day of the week, but they're two guitar based songs about the demise of a relationship, but one is optimistic, and the other jaded, and by the time they were putting the tracklist together she'd probably tipped over the edge.

This one :

Why ? There are several ?

Yes, that is from S&S rehearsals. There arent others as far as I know, I just wanted to make sure if we were talking about the same thing.

Yes, that is from S&S rehearsals. There arent others as far as I know, I just wanted to make sure if we were talking about the same thing.

Luckily we had it last year - I still can't believe I saw her perform OYH twice, including once "up close"

I so wish I had the MDNAT studio version of this !

Otherwise, I'm in love with love and Set the Right are awesome too

Luckily we had it last year - I still can't believe I saw her perform OYH twice, including once "up close"

I so wish I had the MDNAT studio version of this !

Otherwise, I'm in love with love and Set the Right are awesome too

You are lucky indeed!

YES, they are!!!!