Songs with the best vocals?

Bill

YES!! Especially "but I found my salvation in Perón, may the nation let him save them as he saved me!" :drama:

Entertainment Tonight played the first clip of Madonna singing from Evita and it was that exact moment- not knowing they had selected the best vocal moment of the whole movie I was pretty stunned.

a new argentina
YES!! Especially "but I found my salvation in Perón, may the nation let him save them as he saved me!" :drama:/>
Entertainment Tonight played the first clip of Madonna singing from Evita and it was that exact moment- not knowing they had selected the best vocal moment of the whole movie I was pretty stunned.

Yes, Supernatural and Bill, her vocals on A new Argentina were just stunning. She could belt out a song as good as anyone without screaming. Possibly, her most impressive vocal performance.

I remember seeing it on MTV before the movie was released and watching it over and over and over and over and over and over and....

Like a Virgin: '...touched for the very first time. Like a VER-ER-ER-Er-GHeeeeeeeennnn.'

Dress You Up: 'Gonna dressyou up in mY LOOOOOOOVE!!!!! Dress you up inmy LoooOOOOVeeeee.'

Borderline: 'Jusssssssssssssss TRY TO UNDAstand. I'm givin all I can.'

And LDLHA of course! Those early vocals are her best; she was SANGIN' yall.

Her single best sound-bite of the 80's has to be in Papa Don't Preach @ 1:52- 2:08

But my friends keep tellin me to give it up.

Sayin I'm to young, I oughtta live it up...

what I need rite now, is some good advice...

PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

^ Goosebumps every time :wow:

Like a Virgin: '...touched for the very first time. Like a VER-ER-ER-Er-GHeeeeeeeennnn.'

Dress You Up: 'Gonna dressyou up in mY LOOOOOOOVE!!!!! Dress you up inmy LoooOOOOVeeeee.'

Borderline: 'Jusssssssssssssss TRY TO UNDAstand. I'm givin all I can.'

And LDLHA of course! Those early vocals are her best; she was SANGIN' yall.

:clap: that raw, untrained voice conveyed so much emotion!

Her single best sound-bite of the 80's has to be in Papa Don't Preach @ 1:52- 2:08

But my friends keep tellin me to give it up.

Sayin I'm to young, I oughtta live it up...

what I need rite now, is some good advice...

PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

^ Goosebumps every time :wow:/>

Absolutely!!! Sometimes I listen to that part 10x I'm a row.

I'm very much in agreement with Shoo Bee Doo but the one that springs to mind is You'll See. With her Evita-trained voice, this song kick-started her career success after early nineties dip in the UK. Each time she starts

You think that you are strong... etc, it's just stunning.

Guest bluejean

Like a Prayer

Promise To Try

Something To Remember

Rescue Me

I Want You

You'll See

You Must Love Me

Ray of Light

The raw and raspy voice in Papa Don't Preach is too fuckin good. I could listen to it all day.

Vogue has really soulful and sincere vocals. You just believe every word she's saying.

I actually liked it when her untrained vocals would go a bit whiny or higher. It just sounded right.

But I also love her relaxing and smooth vocals on Love Tried to Welcome Me. It's a totally different sound from her 80's stuff and I fuckin love it.

Guest bluejean

Most of Bedtime Stories is so whispery and sexy. Sounds so great. I like her studio vocals 1994-1998 the best. Although 1989-1991 was also very good.

Deeper and Deeper (when she sings, "Never gonna hide it again!")

Sacntuary (the part where she sings "my sanctuaryyyyy")

Rescue Me (the growl at "I believe that you can RESCUE ME!!")

Live To Tell ("hope I live to te-ell")

Oh Father ("oh father, you never wanted to live that way")

Papa Don't Preach ("the one you said I could do without!")

Love Spent ("spend your love on me, spend your love on me")

She's Not Me ("I just wanna be there, when you discover. you wake up in the morning")

Ray of Lignt (pretty much the ENTIRE song)

Beautiful Killer ("you changed the past.. good guys always finish last!")

Broken ("broken like a crooked smile. A little hunched over but I walk that mile")

This doesn't necessarily have to be a list where you think she is hitting the highest notes, or sounding the most "in-tune". Sometimes, just the tone of her voice, or the strength, or depth, or tenderness, or emotion can have much more of an impact than singing in a "technically perfect" way. She says this herself. So, anyway, what songs feature your favorite vocals, either in whole or in part? And if it's just a part, which part?

Beautiful Killer - on her 2 or 3 most recent albums, especially Hard Candy, her voice at times was almost irritating and nasal - but this song brings back that classic, full Madonna vocal that I fell in love with

Papa Don't Preach - "what I need right now is some good advice... PLEEEEEASE!!!" Man, that passion gets me every time. I never get sick of this song. Must have listened to it a thousand times.

Love Spent - love it when she sings "I want you to hold me like your hold your money" in the higher key

Jump - the deep vocals in the verses are also representative of that classic, untrained Madonna voice

Rescue Me - OMG the growl, the rasp, the guttural desperation in her voice

You'll See - passion! passion! passion!

I'll Remember - "say goodbye to not knowing how to cry, you taught me that..." sooooo tender and beautiful

Many more, but I'll give others a chance to list them. :)/>

OMG WE HAVE THE SAME BRAIN!

Gone

Oh yes! It's so full of emotion it can even make me cry sometimes, LOL

Drowned World's also a great vocal performance.

Yes! Especially 'this is my religion' at the end!

Really? I think that bit is toe curling.

Bellenger did an edit for me that cut it off completely. :lol: