Forbes Celebrity 100 (2013)

davejr.

These Forbes list :rotfl:

Madonna is the top-earning celebrity with $125m (supposedly)

She belongs to #1 even when taking into account press ratings

If anything, especially when taking into account her presence on the press

Worldwide

Unless they're counting press mentions in the US only

As for social media we know they are hardly indicators of anything

One for how easily they can be manipulated and two because they won't save you from commercial underperformance

(SEE tours being cancelled)

bottom line- Gaga is as 'relevant and powerful' lol as Cyndi Lauper was in 1989 LOL. Still technically 'around' but the helium out of their huge balloons from 3-5 years earlier was/is def. at least 2/3 less. Madonna CLEARLY (whether youre a fan or not) should be higher in every single way (*success of her tour*, visibility, and media attention). I've seen M many, many x more on TV, the internet, articles etc...Forbes clearly has Monster or Lamb on the 'team' responsible for this lol. They absolutely have M hatred. Beyond DUH! :#. Freakin Rihanna or Katy Perry would be more legit than Gaga. lol

Oprah I def. get it. Even w/ the brief funk she had with her network initially, she STILL gets the red hot interviews before anyone else and her network is clearly making major strides as *she* is on it more compared to when it first started when she was barely visible and it was a mess. Not the case now.

:thumbsup:

And as for Oprah, I understand she's a very powerful media personality but she hardly gets half of the press Madonna gets on a global scale FACT

The timeframe was June 2012 to June 2013. So her SB performance was not considered. Whereas Beyonces SB performance should be mainly responsible for her number 1 rank in TV.

So that means Forbes should consider her Superbowl performance for next year's list. I bet they will conveniently forget it and if anyone asks why it is not included, they will say it was so long ago. They simply don't like Madonna and will not properly acknowledge her which is basically biased shoddy journalism.

So that means Forbes should consider her Superbowl performance for next year's list. I bet they will conveniently forget it and if anyone asks why it is not included, they will say it was so long ago. They simply don't like Madonna and will not properly acknowledge her which is basically biased shoddy journalism.

No, that time period would have been covered last year - June 11 to June 12.

I still can't believe that in the current year Gaga got more press mentions than Madonna. I mean, nobody was talking about her - good or bad. Does anyone here read the tabloid press? Her tour came and went in the UK with barely a ripple of attention. I get the feeling much of this was just guess work by some clueless journalist who just did some basic googling.

I still can't believe that in the current year Gaga got more press mentions than Madonna. I mean, nobody was talking about her - good or bad. Does anyone here read the tabloid press? Her tour came and went in the UK with barely a ripple of attention. I get the feeling much of this was just guess work by some clueless journalist who just did some basic googling.

:chuckle:

Of course she hasn't, only a fool would state otherwise

I mean Gaga with her floppage package and her Twatter rants, occasionally delegated to her minions :rolleyes:

That $125m figure is ridiculous anyway

She's made $180m from the tour alone if we are to go by her LN 2007

90% of all gross after production costs

Factor in all clothing, perfume ranges and the tour merchandising

Her investments in shares and property

And the astronomical interests profit she must be making after 30 years of super wealth

Of course she hasn't, only a fool would state otherwise

I mean Gaga with her floppage package and her Twatter rants, occasionally delegated to her minions :rolleyes:/>

That $125m figure is ridiculous anyway

She's made $180m from the tour alone if we are to go by her LN 2007

90% of all gross after production costs

Factor in all clothing, perfume ranges and the tour merchandising

Her investments in shares and property

And the astronomical interests profit she must be making after 30 years of super wealth

her take home pay is approximately one-third of gross revenue.

her take home pay is approximately one-third of gross revenue.

90% after production costs per contract

Her last 2 tours had a production cost of around $100m each

Which means she takes 90% of the remaining $200m

1/3 of gross revenue is a very different thing than 90% of net profits

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119205443638155166.html

If and when she does tour, though, the promoter will only get 10% of the gross, with 90% going to the artist; that is the standard split for music superstars in the concert industry these days. Income from licensing ventures such as the use of Madonna's name on fragrances or other products would be divided evenly with Live Nation