Reissue rumours: first "Like a Prayer," now "Something to Remember"?

Apples388

Looks like it's all a load of bull.

The Examiner (bullshit central) recently said that LAP was to be reissued but Warner denied it.

The latest rumour on Facebook now is that Something to Remember will be reissued in September.

OH.

PROBABLY WILL BE THE SAME KIND OF MEANINGLESS VYNIL ALBUM REISSUES OF LAST YEAR AROUND THE TIME OF MDNA RELEASE, WITH SHITTY HOME-MADE COVERS....

Guest bluejean

It doesn't need anything.

But I'd like all the studio albums to be rereleased and remastered with bonus stuff. It's about time. And why not do You Can Dance, The Immaculate Collection and STR too. Maybe give GHV2 a miss :chuckle:

STR and BS are incredibly rare on vinyl so they actually will be of interest to vinyl fans. However, really all Warner are doing is trying to cash in by doing the least amount of work possible hence the crappy box sets.

It doesn't need anything.

But I'd like all the studio albums to be rereleased and remastered with bonus stuff. It's about time. And why not do You Can Dance, The Immaculate Collection and STR too. Maybe give GHV2 a miss :chuckle:

THIS!!!! in special boxes!!!! Madonna is totally overlooked for these things... unlike almost all other great artists that come to my mind....

I think it's because Madonna herself doesn't want nor allow those types of releases.

I get the impression it's because she feels like if she's going to do it, she would want to be involved completely, but she simply doesn't have the time because she views her current projects as more important.

I'll definately be buying STR on vinyl, it's the only M LP missing in my collection and I adore the cover! However if the artwork quality is anything like those god-awful "my mums got a scanner lets just scan them really big with the incorrect .dpi setting - that'll work" quality - Warner can shove it up their arse!!!!

Why did WBR stop the remaster re-issues from 2001 w/ True Blue? Certainly her catalog at least up until LAP deserved an official remaster.

this is good news been desperate for something to remember on vinyl for years and its always so expensive

I need bedtime stories and something on vinyl to complete albums.

Why did WBR stop the remaster re-issues from 2001 w/ True Blue? Certainly her catalog at least up until LAP deserved an official remaster.

Because WB weren't in the CMoody.

Guest bluejean

I get the impression it's because she feels like if she's going to do it, she would want to be involved completely, but she simply doesn't have the time because she views her current projects as more important.

Not so sure. She has no qualms letting S&S be edited with very little input from her. I don't think its time, I think its just lack of interest in rehashing old projects. Its the same reason we haven't seen TVT, BAT and RIT released on DVD.

There are so many things they could have done. A boxset of all her singles on CD (like The Beatles has.) They had that Japanese one, they could have done something like for the US or UK releases. Or a boxset with rarities, unreleased material, remixes etc. All these things are unlikely now that CD's are gradually disappearing. Maybe they'll release all her singles digitally, that would be a cool thing to do for newer fans. I mean the amount of stuff they could put out there on digital release. But I quite honestly think Warner don't have the masters anymore to actually remaster any of it.

Well a 20th anniversary box set was in the works (all the albums remastered) but it was scrapped.

So you can't really say Madonna doesn't want these kind of releases. Especially since Stuart Price was behind the remastering. He's had access to all the masters of her catalog since DWT

Kevin Reagan even did work on the packaging

I just don't think M's team is focused on this kind of release right now. If anything they are waiting to do it at a certain time

Prob till her current contract is complete

Maybe sales weren't great?

Far less popular artists have their classic releases remastered and re-released all the time so I wouldn't imagine that it was a sales-related issue. Perhaps they only wanted to remaster the first three releases. Many times the remasters are quite extraordinary with a ton of unreleased tracks, photos, videos, etc. I can only imagine the re-mastered, re-releases that we will eventually see in years to come. Madonna may be not too keen on previous projects, but she is missing a fine little sales nugget if she approved dome of the high quality, well planned and executed releases that are done for legendary artists these days.

Well a 20th anniversary box set was in the works (all the albums remastered) but it was scrapped.

So you can't really say Madonna doesn't want these kind of releases. Especially since Stuart Price was behind the remastering. He's had access to all the masters of her catalog since DWT

Kevin Reagan even did work on the packaging

I just don't think M's team is focused on this kind of release right now. If anything they are waiting to do it at a certain time

Prob till her current contract is complete

They are missing out on so much profit.....a music legend of 30 years should have at least ONE official box set at this point.

I don't there is a market at the moment. How much would time and money would it take to put it all together and for what returns? The money's in the touring as we know now.

It's highly unusual that an artist is successful for thirty years. Many bands / artists that have had box sets are normally no longer together or had a long hiatus in their careers.

I don't think any of this stuff will properly see light of day until ten years after she's finished. That seems to be the normal amount of time it takes for a band to finish and then be appreciated. There was a Beatles revival at the beginning of the 80s in the UK. It was ten years from Abba no longer recording until the Gold album came out. Take That need ten years away too.