"My style is a mix of Jackie O and Madonna" JLO about her new line

XXL

Jennifer Lopez: My style is a mix of Jackie O and Madonna

jennifer_lopez_642231.jpg

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/jennifer-lopez-my-style-is-a-mix-of-jackie-o-and-madonna_3747168

Jennifer Lopez says her style is a mixture of late US First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, singer Madonna and Old Hollywood starlet Ava Gardner

Jennifer Lopez's style is a mixture of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Madonna andAva Gardner.

The 43-year-old singer - who has her own fashion range for Kohl's - revealed she takes inspiration from the three very different style icons. She said: ''If you mix Jackie O with Madonnain the '80s and Ava Gardner, that would be kind of like my style.''

Like Madonna, 54, Jennifer is known for her provocative stage outfits, but she is regularly commended for her red carpet style - much like former US First Lady, Jackie, and Old Hollywood actress, Ava, were.

No matter what she wears, the singer-and-actress insists it's important to carry every outfit off with confidence. She explained: ''You just have to decide what you feel most confident in, because confidence is what makes people sexy. You have to be you but don't get stuck.''

The 'Live It Up' hitmaker also discussed the evolution of her style, revealing she still retains her street style but now mixes it with high-end fashion. She told American OK! magazine: ''I grew up in the Bronx, so my style had a more urban, hip-hop influence.

''My fashion for music and the red carpet was influenced as I got into the business and exposed to different designers and travelling. I kind of mesh all that together.''

mtv-vma-1999-madonna-jlo-jennifer-lopez-23713670-427-499.jpg

lopez_madonna_martin.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

she's so desperate to be noticed, she actually is a desperate middle aged woman, why the press insist on labelling Madonna with that description but let this woman go is beyond me

Well, mind you, she's got a nice body, but that's probably the only thing I would praise her for, she's got some nice songs (I especially like Ain't It Funny!), but that doesn't make one a talented artist.

But anyway, regarding the fashion line, good for her, but her looks have never been iconic unlike Madonna's, so yeah, her comparison is stupid.

I love Jennifer Lopez. She's a strong woman who handle her career very well, she can sing, can dance, can act, and she looks hot for 43 yo (body & face). Madonna, Beyonce & Jennifer Lopez are fucking strong.

And about this comment well it's a great compliment for Madonna that she is one of her inspiration for the line. as a Madonna fan i'm happy when i hear good stuff about her.

Except she can't really sing, & her acting is on par with those anonymous actors who do a good job

in commercials...

Like who?

Exactly. :fag:

Except she can't really sing, & her acting is on par with those anonymous actors who do a good job

in commercials...

Like who?

Exactly. :fag:

Well, that's exactly what lots of Madonna detractors say about Madonna, and honestly speaking Jlo CAN sing compared to Britney for instance, sure she doesn't have Maria Callas voice but neither does Madonna...HOWEVER Madonna is in WAY ANOTHER LEVEL compared to JLO...ok mayeb her ass is hotter...mmmm...i would do her day and night!....cheesus how did i say that!?!?... :semifunny:

Well, that's exactly what lots of Madonna detractors say about Madonna, and honestly speaking Jlo CAN sing compared to Britney for instance, sure she doesn't have Maria Callas voice but neither does Madonna...HOWEVER Madonna is in WAY ANOTHER LEVEL compared to JLO...ok mayeb her ass is hotter...mmmm...i would do her day and night!....cheesus how did i say that!?!?... :semifunny:

tumblr_inline_mkbqc1ubnB1qz4rgp.gif

Guest Not4Pussies

Here we go again. Yes she did and madonna dissed her back by leaving a NYE party when jlo arrived. They kissed and made up back in 2000 when they were both in ny. Jlo has hosting snl and m was promoting the next best thing. They're cool with one another now.

I don't hate her but I don't see ANYTHING remotely related to Jackie O, Ava Gardner or Madonna in J.Lo.

And please stop doing 23425262 variations of On The Floor with Pitbull.

^Who doesn't have a Grammy award? :)/> That's not much of a measure of anything.

And I'm sure you are very aware of the tour-de-force that is Henny Lopez. More than anything, though, she's a big star- degree of commercial success doesn't impact that one.

^Who doesn't have a Grammy award? :)/> That's not much of a measure of anything. And I'm sure you are very aware of the tour-de-force that is Henny Lopez. More than anything, though, she's a big star- degree of commercial success doesn't impact that one.

I was MOSTLY kidding. Calm your tits.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

^I figured- and I was very calm. See, this ol' Internet sometimes makes that difficult to see.

I took your comment to be very Mimi-Carey-like- i.e. when she says, "I don't know who that is." :)

Here we go again. Yes she did and madonna dissed her back by leaving a NYE party when jlo arrived. They kissed and made up back in 2000 when they were both in ny. Jlo has hosting snl and m was promoting the next best thing. They're cool with one another now.

Alright, thanks.