Misheard Madonna Lyrics

Guest Lum

Post Madonna lyrics you misheard! Simple task!

I was just reading through the lyrics of Where Life Begins on my new Erotica vinyl and I thought she said:

"Everybody's talking 'bout wanting that meatiness"

but she actually says:

"Everybody's talking 'bout wanting that and needing this."

:lmao: I was in shock!

Omg I just got corrected on...

"Universal laaaaawwwwwww, seeing through my THOUGHTS..."

It's FLAWS and for the longest time I thought Future Lovers was

"In the upliftance of his brilliance"

NOT

"In the evidence of its brilliance"

Wow, I'm ridiculous! Lmfao

One of the greatest things about Madonna is generally you can understand every word she sings. I used to always think though that in Lucky Star, it was "when I'm lost, you'll be my guy" when it was in fact "guide". This was of course, way before Guy Ritchie and Guy Oseary who turned out to be 2 of the most important men in her life.

"In the upliftance of his brilliance"

NOT

"In the evidence of its brilliance"

Wow, I'm ridiculous! Lmfao

I thought it was "In the evict is of this brilliance." :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

I used to think she says "And I'm outside, with the nature" when I was little, iot wasnt until S&S performance I realised what the words were

i used to hear la isla bonita as lucky star bonita.

in the first line of impressive instant, instead of "universe is full of stars", i heard "universe is where life starts"

for erotica, i had quite a few hearing errors.

when she sings "if i take you from behind", i thought it was "if i take you for a ride".

when she sings "if i'm in charge and i treat you like a child", i heard it as "if i'm in charge and i treat your love child".

when she sings "i'll give you love, i'll hit you like a truck", i thought she meant " keep it up, i'll hit you like a truck".

At first I thought in Future Lovers she was saying "give me evidence of his brilliance" and I was like geez wtf is her problem. I'm not religious whatsoever but I thought it was kind of rude and snappy hahahahaha

My friend who I brought to the MDNA Tour with me texted me a few days after and claimed she "sucks at rhyming" in Like a Prayer and gave the example: "just like a mystery, you are a mystery" LOL.

Oh man, In like A Virgin I always though she said:

"And your love thought up, what was getting code"

OBVIOUSLY WRONG haha

real lyrics:

Yeah, your love thawed out

What was scared and cold

Someone please post the lyrics to the chorus in Time Stood Still without looking them up. I want to know if others hear what I thought I heard. I was wrong but I want to know if I wasn't the only one.

lol at all these posts, i also remember thinking it was "again and again, over and over" instead of "i get up again, over and over".

I thought it was "Future lovers ride there in mission-style" until about a month ago.

(It's "...their ambitions high". Mine's better.)

I thought it was "their emission's high". You've just corrected me! :)

Greta Garbo, Ann Monroe

Grace Kelly, Hollow Chin

Lauren Kaplan, Latitude

Ladies with some attitude!

Yeah, you lucked on out

When we're scared and cold

Left for quasing!

I fell in love with some Pedro

A hairline breathes the stinking hole

A medal that I thought was gold

I see you through the smoky ebb

Can you feel the weight of my step?

When I was 13 and fell in love with "Like a Prayer", I couldn't make out "let the choir sing", so I just sang "laugh oh quasi". :lmao: I knew that wasn't right, but I just couldn't get it.

La Isla - My "girlfriend" at the time heard it as "lucky star bonita".

My boyfriend, until we met, thought it was "Papa don't preach, I'm in troublety" :lol: He refused to believe me when I told him that, not only was he incorrect, but troublety was not a word :)

Vogue - "Beauty's where you find it" = "Use me Friday" :rotfl:

My boyfriend, until we met, thought it was "Papa don't preach, I'm in troublety" :lol: He refused to believe me when I told him that, not only was he incorrect, but troublety was not a word :)

me too!! :lol:

Well, I always thought the one line in Vogue was "Go inside, all you'll find is inspiration", however I was literally shocked when I found out it's "Go inside for your finest inspiration".

Well, I always thought the one line in Vogue was "Go inside, all you'll find is inspiration", however I was literally shocked when I found out it's "Go inside for your finest inspiration".

Same! I thought this the entire time up until very recently.

Oh man, In like A Virgin I always though she said:

"And your love thought up, what was getting code"

OBVIOUSLY WRONG haha

real lyrics:

Yeah, your love thawed out

What was scared and cold

I'm always in doubt with this. Because sometimes I hear "What was getting cold" and it makes more sense.

At first I thought that the lyrics to GMAYL were "Give me all your love and give me your love", even though the actual ones aren't much better..

I did the same mistake. And yeah the real lyrics aren't too brilliant either...

Edited by madonnasuperfan01