Update: Madonna Does Not Boycott Florida

FreeMySoul

More importantly....., WILL THIS DELAY THE MDNA DVD RELEASE????????????!!!???!?!??!??!??!?!?!!?

I'd already heard it's delayed because Madonna didn't approve the final edit. Is that true?

I think this is meant to bring attention to that stupid, ancient and obviously very dangerous law. A law that is often enough abused by all kinds of criminals mostly gang members.

it was never enacted in this court case

You actually forget that she stood up for the LGBT community in St. Petersburg despite the existing law that forbids any kind of promotion of homosexuality.

no shit lol Im just saying that russia is worse on the human and civil rights front than florida

You actually forget that she stood up for the LGBT community in St. Petersburg despite the existing law that forbids any kind of promotion of homosexuality. It was pretty brave. She could have been jailed. They sued her for millions. Now that this law is applicable in all Russia she would do the same in Moscow or where ever in Russia she plays. But I guess Russian authorities will deny her a visa the next time anyway. I doubt they will allow her to speak up again because she will but they can't arrest her because that would cause an international uproar of epic proportions.

If you want to talk real evil: talk the IOC. I doubt they will do anything in regards to the issue and the winter games next year. All they care about is money. So why bother about some figure skating faggots.

I totally agree with what you said (the last sentence made me laugh though)

It's FALSE. Madonna's rep said she is NOT boycotting Florida.

http://variety.com/2013/music/news/jay-z-madonna-and-timberlake-are-not-joining-boycott-against-florida-1200567299/

Representatives for Madonna, Jay Z, Justin Timberlake and several other stars have strongly denied reports suggesting the musicians were joining Stevie Wonder in his boycott of the state of Florida following the George Zimmerman verdict.

It's FALSE. Madonna's rep said she is NOT boycotting Florida.

http://variety.com/2013/music/news/jay-z-madonna-and-timberlake-are-not-joining-boycott-against-florida-1200567299/

Representatives for Madonna, Jay Z, Justin Timberlake and several other stars have strongly denied reports suggesting the musicians were joining Stevie Wonder in his boycott of the state of Florida following the George Zimmerman verdict.

Exactly. Their potential income wouldn't allow it.

I'm not a fan of boycotts. I don't think it's fair to punish fans who happen to live in a certain state or country that has some negative policy. The fans don't really always have the power to change the bad policy. People say the artist doesn't want to give up that money, but what about the fans who want to see their favorite artist in concert? A lot of fans may not have the money to travel to another state or country to see the artist if the artist boycotts where they live.