Madonna on INSTAGRAM Part II

XXL

my brother and I started drinking early too. (way earlier than the age rocco is now) but I can see how the instagram pic seems a bit provocative. then again it was new years eve.

I'm sure its being mentioned in the media here too but I'm just ignoring it. M commented quickly so I hope they got the message and it'll blow over soon as it usually does.

It doesn't matter. I'm many countries, Switzerland included, it's common for children and teens to drink. Hell, even in the u.s. but it's repressive in the u.s. Due to insane drinking laws. Madonna could care less about asinine American laws.

Drinking laws are strict in the US bc for decades ppl were getting into cars drunk and killing others. Shit even in my own town a high school girl recently killed a pregnant woman and her 2 children. The girl survived but her life is ruined forever. It's not an isolated incident, sadly. I've driven drunk in my life twice, back when I was a teen and almost killed myself both times. THANK GOD NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

And although I'd hardly get into an uproar over this pic which was posted innocently imo, the fact is it doesn't depict 13 year olds having a drink w/ their families at dinner. It's kids in a club, partying. In America, our public transit is shit so they would have to DRIVE home. That's the cultural difference. So let's just drop this idea that American laws are "asinine" in this case. When it comes to drinking laws, they are strict and w/ good reason.

Drinking laws are strict in the US bc for decades ppl were getting into cars drunk and killing others. Shit even in my own town a high school girl recently killed a pregnant woman and her 2 children. The girl survived but her life is ruined forever. It's not an isolated incident, sadly. I've driven drunk in my life twice, back when I was a teen and almost killed myself both times. THANK GOD NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

And although I'd hardly get into an uproar over this pic which was posted innocently imo, the fact is it doesn't depict 13 year olds having a drink w/ their families at dinner. It's kids in a club, partying. In America, our public transit is shit so they would have to DRIVE home. That's the cultural difference. So let's just drop this idea that American laws are "asinine" in this case. When it comes to drinking laws, they are strict and w/ good reason.

I was told in the NYC thread that there is great public transport there!

Guest Rachelle of London

America has strict drinking rules but still has the highest drink driving rates in the world, therefore they don't work.

I've been accused of being a stan who always defends Madonna and as most of you know, I don't often criticize her. But I have to say I think she was wrong here and showed very bad judgment. When I first saw the picture, I actually thought Rocco hacked her account and put it up there. I get it was meant as a joke and they weren't really drinking. But binge drinking among teenagers is a really big problem and it's not something that should be joked about. Even if you don't drive, excessive drinking can get teenagers into a lot of trouble and do a lot of irresponsible things. (In the US, there is great public transportation if you live in a major city like NYC, DC, Chicago etc., but not if you grow up in the suburbs or some rural area where more people with kids tend to live because it's more affordable to get more space.) The thing with teenagers is most of them just aren't responsible to deal with drinking. I think it is okay to have a glass of wine or champagne as a teenager, but it wasn't showing that. It was showing them holding a bottle and saying party time.

I'm definitely not against drinking period and I certainly don't abstain from it. I love my cocktails and great wines with food. But drinking hard liquor and teenagers to me is not something you should really joke about. I was surprised that Madonna who is known as a very strict mother and who is against substance abuse wouldn't see that it was a bad idea to post that. I definitely don't think she allows her kids to drink and it was meant as joke, but I am surprised she couldn't see posting something like that was not a good idea.

Guest Rachelle of London

Obviously in the rural parts public transport is not as good. Car is king in the States. Love driving in America. Roads are so wide. It's amaze

...(In the US, there is great public transportation if you live in a major city like NYC, DC, Chicago etc....

Yup. DC, NYC, and Chicago. Don't even think there is much of an "etc." I don't remember seeing one in LA. The major cities that do have it don't even connect to each other, much less the whole damn continent like Europe. It ain't just rural areas where there's no public transport. I live in The Motor City, everyone has a car. The public transit there goes in little circle lol. Kids have to DRIVE home to get back to the burbs. Even in the city limits, teens drive. The People Mover closes around midnight. Completely useless.

Obviously in the rural parts public transport is not as good. Car is king in the States. Love driving in America. Roads are so wide. It's amaze

I guess I'm an untypical American. I grew up in an urban neighborhood DC, lived there and in NYC and San Francisco. So although I have a drivers' license, I've never really driven much. But actually in the US people are driving less than they used to. Driving might be fun in a rural area, but in the suburbs it's just one big traffic jam so people are getting fed up. Public transportation is expanding and also so are bike lines and places where you can rent a bike to use. But I"m sure there' are place in the UK and Europe further out from cities where you have to drive too.

