Forbes Celebrity 100 (2013)

davejr.

True, I have never seen anyone get a free pass from the media like she does. I wish someone in the press would have the integrity to just print the truth about her instead of all of this payed for spin. The over the top praise about her has gone on for years and will start again if she releases her new CD. The constant need to try and make her seem more talented and important than Madonna is pathetic. Also Rihanna, Katy Perry and Adele have all been much more successful than her for 2 years yet they keep saying that Gaga is the woman of the moment.

This is actually what annoy me the most in this. A lot of artists i'm not a big fan of got constant praise by the medias (Beyonce) and i don't really care. But with Gaga, the medias really do anything they can to dismiss Madonna in order to make Gaga looks important. That's why i never believed Gaga when she said she "admires" Madonna or anything like that. I really think her and her label are on a mission to destroy Madonna's legacy. Some people could call me paranoid about it but i really believe it's the truth.

Edited by madonnasuperfan01

Between this and putting Gaga on the cover of RS as "Woman of the Year", I'm sure she can't achieve anything by herself without paying the media to make her seem relevant...

Congrats LG for underperforming against Madonna yet still managing to top her on the Forbes list. Who ya' giving anal to for such accomplishments?

shock.gif

Poor Madonna has no further income than touring. Obviously they ignored all her other revenue streams. Material Girl and the perfume. Hence she only made 125 million. In contrast they guestimated huge earnings for Gaga from other areas because if you only take her tour revenues, Gaga would have a higher ratio than Madonna. 160 million to 80 million. 305 million to 125 million. And that is the biggest nonsense ever. Everybody knows Madonna has the highest royalty rates in the business.

To tell you the truth, it becomes more and more obvious that Forbes has no idea at all. But they can't admit it. They pretend to know everything when the truth is they have no inside knowledge whatsoever. And how could they? It has always been about guestimates. But now it starts to become desperate. Adding all the social stuff. Sorry, it's embarrasing that they even recognize this since it has been proven many times that Facebook fans and twitter followers can be bought and millions of accounts are actually inactive and that all this presence doesn't mean a thing. The number bears no commercial power at all and it does not translate into sales. It's useless. It's exaggerated. It's superficial.

Forbes is no authority in music and entertainment and their list is completely arbitrary. It's not just Madonna, other entries are also dubious. Billboard does a top earners list every year based on industry numbers and a solid methodology. Madonna was number 1 for 2012 and this is the list that matters. Madonna was number 1 also in 2008.

You all are so pressed!! :rotfl: Who even cares, though? It's just a list. :blink:

It's "just a list" that a lot of people from the general public will read and believe without even questioning it. And it's not only this list, it's most of the medias who constantly uses Gaga to put Madonna down. Anyone with a brain can see it. That's why i'm "pressed" (Damn i HATE that word :ugh:)

It's "just a list" that a lot of people from the general public will read and believe without even questioning it. And it's not only this list, it's most of the medias who constantly uses Gaga to put Madonna down. Anyone with a brain can see it. That's why i'm "pressed" (Damn i HATE that word :ugh:)

Hate that word too, i've noticed GaGa fans have an obsession with it.

Guest gang bang

OMG she was the n1 celebrity that earned more money ,125 M ,her best year in her history ,of course gaga and beyonce are higher than her , because facebook, twiter , etc , but i m so happy ,she is the queen of music industry

Hate that word too, i've noticed GaGa fans have an obsession with it.

Exactly. According to them, everytime someone doesn't worship her like they do, that person is a "pressed hater who can't admit Gaga murdered all his/her faves". Pathetic :ugh:

Guest gang bang

pariah out , so lambs expected that she will be in forbes list, because her 18 m for american idol , lololol , so i don t know how they can make up pariah s fortune now , they claim that is above $500 m , hahhahaaha

It's "just a list" that a lot of people from the general public will read and believe without even questioning it. And it's not only this list, it's most of the medias who constantly uses Gaga to put Madonna down. Anyone with a brain can see it. That's why i'm "pressed" (Damn i HATE that word :ugh:/>)

I mean, at the end of the day, you love Madonna unconditionally and whatever a stupid list says isn't going to change that. :dazed: The public and other stans in the world are nasty. They're gonna keep saying what they're saying.

