Suggest A Marketing Strategy For Next Album

horn

Any suggestion?

I want a...

- Lead single featuring Rihanna

- Tied up with a famous brand for lead single promotion (Just like HU with Motorola)

- Clear Channel Deal for a week (It's a must since radio will never play her new song)

- Performance of 2-3 songs during an event (Preview of her next tour)

- Second single with remixes featuring another famous guest

- Touring

What about you? :horn:

01. Lead single with a majestic videoclip ( David Fincher / Quentin Tarantino my choice ) ;

02. Promotional tour on tv ;

03. Clear Channel deal for almost 2 weeks ;

04. Gigs like Koko, Roseball ;

05. World Tour

Simple, same formula she does like no one else when miss Madonna wants to :

-find a fucking brilliant underground producer no one's really heard about before

-create a killer sound that is not on radio yet that will make the whole world dance

-look wise : let the fillers settle down for good (as it seems you are doing now) and let your face go back to its original stunning shape because yes you are the most beautiful celebrity and your natural facial features are perfection. Forget the fillers.

-Create a hot new personna that will set a massive trend worldwide like the cowgirl, the disco queen, etc.. Re-invention is part of what made you so special so keep it !

-Wear jeans, straight hair, chill out look that will talk a lot more to the new generation than the big curly hairdo and the 50's Hollywood glam dresses.

-PROMOTE YOUR DAMN ALBUM ! even if it's not where the money is now art is not only about money ! take several months after the album release to perform on awards show, tv shows, etc... Your fans will be happy, the casual non-fans people will be happy to see you back on tv, it will make more sales for your music, it will build the hysteria for your music and for your tour, so all good in the end !

No lead single featuring anyone

No single featuring anyone

THIS!

But I agree with Preston, even if the money isn't to be made in the album itself, what is tied up in the reception of the album is the artistry and in that, Madonna's impact as an artist. Even if people aren't buying albums they are still listening to them, and if people respect M for her art then all else will follow.

Guest Rachelle of London

THIS!

But I agree with Preston, even if the money isn't to be made in the album itself, what is tied up in the reception of the album is the artistry and in that, Madonna's impact as an artist. Even if people aren't buying albums they are still listening to them, and if people respect M for her art then all else will follow.

I agree, who CARES about album sales (even though we all secretly do) but its all about preserving the legacy, keep making great music. Albums like AL and Erotica that didnt work from a commercial point have all been regarded as great albums.

The most important thing is,Madonna needs to aggressively promote the album.In the weeks leading up to its release,she should be *everywhere*...on the daytime TV shows,on the late night chat shows,in magazine interviews/articles,promo club performances in the major cities,radio interviews,etc.If she wants a hit album that's gonna hang around on the charts for awhile,she's gotta do some work!

In addition,she should team up with a major company (Apple? Samsung?) for some type of powerful,effective promotional campaign...the way Jay-Z recently teamed up with Samsung to sell/promote his latest album.

When the album is finished,three strong singles should be chosen and videos should be filmed *immediately*.We don't want another situation where she goes on tour and is forced to make quick,cheap-looking videos because of lack of time ("Jump","Give It 2 Me").

-PROMOTE YOUR DAMN ALBUM ! even if it's not where the money is now art is not only about money ! take several months after the album release to perform on awards show, tv shows, etc... Your fans will be happy, the casual non-fans people will be happy to see you back on tv, it will make more sales for your music, it will build the hysteria for your music and for your tour, so all good in the end !

I agree.She should wait 6 months (or longer) *after* the album is released before she launches the tour.COADF was released in November 2005 and the tour didn't begin until June 2006,and that worked out perfectly.She had plenty of time to promote the album effectively and we even got two great videos.

Well she need to do more promotion for sure. And please NO lead single with someone in featuring, certainly NOT Rihanna. I also think she need to change her sound, i love her dance music but i would like to hear something new with the next album, her most experimental albums are BRILLIANT.

Heavy promotion like during the COADF era. She needs to perform on a show again like the EMA's or VMA's. I don't care they're shit now she just needs to do it.

My next album strategy would be......:

1. Disappear from the spotlight for 6 months (no public appearances whatsoever).

2. Create buzz and speculation via public and private-related media stories (leaks) and online teasers about Madonna's new project (for up to 1 month approximately).

3. Perform brand new single at a significant public event or ceremony (unveiling brand new image, brand new sound and direction, 'something futuristic - no nostalgia').

4. Day/week following high profile public performance, release new single (no features or collaborations with other artists - this is Madonna) to radio with intensive promotion on television networks, in advertising, magazines and online with product tie-ins with brands like Apple, Samsung, Bugatti, American Airlines, etc.

5. Within the same week of single release and relentless media bombardment and various television/media appearances, release video to accompany the single release (high production values throughout - a state-of-the-art video heralding a renaissance back to the multi-million dollar concept video...video to be directed by a relatively new yet established film director...video will be shocking and controversial with Madonna as purveyor of beauty and aspiration...the focus is 'future Madonna and her current speculated billionaire status'.

6. Week 2 following public performance, heighten the buzz around the new album via various snippets and leaks online and on television networks, advertising and television interviews (see 4).

7. Week 3 following public performance, make album available for pre-order (at a discounted price).

8. Week 4 following public performance, release the album and a second single/video simultaneously.

9. Week 5 following public performance, announce concert tickets.

10. Week 6 following public performance, concert tickets available for purchase.

11. Promote. Promote. Promote. Promote. Promote.

Guest SecretGarden

Make fantastic music, if she releases a lead single as brilliant as Like a Prayer or Vogue (with an amazing music video) the album will sell, promo may not work if the music is shit.

Edited by SecretGarden

Like someone else mentioned, shoot music videos in advance. This is done WAY more than people like to think.

And please Madonna.....promote your shit! MDNA got basically zero promo. HOW ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU HAVE A NEW ALBUM OUT IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM?

Spend a lot of time actually making the album as oppose to being rushed and promoting other ventures. She should definitely do another promo tour, more TV and award show performances. And yeah I agree, a lead single without featuring somebody would be nice.

Most of these are promotional plans, not marketing strategies. All marketing starts with product, which is why Preston's marketing strategy is the best one here.

Personally I'd change almost everything. The marketing of Confessions was really sublime. Everything since then has been really awful. If Madonna was a company, the Marketing team would have been sacked many times over.

just no duets or featuring please..i want madonna alone in all her glory with good new sound and better lyrics than MDNA or HC.

i need smart, wicked, sexy, pushing and ironic M

something like EROTICA+BS+ROL formula. i m tired of easy pop music. it is time to open some deeper subjects than dancing queen wanna have fun.

Guest Not4Pussies

No featured artists on lead single. A new unknown producer. Have the album artwork coincide with the theme and look of the era and stick with it. HC was a mess, and the MDNA album artwork had no theme. It didn't go with the videos and overall theme. Don't tour until 6 months the album is out. If she didn't do the traditional promo for the last album, she doesn't have to follow the old formula anymore. Releasing a single 3-4 months in between doesn't work anymore. Find new ways to release the music, look at Yeezus and Jay Z's new albums and the way they were released. Above all, be inspired and do the music you want woman. Fuck the charts.

I know this has nothing to do with it, but I'd love if she worked with M.I.A. again, although their last collab wasn't exactly amazing. If M.I.A. had worked with Madonna with William or Benassi as oppose to Solveig maybe we'd have received something half decent, but I know that's not going to happen.

Publicity and marketing are two different things.

If she wants U.S. radio support, she's going to have to do a massive radio interview tour like she did with "4 Minutes." So that would be great. And do a live performance or two on TV, not just sit-down interviews.

As for marketing. radio support is going to be a long shot, so she should license the first single to a big campaign, like the launch of a new Apple product, which would be heard on TV and across the internet in ads and promotions. Maybe even a new Madonna-branded device and she could appear in the commercials. But it HAS to be about the music.

Any suggestion?

I want a...

- Lead single featuring Rihanna not necessary, but i want a potential hit single, the right obvious one....

- Tied up with a famous brand for lead single promotion (Just like HU with Motorola) this, and attached to some tv show too

- Clear Channel Deal for a week (It's a must since radio will never play her new song)

- Performance of 2-3 songs during an event (Preview of her next tour)

- performing songs during awards show.... look at adele, how well timed her singles were released in time for grammys, mtv awards, brit ards, etc....

- Second single with remixes featuring another famous guest no

- Touring

What about you? :horn:

lead single that has mind plowing video production. .............. many tv promo talk show gigs with live performances............. at least 4 legit singles in total all with superb videos....of course world tour................................ and no nipples.