THE 2013 MADONNANATION TOP 40

ryan

That's what I've wanted to do since I first started this. I could create a webpage and maybe svperstar could host it on the main site, and we could tweet the link to Guy O?

:tigger: YAY!

Thank you so much Whoopiedoo

Wonderful idea and very much appreciated effort :D

It's such a great idea to celebrate our fandom with our very own collective personal Top 40

Looking forward to the whole thing

I've tweeted the unveiling of the Top 40 on my twitter btw, but whoever is running the MadonnaNation twitter hasn't been bothered to re-tweet my tweet or even make a mention of the Top 40...., HOW RUDE!!

It's Hector, the non-voter. :1251: Omg tho, it all looks so pretty! You put a lot of work into this whoop, and it shows. :clap:

I totally thought Human Nature and Gang Bang would have scored higher. Quelle surprise!

33papadontpreach.png

33) PAPA DON'T PREACH

Loomer

Talking of characters, in the still fantastic video for this which was so good at the time, Madonna took on the role of a pregnant teenager here. But ambiguity was the key: "the baby" could just have been her boyfriend, but nevertheless created dialogue and a mini-uproar at the time, of her first controversies.

But that's beside the point cause this is just a fucking phenomenal pop record. The change was big, she sounded like a different person, looked like a different person and this record was in a whole other league to her prior stuff and showed her ambition, she was in this for the long haul and then some and upped the sophistication considerably both visually and sonically. I have memories of hearing this on the radio on holiday at my Aunt's in Surrey and it was startling stuff, such a change.

:dramatic:

Guest bluejean

I thought this as soon as whoopie came with this idea. We should get the final list to Madonna's eye! I know there are people here with Guy O's connections, it wouldnt be that hard...

It would be awesome if M could know all these stories and what are the mn favorites!

I doubt she'd read all those stories. And what about the one where whoopie refers to her as a cock hungry slut or something :lol:

Guest bluejean

NSFW

madonna_nude_friedlander.jpg

EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!

EAT THE DINGLE BERRIES!!!

Wow that has to be the hariest vagina ever photographed?

And the hairy arse :o

AWWW My "I deserve It" story made the first mention!! :) sad its not in the top 40 (cause its one of her best) but glad it got a mention! THANKS!! :)

This list was a great idea and I LOVE reading everyone's story about the songs they picked!

WOW

Okay so no Cherish, BK or IR :confused:

I swear If GGW makes the cut I will hack the forum :americanlife:

Love the little title cards for each song! :wow:

Aw, poor I'LL REMEMBER not making the cut.

No I'll Remember!!! I love that song. And no Cherish :(

And Human Nature should be higher :lol: So should The Power Of Goodbye

Great write ups btw everyone. Love your pics with each song whoopie chook

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

WOW!

:wow:

LOVE IT!!!

I agree, HN should be higher! Also OYH! Motherfuckers! :lol:

Very glad for Gang Bang!

And Cherish deserved too! :angry:

This is exactly why I didn't bother to vote. :lmao: It's a fruitless exercise (for me) as I don't have favourites. Have to say that Whoopie has organised it very well and as everyone has said the visuals are nice too.

Wouldn't it be great if the top 20 become the setlist of her next tour :lol:

Or maybe we can submit the top 40 to Madonna/Guy when it comes around so she can get a sense of what songs her fans love the most

You think Madonna wants to know which songs her fans want her to sing? :lmao:

no but you should answer my pm ! lol

No Preston, I've been asking weeks for people's write ups. It's too late now.

No Preston, I've been asking weeks for people's write ups. It's too late now.

I can't wait to read the narrative for Bedtime story and Girl gone wild.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

WOW!

:wow:

LOVE IT!!!

I agree, HN should be higher! Also OYH! Motherfuckers! :lol:

Very glad for Gang Bang!

And Cherish deserved too! :angry:

Agree with you, thought HN and OYH would rank higher!!!

And that Celebration would make it either!

I love that song, although I didn't vote for it

( I don't think I sent my list in time anyway... :( )

Can't wait for the next 10!

This is exactly why I didn't bother to vote. :lmao: It's a fruitless exercise (for me) as I don't have favourites. Have to say that Whoopie has organised it very well and as everyone has said the visuals are nice too.

tumblr_mp005xotJJ1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

I only did that because I think its rude to say the things you said to a bunch of people that clearly are happy to be doing this.

You already made your point not sending the list. You dont need to make a statement and make fun of the people with a different opinion.