I personally have stopped even giving a fuck about what other people say. Cuz if Madonna doesn't care, why should I?

Madonna doesn't care. You can see the way she conducts herself that she just ignores it and just puts on a great show.

When it comes to it, look at the recent MDNA concert launch. Madonna got heaps of press and looked confident and shone. Gaga's got a tour she had to cancel because of poor sales and that won't come on DVD as it was so bad, an album permanently delayed and internet stats that have been shown to be faked.

I mean, at the end of the day, you love Madonna unconditionally and whatever a stupid list says isn't going to change that. :dazed: The public and other stans in the world are nasty. They're gonna keep saying what they're saying.

I personally have stopped even giving a fuck about what other people say. Cuz if Madonna doesn't care, why should I?

Of course my love for Madonna will never change because of some stupid sh*t like that. It's just SO annoying to see that pathetic copycat getting all this praise and Madonna being constantly trashed like that. Madonna basically created the modern game for pop girls, she should be extremely respected, i really don't get why people are so desperate to hate on her like that :huh:

I almost agree with you for once!

It really is just a silly list. Forbes is known for disliking Madonna anyway, but they had to include her on the list because she made more money than everyone on the top 10 list. Why not make her 5 then?

It's all a part of being a Madonna fan. She's going to be hated on until the day she dies. She is the only pop star that has entire fucking forums dedicated to hating on her. People endlessly talk about how horrible Madonna is, and well, I wouldn't have it any other way. M is the true controversial and button pushing pop star that a lot of these girls are scared to be, but wish they could be. Awe.

Of course my love for Madonna will never change because of some stupid sh*t like that. It's just SO annoying to see that pathetic copycat getting all this praise and Madonna being constantly trashed like that. Madonna basically created the modern game for pop girls, she should be extremely respected, i really don't get why people are so desperate to hate on her like that :huh:/>

Just enjoy the music headphones.gif

I almost agree with you for once! It really is just a silly list. Forbes is known for disliking Madonna anyway, but they had to include her on the list because she made more money than everyone on the top 10 list. Why not make her 5 then? It's all a part of being a Madonna fan. She's going to be hated on until the day she dies. She is the only pop star that has entire fucking forums dedicated to hating on her. People endlessly talk about how horrible Madonna is, and well, I wouldn't have it any other way. M is the true controversial and button pushing pop star that a lot of these girls are scared to be, but wish they could be. Awe.

Preach!

(AND YAY! I finally said something right! :lol: just kidding!)

they added up marketabilty factor and madonna is placed no.75 on that...help me with this because i can;t understand why having sold 2.2 million tickets worth 305 million dollars not proof enough of her marketability by her name alone.

You all are so pressed!! :rotfl:/> Who even cares, though? It's just a list. :blink:/>

Pressed? Dear... pressed would be knocking someone down who has legitimately earned recognition. Think of gaga fans knocking Madonna down. It seems to me like most are wondering why gaga is getting this kind of praise. The news flash is that Madonna fans are not the only ones wondering it. Round two for the PR section is going to be very different.

Edited by Larkspur

they added up marketabilty factor and madonna is placed no.75 on that...help me with this because i can;t understand why having sold 2.2 million tickets worth 305 million dollars not proof enough of her marketability by her name alone.

This is what Forbes says: This year we added a marketability score (1-100) for each celebrity that was developed by Encino, Calif.-based market research firm E-Poll, based on opinion polling about 46 different attributes for 6,600 different celebrities. Will Smith, Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock are the most marketable celebrities on our list (Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James ranks dead last in that category).

Of course, they don't show results except for their ranking. So what do we have here? Opinion polling. Newsflash to Forbes and E-Poll: People lie. They lie big time participating in such polls. The results are more or less worthless. And here is some proof: Will Smith, who ranks number 1 in marketabilty, is just experiencing a flop of epic proportions with "After Earth". It's not just a bad movie he happens to be part of. He is essential in the whole project. So where is his marketing power? In contrast, Madonna makes a random picture of her and a Miele vacuumer and posts it on her Instagram. In result sales for that vacuumer go through the roof and the CEO of Miele wants to make her the spokesperson of the brand (of course milking the Madonna association even further, knowing she wouldn't do it).