Opinion: Madonna doing an intimate tour. What do you think?

Yes. She occupies the Top 2 spot of highest tours. However the media will react to this kind of show shouldn't matter. I would prefer if it's more ballad filled. Her ballads are so good she should have a show with just them.

Yes. She occupies the Top 2 spot of highest tours. However the media will react to this kind of show shouldn't matter. I would prefer if it's more ballad filled. Her ballads are so good she should have a show with just them.

That's what I would not want. I love her ballads too, and I would want some of them of course, but I still want some more uptempo higher energy stuff. Just because you don't have dancers and set choreography, doesn't mean you can't have fun and move around. I love her youthful spirit and I wouldn't want a show of just slow acoustic type of stuff. I like the idea of doing a more traditional concert with all live vocals, changing the set list etc. because that would be something different for her and show people she does have pure musical talent and doesn't always need all the theatrical stuff to be good. She just does it because she likes performing that way. But I think she could do a more stripped down show but still with some energy and joy, not all slow depressing ballads.

Would love to hear Madonna with an orchestra in an intimate environment, giving us orchestral versions of her songs ( and not just all ballads). Could you imagine something like Gang Bang with trumpets, violins, piano and more horns.

Tori Amos recently done it but pretty much chose all slow songs which put me to sleep, yay for programmable soda!

Would love to hear Madonna with an orchestra in an intimate environment, giving us orchestral versions of her songs ( and not just all ballads). Could you imagine something like Gang Bang with trumpets, violins, piano and more horns.

Tori Amos recently done it but pretty much chose all slow songs which put me to sleep, yay for programmable soda!

I would not want it with an orchestra. That has become such a cliche now and I feel it wouldn't suit some of her songs. I would just want a classic band with guitars, bass, drums and keyboards.

I would not want it with an orchestra. That has become such a cliche now and I feel it wouldn't suit some of her songs. I would just want a classic band with guitars, bass, drums and keyboards.

Yeah...imagine Kylie's fans! AHAH

When Madonna would do something Kylie already did...it would be a sad day for us! xD

(Love Kylie though...one of my favs!)

This would be refreshing to see.A Madonna tour without all the dancers and props.I would love it,but I doubt that she would ever do this.

I'd like to see her future shows focus more on the band and backup singers,and less on the dancers and props.Or,do a perfect balance like the Girlie Show.That show had the dancers and props,but there was a major focus on the *band*,too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SecretGarden

Honestly I'm not sure if I'll like it if she does something like this, generally I have found a lot of her acoustic performances boring thus far. Even though I love Madonna's voice, personally I think Madonna SHINES as a live performer when she's using theatrics and great choreography, look at Like a Prayer on the Blond Ambition tour, that performance was like a spiritual experience really, a more intimate tour won't come anywhere close to that, imo.

Honestly I'm not sure if I'll like it if she does something like this, generally I have found a lot of her acoustic performances boring thus far. Even though I love Madonna's voice, personally I think Madonna SHINES as a live performer when she's using theatrics and great choreography, look at Like a Prayer on the Blond Ambition tour, that performance was like a spiritual experience really, a more intimate tour won't come anywhere close to that, imo.

Oh but you have to admit it would be a fan's dream to attend a smaller venue where she's surrounded by her fans, just chillin' and giving some insight to some of the songs she could perform acoustically... much like from the Storytellers sessions on Vh1. Certainly, she isn't that sort of artist, but I think it would be cool, and it could give her a bit more credibility to being a live singer without all the vocal effects and backing tracks. I understand some fans would find it boring since we are so used to her high energy concerts, but maybe when she's 80, she'll be willing to sit on a stool and plug away at some of her well known songs in an acoustic format. Never gonna probably happen, but it would be an awesome intimate setting.

Can you imagine the same FAT SWEATY FACES night after night in the best seats down the front. Bit like the Golden Vag debacle with the same OLD ppl mysteriously getting in every night. Most of us woulda been fucked without Hec.