I guess I'm an untypical American. I grew up in an urban neighborhood DC, lived there and in NYC and San Francisco. So although I have a drivers' license, I've never really driven much. But actually in the US people are driving less than they used to. Driving might be fun in a rural area, but in the suburbs it's just one big traffic jam so people are getting fed up. Public transportation is expanding and also so are bike lines and places where you can rent a bike to use. But I"m sure there' are place in the UK and Europe further out from cities where you have to drive too.

Renting bikes lol. Yeah there may be "places" like in the bigger cities where you can rent (I've never seen them). But the other 97% of America you gotta drive. Ain't no bike lanes on I-94 or any freeway I ever saw. Shit you'd get killed, drunk or not. What about the dead of winter? People DRIVE. I'll agree that ppl want more public transportation and the idea is popular. But gov't too busy spending money on wars!

Guest Rachelle of London

Definitely. Where my mum lives it's 8 miles to the local shop. A lot of the UK in fact

OMG you're from DC! I love DC!!!!! Such a cool city! Love it thete

Renting bikes lol. Yeah there may be "places" like in the bigger cities where you can rent (I've never seen them). But the other 97% of America you gotta drive. Ain't no bike lanes on I-94 or any freeway I ever saw. Shit you'd get killed, drunk or not. What about the dead of winter? People DRIVE. I'll agree that ppl want more public transportation and the idea is popular. But gov't too busy spending money on wars!

Washington. DC was one of the first cities to have bikeshare, which is what the rental thing is called. You'd think people would never get into it, but it's amazing how it's taken off. It has expanded from just DC proper to the more close in suburbs of MD and VA. They are starting to create bikelanes on roads to make it safer. In fact, where my mother lives in Virginia, they actually have removed street parking spaces for cars to fit in the bike lanes. Some people threw a fit about that but the bikelanes prevailed. Bikeshare has now expanded to Seattle and NYC and several other cities. It's easy to be cynical about it but it actually is changing and getting better. Now, obviously money is a big part of it. Detroit obviously is in a financial crisis so I guess they don't have money for these type of things. Bikeshare and public transportation is mostly funded by local and state governments who are not involved in wars, not the federal government.

I've been accused of being a stan who always defends Madonna and as most of you know, I don't often criticize her. But I have to say I think she was wrong here and showed very bad judgment. When I first saw the picture, I actually thought Rocco hacked her account and put it up there. I get it was meant as a joke and they weren't really drinking. But binge drinking among teenagers is a really big problem and it's not something that should be joked about. Even if you don't drive, excessive drinking can get teenagers into a lot of trouble and do a lot of irresponsible things. (In the US, there is great public transportation if you live in a major city like NYC, DC, Chicago etc., but not if you grow up in the suburbs or some rural area where more people with kids tend to live because it's more affordable to get more space.) The thing with teenagers is most of them just aren't responsible to deal with drinking. I think it is okay to have a glass of wine or champagne as a teenager, but it wasn't showing that. It was showing them holding a bottle and saying party time.

I'm definitely not against drinking period and I certainly don't abstain from it. I love my cocktails and great wines with food. But drinking hard liquor and teenagers to me is not something you should really joke about. I was surprised that Madonna who is known as a very strict mother and who is against substance abuse wouldn't see that it was a bad idea to post that. I definitely don't think she allows her kids to drink and it was meant as joke, but I am surprised she couldn't see posting something like that was not a good idea.

I agree.And a few years ago,there was a photo of Lola smoking on a cigarette.We all know that Madonna is a very good,strict mother,but when pics like these get out,it makes her look like a bad parent.

I am with you here. It was very unlike her to post something like this even as a joke so the only explanation I could think of is that she was drunk when she posted this...thus her poor judgment.

I am with you here. It was very unlike her to post something like this even as a joke so the only explanation I could think of is that she was drunk when she posted this...thus her poor judgment.

Yes, that could have been what happened. I"m not a saint and I have to admit I have posted things on social media after I"ve been drinking and I have regretted it. Social media and drinking can be more dangerous than drinking and driving! (Just joking!)

I agree.I wish she had not posted this picture.Yes,I believe her when she says they weren't drinking,but this kinda pic is just gonna cause a commotion in the media,I've already seen this story being discussed on a few forums and my local radio station mentioned it this morning.

I agree. I love Madge to death but I think for an intelligent woman like herself it wasn't the smartest thing to do. I believe her as well that Rocco was not drinking but she should know better than to post something like that and in fact she does know better which is why I'm surprised she'd post that. Oh well. No one is perfect. I think most of us have been guilty of posting something silly on social media.

:lmao:

These people are such a bunch of goody two shoes! :lol:

Right ?! Haha Ive never seen such goody two shoes in my life like this. It's nuts to think they call themselves fans!