Happy 27th Anniversary, True Blue!

Guest groovyguy

No! I have always thought one of M's strengths is to tie the history of pop music into chains in her albums - True Blue is 50s/60s meets 80s pop like LAP is 80s adult contemp meets 60s funk and rock, Erotica brings jazz and disco to house and r&b, funk and disco meet hip hop on Hard Candy, and COADF is like a revue of dance music all brought up to date.

No, that's not like that. When LAP was released, th 60s were trendy, that's all. Beatles, Beach Boys... The same with True Blue, the 50s were trendy then. And when COADF was released, the 80s were trendy.

No, that's not like that. When LAP was released, th 60s were trendy, that's all. Beatles, Beach Boys... The same with True Blue, the 50s were trendy then. And when COADF was released, the 80s were trendy.

The next album will be grunge

Guest groovyguy

I remember when I first played this. I missed the Like A Virgin look but the music was the best!

This takes me back but weren't cassettes a pain? True Blue can be listened to straight through but remember rewinding and counting to get to certain songs on cassettes? The tape getting stuck.

I usually listened straight through but it was a drag having to flip the tape over to change sides.

I loved it as a child, i fell in love with Madonna with Into The Groove, but when i bought TB i was always playing it. And ALWAYS ALWAYS, like ten times a day! I really liked, besides the popular ones, White Heat and Love Makes The World...

I loveeeeeeeeee white heat!!!!!!