"MADONNA: NYC83" - Richard Corman book to be released in November

cosmic_system

41fmaBKW22L._.jpg

This book represents a period in time, circa early 80's where fearlessness, creativity and a relentless attitude to transform ones style moved forward at all costs. Failure was never an option as it only inspired those individuals to create more and drive themselves harder. Madonna represented this sensibility like no one else; she was and remains an original whose self-determination moved her into an arena that today still maintains relevance unlike anyone else. Photographer, Richard Corman met Madonna on a whim in 1983 and created a brief but bountiful collection of images that truly represented a diverse portrait of Madonna and NYC that remains timeless and significant in 2013. MADONNA NYC 83 is not only homage to Madonna and the 80's, but also a collage of energy, exuberance, humour, fashion, sexiness and performance that continues to inspire!

• Hardcover: 96 pages
  • Publisher: Damiani (1 Nov 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 8862082886
  • ISBN-13: 978-8862082884

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madonna-NYC-83-Richard-Corman/dp/8862082886/ref=lh_di_t_dup?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Guest Rachelle of London

thanks for that link Presston! Those stories just make me wish I was around NYC in the early 80s to witness the beginning of Madonnas career! Lady Gaga wishes

thanks for that link Presston! Those stories just make me wish I was around NYC in the early 80s to witness the beginning of Madonnas career! Lady Gaga wishes

Count me in ! I'm fascinated by her pre-fame days in NYC.

Which more famous pics are his?

You might want to ask pud as he might know better than me, but I want to say the answer is none since the photos have remained unreleased for the past 12 years.

Guest bluejean

You might want to ask pud as he might know better than me, but I want to say the answer is none since the photos have remained unreleased for the past 12 years.

Oh I love his pics. I know them from people's sigs on here.

if you did, you wont be 21. girl... just count your blessings...

41fmaBKW22L._.jpg

This book represents a period in time, circa early 80's where fearlessness, creativity and a relentless attitude to transform ones style moved forward at all costs. Failure was never an option as it only inspired those individuals to create more and drive themselves harder. Madonna represented this sensibility like no one else; she was and remains an original whose self-determination moved her into an arena that today still maintains relevance unlike anyone else. Photographer, Richard Corman met Madonna on a whim in 1983 and created a brief but bountiful collection of images that truly represented a diverse portrait of Madonna and NYC that remains timeless and significant in 2013. MADONNA NYC 83 is not only homage to Madonna and the 80's, but also a collage of energy, exuberance, humour, fashion, sexiness and performance that continues to inspire!

• Hardcover: 96 pages
  • Publisher: Damiani (1 Nov 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 8862082886
  • ISBN-13: 978-8862082884
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madonna-NYC-83-Richard-Corman/dp/8862082886/ref=lh_di_t_dup?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

On a quick read i read "she was and remains an original whore" :lol:

• 2 months later...

Beautiful photos but I'm not really feeling the layout.

Looks very [insert random eighties artist] hits CD booklet released circa 1994... and several photos that I find particularly arresting have been reduced to mere color-tinted thumbnails. :americanlife:

Did anyone ordered the book already? The pictures are GORGEOUS but they shouldn't have color tinted them :(

And MatGuy, I never get tired of reading that story either, it's LIFE!