This!! I wouldn't want it cause I know I wouldn't be able to get tickets at all. The fact that the same ones where there over and over again *really* pissed me off. So just cause the rest of the fans dont travel to see her cause we like, idk, might have jobs, or are nor as rich or some shit then just hand out the tickets to the same people. And then them acting like you are invading their triangle. No thanks!!!

Guest Not4Pussies

This!! I wouldn't want it cause I know I wouldn't be able to get tickets at all. The fact that the same ones where there over and over again *really* pissed me off. So just cause the rest of the fans dont travel to see her cause we like, idk, might have jobs, or are nor as rich or some shit then just hand out the tickets to the same people. And then them acting like you are invading their triangle. No thanks!!!

PREACH IT TATU.

PREACH IT TATU.

Can you imagine Issac?! We'd have to kill for those tickets. At least in the big venues we have a chance, and I'm fine with not having a pit next time around if the same thing will happen again.

:clap:

It seems like there are some official Madonna fans and there are the rest.

Guest Not4Pussies

Can you imagine Issac?! We'd have to kill for those tickets. At least in the big venues we have a chance, and I'm fine with not having a pit next time around if the same thing will happen again.

i agree. if there's a pit again (which i loved) the same thing will happen and the same people will be in the front row "winning" every time.

but lets not even get into it tatu cause a lot of those people that were frequently in the front row at every concert are very close with some people on this forum.

^It's pretty telling how well my "new faces are needed in the pit" tweet was received by other fans on twitter when I was pleading for GT. it was a little unfair. But I praaaaay she has another GT. I need to be in there again.

I would love a more intimate show, but I'd want it to be something she's never done before -- I would want more than just another Brixton or Koko Club or even another L'Olympia. I loved those shows, but they were simply pilot runs or scaled-down version of the shows she does already.

If she's going to do something intimate, I'd want a full band or maybe even an orchestra -- I'm thinking some more like Portishead's simply gorgeous 1997 Roseland show than I am a simple "Unplugged" set. Maybe that sort of thing only works for a one-night-only performance to be marketed as a live album. Still, it could be brilliant. It would allow her catalogue of music to really shine. I think "Ray of Light" tracks could do especially well in a setting like this.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree about the SAME fans being given tickets. It would actually be Madonna performing for the same group of people every night! I LOVE the GT and I am grateful for getting in there, if it wasnt for Hector I would never of gotten in and I am 100% grateful to the people on this forum but seeing the same people in there ESPECIALLY on nights where it was hard for people to get GT pissed me off. So many of my Twitter and personal friends missed out on the chance of getting in the pit, whilst others were bragging that it was their 35th GT experience!

I think it would be cool if she did a show more stripped down without so much dance and choreography , but more based around her voice and the band, but not necessarily in super small venues. I would prefer in more arena like settings. That way there wouldn't be the issue of just the same small group getting tickets and the rest of us would be left out.

i bet will have that after all of those massive tours when she ll be much older. there is enough time to do it. and my opinion that madonna could live 100 years...so...she is healthy and live very healthy and eh...its madonna

Guest Fukujima

imagine the price of the tickets if she ever does something like that :rotfl: unless she does it for the sake of doing it and amen.

i would totally love a sort of MTV Unplugged like the ones they used to do decades ago, think about Nirvana or Alanis' Unplugged :drama:

I like the idea but I don't see her doing it any time soon. She doesn't seem to like to perform ballads or slower songs at all. It's all about doing the big show now.

I like the idea but I don't see her doing it any time soon. She doesn't seem to like to perform ballads or slower songs at all. It's all about doing the big show now.

i think it's the exact opposite now. she just did the big show last year.

As I said before, I like the idea of her doing a more stripped down show with just a band and not all the special effects, but I don't see why that would have to be all ballads and slower songs. That would be boring. She could still do a stripped down less elaborate show but with some uptempo high energy songs.

• 2 weeks later...