Madonna: come on to my house! (Appreciation)

drunkbysix

Had Della Reese on repeat for a year after seeing this sequence. Madonna looks beautiful here but it's funny how the face looks older in this clip compared with today in 2013!

I haven't seen that movie, but what the hell did I just watch? :lmao: She wasn't even acting. I felt like I was just watching a Madonna video.

I like this movie, I think everyone should give it a try.

I know this is going to turn into a "Madonna's worst movies" discussion, but this is one of the better flops. I enjoy it. I think I cried during the end when I first watched it. Anyways..

I like the outtakes from this scene during the making of doc.

That's really the only reason I own this film. Because of the making of doc.

I know this is going to turn into a "Madonna's worst movies" discussion, but this is one of the better flops. I enjoy it. I think I cried during the end when I first watched it. Anyways..

I brought a non-Madonna fan friend to see it in the movies and she later bought it on DVD! I was like "what? you liked it?" she loved it lol. It's not a movie I want to watch a lot but I liked it and would place it in the better half of her movies.

I think the best scene in the entire film is when they're playing Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You." That scene is everything. Makes me want a pair of star shaped glasses.

[media=]

[/media]

We all hate swept away but we've gotta love this!

oh thank you Drunkb6!!! really always loved this scene!!!

And of course the doc gave me one of my favorite Madonna moments ever starting at 5:30 in.

"I WANT A FUCKING DANCEFLOOR!"

I was in tears when I first saw that.

Guest Not4Pussies

i like the movie as well.

and u can see her pussy when she's on the floor and lifts her leg up haha

And of course the doc gave me one of my favorite Madonna moments ever starting at 5:30 in.

"I WANT A FUCKING DANCEFLOOR!"

I was in tears when I first saw that.

:laugh:

She's so bad at acting, she can't even do a real documentary without looking wooden.

The part Guy did not want and Madonna insisted on having.

I know -- perhaps an early foreshadowing of her instincts as a director? That's one part of the movie everyone seems to love, even if they hate the rest of it. (Of course we're speaking of fans only here, so it's no surprise.)

I like the outtakes from this scene during the making of doc. That's really the only reason I own this film. Because of the making of doc.

Me, too ... love that doc. And I quote it more than I realize -- of course, no one else knows the source material I'm referencing! :laugh:

When she says "NOooo" when she's getting the "stick pins in my eyes? stick pins in YOUR eyes...?" and she's getting it all confused. Haha!

"I don't eat meat. That's disgusting!" ("It's got capers on it, darlin', it's really good." ... "You always ate MY lunch, and then you ate YOUR lunch.")

"Did you get jealous when Adriano smooched up on my neck?" "He did?" "I think so, yeah. In the tussle." ... "Well, are you going to have a reaction?" "I am. Not just now."

Also this movie contains one of my favorite songs ever so for that alone it gets some props.
I think the best scene in the entire film is when they're playing Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You." That scene is everything. Makes me want a pair of star shaped glasses.

My good friends -- who were forced to watch this movie for me, but did so because they love me and they do love Madonna -- also like this scene. In fact, it's also a fave song of one of my dear friends in particular, so he loves that scene. He also likes the "Come On'a My House" scene, too. ... I really am blessed with good friends.

And of course the doc gave me one of my favorite Madonna moments ever starting at 5:30 in. "I WANT A FUCKING DANCEFLOOR!" I was in tears when I first saw that.

"It's funnier in a bikini..." "Guy. No. I'm not wearing a bikini... I want a gown and jewels and. ... I WANT A F*CKING DANCEFLOOR!"

:laugh:/> She's so bad at acting, she can't even do a real documentary without looking wooden.

Despite that, in the doc, you can see really see how professional she is all the time. In the scene when they're filming the performance sequence of the Della Reese song, M's the one that's asking about whether they've filmed the necessary bits ... when she's on the stationary bike, she's the one worried about where the camera's going to be and whether it's going to match because there aren't any pedals. Guy is usually just sitting around yucking it up with his pals. No disrespect to him, I'm sure he knows a lot, too ... but it's really evident in this doc that, when she's working, she's really WORKING. And it demonstrates how even then she was starting to show signs that she desired the creative control of a director.

Also, I bet she had a lot to do with the soundtrack. We know there was a connection in the composer for the score (Michel Colombier, right? Who arranged strings on the AL album) ... the opening credits used Goldfrapp's "Lovely Head" -- which was the only bone Alison Goldfrapp would throw to M after M wined and dined them, trying to get them to collaborate with her. (Not sure if it was just for Swept Away score or for M's album, or both, perhaps?) But anyway... just as with TNBT, where M had an official soundtrack producer role, I'm sure she had an influence with Guy about the soundtrack and music.

I don't really like how she looks in the scene, being tanned doesn't really suit her.

I enjoyed this movie, it was really entertaining. I think I'm one of the few who wasn't sad at the last scene...I always thought Pepe was a huge asshole who took advantage of the situation and treated Amber awful till he broke her down and she kissed his feet and slept with him. He was a cunt and her husband was better.

You know, after I watched this film, I didn't get why people thought it was so bad. At least in terms of acting performances, I thought it was solid. The cinematography was nice. And the music.

I don't think the faults lie with Madonna, or the actors. I think it lies with Guy. I just don't see what makes him that good of a director...at all.

And the script itself was kind of weird. It's hard to feel any sort of empathy for the two main characters (at least 'till the very end)...which, to me, is maybe why no one takes to this film. It was hard to connect to them in any way, in terms of how the characters were written. But considering that, I think the actors, including M, did just fine.

I don't think the faults lie with Madonna, or the actors. I think it lies with Guy. I just don't see what makes him that good of a director...at all.

I am still amazed his Sherlock Holmes film was so huge. I thought it was freakin terrible.