Songs with the best vocals?

Bill

This doesn't necessarily have to be a list where you think she is hitting the highest notes, or sounding the most "in-tune". Sometimes, just the tone of her voice, or the strength, or depth, or tenderness, or emotion can have much more of an impact than singing in a "technically perfect" way. She says this herself. So, anyway, what songs feature your favorite vocals, either in whole or in part? And if it's just a part, which part?

Beautiful Killer - on her 2 or 3 most recent albums, especially Hard Candy, her voice at times was almost irritating and nasal - but this song brings back that classic, full Madonna vocal that I fell in love with

Papa Don't Preach - "what I need right now is some good advice... PLEEEEEASE!!!" Man, that passion gets me every time. I never get sick of this song. Must have listened to it a thousand times.

Love Spent - love it when she sings "I want you to hold me like your hold your money" in the higher key

Jump - the deep vocals in the verses are also representative of that classic, untrained Madonna voice

Rescue Me - OMG the growl, the rasp, the guttural desperation in her voice

You'll See - passion! passion! passion!

I'll Remember - "say goodbye to not knowing how to cry, you taught me that..." sooooo tender and beautiful

Many more, but I'll give others a chance to list them. :)

Some of your choices......, hmm...., I don't know....

But He's the Man is thee best

Which ones don't you like?

I love the way she sings "I feel loooooooooooooooooooooove" in the Future Lovers/I Feel Love mix from The Confessions Tour. I also love her Papa Don't Preach voice! It's almost a little raspy but in a good way. The soft sound in Promise To Try and The Power of Goodbye make them some of my favorites. I think the way she sings in Falling Free is very beautiful as well. Crystal clear, but you can still feel the emotion. Funny because I read that she was sick the day she went in to record that.

Edited by tomwiggz

Live To Tell.

Papa Don't Preach.

Open Your Heart.

Back In Business.

Bad Girl.

Rain.

Love Tried To Welcome Me.

Waiting.

Frozen.

Sky Fits Heaven.

Amazing.

Beautiful Killer.

I'm A Sinner.

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Inside Of Me

Sanctuary

Secret

BS really has some of the best vocals, so much emotion in her voice! :wow:

I'm also very fond of the raspy BAT voice!

And more recently, Beautiful Killer... Classic Madonna!

Guest Not4Pussies

Her vocals in both Beautiful Killer and Love Spent are pretty weak, although some of her delivieres in some lyrics sound quite good. Especially on Love Spent.

My favorites, Drowned World, Mer Girl, NRM, Inside of Me, Sanctuary, Rescue Me, the end of Till Death Do us Part

Love it when she sounds deep and raspy or her sexy as fuck whispers

Same. I'm a big fan of her deeper vocals and love the rasp on her. Like Bill mentioned, the guttural when she takes it down.

There are so many to choose from for different reasons.

Always adored her vocals on Inside of me - so sweet, soft and dreamy

You'll see - sings that beautifully. I was really annoyed when it was suggested Susan Boyle sang it better - no way

Live to tell - beautiful and apparently the vocals we hear are all done in the very first recording.

Cherish - Her voice sounds so sweet and clear

Borderline - I think she totally nails the emotional turmoil in this song easily. The lyrics are deceptively sad

This used to be my playground - just gorgeous

Into the Groove - That is how you sing the best dance/pop song ever

Don't cry for me Argentina - Really sang the whole Evita soundtrack perfectly

Papa don't preach - same reason as everyone has stated.

Frozen, the power of goodbye - just stunning

There are so many but Madonna is a very under-rated singer. We all know she does not have the big range of some of the other singers out there but her voice conveys so much more emotion than they can. She can sing dance/pop and ballads both incredibly and as well as each other. Very few singers can do that.

Lucky star LIVE. (The studio version just does NOT showcase her vocals like the live version)

Power of goodbye

Crazy for you

Ray of light (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This used to be my playground

Like an angel passing through my room (many people have forgotten that she recorded this. Simply STUNNING vocals.>

Love dont live here anymore (her passion is unmatched)

Like a prayer (the vocals on the bridge, no person who has covered it, even those with big voices have done it justice! And that's saying something)

To have and not to hold

Don't cry for me Argentina

Another suitcase in another hall

ID be surprisingly good for you (this is underrated. The male vocalist isn't even needed on this one. Madonna makes it so amazing, stunning vocal)

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

You'll See

This Used To Be My Playground

Another Suitcase in Another Hall

Rainbow High

Goodnight and Thank You

Substitute For Love

Frozen

X-Static Process

Falling Free

And SO much more. I really love her voice.

Edited by madonnasuperfan01

Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Rescue Me, Open Your Heart

Miss when she used to just belt the hell out of a song.

That being said I think she sounds amazing on a lot of her Ray of Light demos. Beautiful post Evita voice.

Guest SecretGarden

More (almost all of the IB album really but this in particular)

Like a Prayer

Oh Father

You'll See

Rain

Live To Tell

I Want You

a new argentina

YES!! Especially "but I found my salvation in Perón, may the nation let him save them as he saved me!" :drama: