THE 2013 MADONNANATION TOP 40

ryan

I would love for a non single to be number one, but I hardly doubt that!

Oh I would have loved that! But I'm very happy with the amount of non singles so far.

29luckystar.png

29) LUCKY STAR

IsaacHarris: For a young fag like myself, Lucky Star is a portal into another decade, into another 'Madonna' I had the misfortune of missing out on. You can hear in her then 20-something voice the urgency, the passion, and the honesty we've all come to expect from her. As far as I'm concerned, its the very song that marked the birth of MADONNA, the mega-star we see before us today.

There's a wonderful simplicity to it, both lyrically & musically: the way she reinvents a bedtime nursery rhyme into a semi-sexual, funky dance track is undeniably clever. The beat itself, though dead-simple, propels the song into quite possibly the catchiest chorus in her discography. Seriously, when that hook hits, I DARE you not to groove. 'C'MON, shine your heavenly body tonight' is a direct command command from the queen herself, one I follow whenever I hear it play.

It's understandably one of her biggest hits & one hell of a good song, but Lucky Star isn't just a Madonna SONG, its an entire experience, especially when paired with that equally-minimal-yet-intensely-fabulous. video. No other song + video combination better captures her energy! Despite the fact that her 80's image seems like a long distant memory, it hasn't aged a bit nor will it ever; it's as timeless as Madonna herself & anyone that underestimates it as a 'simple pop tune' has no soul & a flat ass.

:wow: :wow: :wow: amazing just amazing! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Adreeyen your write up was wonderful hahahaha I love it.

Matt Matt your write up was very touching, thanks for sharing <3

This top 40 is great so far however I am quite shocked at some of the rankings :/

Ummm will there be any other songs from AL apart from DAD?

There is still a fair chance the X-Static Process could make it. Love Profusion and Nothings Fails are unlikely but there could be a chance. Though I think Nobody Knows Me could also be on the list due to the popularity of the MDNA Tour interlude.

Edited by VeronicaElectronica

There is still a fair chance the X-Static Process could make it. Love Profusion and Nothings Fails are unlikely but there could be a chance. Though I think Nobody Knows Me could also be on the list due to the popularity of the MDNA Tour interlude.

tumblr_m3ydsnz4tC1qfe5p2o1_400.gif

tumblr_m472pxk62p1qbu4f8o1_r1_500.gif

Oh god, anything but X-Static Process! I hate that song so much! AL is so underrated tbh. There are so many great songs on it and yet the only song that might make the list is X-Static? I swear if Candy Shop, Dance 2night, GMAYL and/or Spanish Lesson make the list I'll cut a bitch!

I expect a huge amount of songs from ROL to be within the top 20, though which would be great!

Oh god, anything but X-Static Process! I hate that song so much! AL is so underrated tbh. There are so many great songs on it and yet the only song that might make the list is X-Static? I swear if Candy Shop, Dance 2night, GMAYL and/or Spanish Lesson make the list I'll cut a bitch!

I expect a huge amount of songs from ROL to be within the top 20, though which would be great!

X-Static Process will be Top 10 for sure. I love Candy Shop and I hope it's top 5 (tied with Spanish Lessons) because it was definitely in my top 40.

:lol: Did you just invite Rasputia here to party? There is no room for her here or any cake for her at all.

What y'all lookin at? I ain't have no cake!

Rasputia-Cake.jpg

Best mind your own damn business!

Oh god, anything but X-Static Process! I hate that song so much! AL is so underrated tbh. There are so many great songs on it and yet the only song that might make the list is X-Static?

:voodoo::catfight:

The list is turning out to be great! Love Spent is the only song that shouldn't be that high on the list IMO (the album version feels a bit over-produced indeed).