Is there a studio version of this remix?

drunkbysix

Guest Rachelle of London

I desperately want this on my ipod, just not live. is there a studio version of this? wasnt this supposed to be on the confessions tour too?

yup they rehearsed it

[media]

Should have been on the CT tour!

would have been after You Thrill Me, isn't it? Or INSTEAD OF You Thrill Me??? I wish it had been instead of La Isla bonita, and make a much grander "early years" finale with Luck Star. Then finish with Hung UP.

So, it would have been so beautiful to go from Erotica to Everybody to Lucky Star...

I always wonder why Madonna performed Lucky Star in CT in such a weird way. I mean, it's as if she's really tired but relaxed and sings the song in a casual way, almost lazy way.

So, it would have been so beautiful to go from Erotica to Everybody to Lucky Star...

Absolutely. Instead we got that crappy Bonita.

Her last GREAT rendition for La Isla Bonita was with The Girlie Show. It's the one and only oldie that i don't like being performed again. Holiday for example, is always great.

Guest bluejean

I always wonder why Madonna performed Lucky Star in CT in such a weird way. I mean, it's as if she's really tired but relaxed and sings the song in a casual way, almost lazy way.

What do you mean? I think it's just because the key is lowered.

I think the vocals on Lucky Star on the DVD/cd are not the live vocals too but a rehearsal or studio version. I remember someone else saying that.

Guest bluejean

Her last GREAT rendition for La Isla Bonita was with The Girlie Show. It's the one and only oldie that i don't like being performed again. Holiday for example, is always great.

I actually love the Drowned World version. It's my favourite live performance of that song.

Yes, it's a cool one, you're right. I admit i forgot about that, haahhahahaha.

What i mean with Lucky Star is that its as if it's not a proper musical number in the CT, but a way to go from LIB to Hung Up. I like it because you can see pretty Donna there walking and dancing a bit and they seem so cool and there's the lightning cape... but it's not as proper number.

ugh, sometimes i express myself so badly! haha.

Guest bluejean

I don't know what you mean by not a proper number?

I think they've just tried to make that last section like the album with the songs mixed together and Lucky Star kind of acts as a teaser/lead in to Hung Up. But it still feels like the proper song to me. I actually love the way they've done it.

I would however love the original version of Lucky Star on the next tour. I prefer it over Holiday.

Yes, it's a cool one, you're right. I admit i forgot about that, haahhahahaha.

What i mean with Lucky Star is that its as if it's not a proper musical number in the CT, but a way to go from LIB to Hung Up. I like it because you can see pretty Donna there walking and dancing a bit and they seem so cool and there's the lightning cape... but it's not as proper number.

ugh, sometimes i express myself so badly! haha.

I think I understand what you mean, lucky star was more placed there as an intro to hung up, as LIB to HU wouldn't flow.

I love Lucky Star and was glad it was there and it worked really all mixed in with HU.

Erotica > Everybody > Lucky Star > Hung Up would have been fucking amazing

Guest bluejean

Why do you want her to do original versions? You know its not gonna happen. She's Madonna.

Did you not see Express Yourself, Vogue, Human Nature and Like a Prayer on the MDNA tour?

Guest bluejean

LAP and Express weren't even the album version.

Plus, she didn't even perform the full songs.

LAP was basically the TIC version and EY was based on the video remix. Not exactly new arrangements like Open Your Heart or Like a Virgin and instantly recognisable.

And what does the length of them have to do with it?

That she'll never perform the original versions as they are on the album. You need to watch the behind the scenes S&S docu. M goes into detail about this.

"When I'm working on old songs or even new songs, I'm inevitably already sick of them. 'Okay let's change the bass line, okay lets change this keyboard part, you know what I don't want to sing this verse, this song is too short I want to make it longer.' I have to re-invent it, to make it exciting for myself."

Guest bluejean

Okay well by "original versions" what I mean is something that sounds basically the same as the original, not necessarily an exact replica of what's on the album since it's a live rendition usually with more live instruments and perhaps has been extended or edited but its instantly recognisable to the audience. Example being Human Nature or Vogue on MDNA, all of The Virgin Tour, Holiday on BAT, Ray of Light on DWT etc etc.

When I think reinvented I think of a completely new arrangement like Like a Prayer on Sticky, Open Your Heart on MDNA or Like a Virgin on Confessions.

So yes, I'd like the "original" version of Into The Groove. Even something like the Who's that Girl Tour or The Virgin Tour versions. Something that isn't like who dat bee :lol: