If the next M tour is a greatest hits one...

Alpha

The greatest Hits Tour (according to Madonna!)

She would be forced to play X amount of hits but being angry she makes them into rock songs

4 Minutes (to Rescue Me)

Candy Shop (Dance version)

Lucky Star

Music

(Vogue Interlude)

Human Nature

​Hung Up (unrecognizable version)

Speech

Spanish Lessons (8min version)

Die Another Day

Dress You Up/Revolver (Smash Up)

Frozen

(New song Interlude)

Like A Prayer

Into The Groove (Unrecognizable version)

Material Girl (Metal version)

Papa Don't Preach (Rock Version)

(Live To Tell Interlude)

Power Of Goodbye vs. Take A Bow (Melody)

Devil Wouldn't Recognize you...(Plays 30sec's, then Hung Up music plays. Original form.)

Madonna tells the audience to "Fuck Off" and gives a guitar rift for 30seconds. Madonna walks off the stage. Lights out for 30seconds more.

Like A Virgin

Holiday

Celebration vs. Incredible (melody)

Everybody vs. Holiday vs. Celebration (remix)

Edited by My Happy World

Frozen

New song

Rain

Swim

Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

New song

New song

Rescue me

Skin

Falling free

Hollywood

Fever

New song

Waiting

Erotica

Secret

American Life

Voices

Who's that girl

Express yourself

New song

Nothing really matters

The greatest Hits Tour (according to Madonna!)

She would be forced to play X amount of hits but being angry she makes them into rock songs

They should bring out a Madonna Angry Birds game. Instead of the pigs they could have CaCa + Mimiphant. The games could be based on Madonna's tours.

I wouldn't mind her doing a tour without new material at some point, but to make it interesting for me she would have to do some album tracks or lesser known singles such as Nothing Really Matters, Bad Girl, Swim, Hollywood etc. not just the obvious gigantic radio singles.

Guest HaveASit

Im here for an Anti Tour, like Kylie did:

Physical Attraction

High Society

Gambler

Angel

White Heat

Spotlight

Spanish Eyes

Dear Jessie

Till Death Do Us Part

Rescue Me

Deeper and Deeper

Where Life Begins

Sanctuary

I'll Remember

Skin

Swin

Amazing

Impressive Instant

Love Profusion

Get Togheter

Forbidden Love

Beat Goes On

Miles Away

Love Spent

Imagine the amazingness of I'll Remember?

Guest Not4Pussies

im all for an anti-tour....and she needs to know she has other greatest hits besides vogue, human nature, la isla bonita

I definitely think vogue will get rested on the next tour... She looks bored of it now. It will prob make way for the return of La Isla Bonita Bollywood Version

I actually think this can work! :lmao::wow:

She needs to do a greatest hits tour to make up for the awful last tours. Stick to the classics that made her a star. Leave out the politics and embarrassing sexual cougar trash. This is what her real fans who made her a star deserve and want. Come back Madonna.

She needs to do a greatest hits tour to make up for the awful last tours. Stick to the classics that made her a star. Leave out the politics and embarrassing sexual cougar trash. This is what her real fans who made her a star deserve and want. Come back Madonna.

Beat it, faggot monster

tumblr_mhe4wgpas11roumcho1_500.gif

bad choice of encore...two plain ballads a midtempo.....

Looking back yeah that is a really bad choice the encore, maybe Ballard to end the main set and full on fun at the very end

where the hell are they all crawling out from at the moment?

The Secret Project trailer, which according to them is a rip off of Alejandro since they have no recollection of anything pre-Gaga, must have them up in a ruckus.

My opinion about the whole Greatest Hits tour thing is she should do one before she retires from touring. But I don't think it should be the next tour. I love MDNA, but I don't think it was that well received by the public so I think the next tour really needs to be based around a great new album that connects with the public.

Greatest hits tours get a bad reputation, but they can be great if you do them once as a treat for your fans. The problem with them is that there are too many older artists that do nothing but greatest hits tours year after year and never do much new music and it gets stale and boring. So a greatest hits tour would be great sometime in the future but only as a one time thing.

• 11 months later...

I actually created this setlist without realizing there was a GH Tour thread - perhaps this would be a good fit for the Australian shows?

MADONNA - THE GREATEST HITS TOUR

SECTION 1: Provocation

The introduction would be The Beast Within remix of Justify My Love with video backdrops from Steven Klein photo-shoots interspersed with footage from the videos for JML and Erotica. Madonna would first appear on a platform singing Vogue, like in MDNA, wearing the suit from the video with a cone bra corset underneath. Next, stairs would appear and she’d do the Express Yourself performance from BAT, with the backdrop and dancing inspired by the Metropolis theme of the video (including the monocle). Chairs would rise at the front of the stage and she’d strip off to reveal a cone bra corset from Jean-Paul Gaultier and reenact the Open Your Heart video, with elements of the Keep It Together BAT finale choreography added. She would then go into Papa Don’t Preach and do a singalong with the audience before ending up on her knees and descending beneath the stage.

SECTION 2: Who’s That Girl?

The second section would focus on the most iconic moments of the early part of her career. The Burning Up interlude would include press clips and rare early footage to show the Madonna-mania of 1984-1985 before leading into scenes from the first VMA performance. The curtain would lift and show a giant wedding cake with Madonna in a wedding dress on top reenacting the iconic VMA performance. At the end, she would strip off the dress and veil and reveal a short pink 50’s-style dress with Latin accents with the Marilyn hairdo and go into a retro, Grease-style medley of Material Girl and Dress You Up. The stage would then turn into a scene from a colorful Latin island party for La Isla Bonita and feature flamenco dancing during a Who’s That Girl breakdown. Thunderclouds and rain would appear and Madonna would say something like “Oh no, I think a storm is coming!” before descending for the Frozen interlude.

SECTION 3: Reflection

The third section would focus on the dramatic, spiritual side of Madonna. The Frozen video interlude would feature her singing on a rock in the middle of the ocean during a hurricane with choreography from the music video. A giant mirrored cross, similar to CT, would rise up and Madonna would appear singing Live To Tell on the cross in a long flowing gown. She’d then step down and a choir would appear in the background, with the cross still standing, and she’d do a stripped-down singalong of Like A Prayer like in MDNA. Next, a stool would appear and she’d take a break to sit down and talk a bit with the audience before talking about film career, which would lead into a performance of Don’t Cry For Me Argentina on a balcony with scenes from Evita playing in the background. Afterwards, she would perform Take A Bow for the first time in her career before descending for the next interlude.

SECTION 4: Rock Goddess

The fourth section would feature Madonna playing guitar and addressing the controversial aspects of her career. It would start off with a boxing themed Give It 2 Me interlude with male dancers fighting in a ring as negative press coverage plays in the background. Madonna would appear in a leather outfit blindfolded and start Human Nature with bondage style dancing, before moving to a guitar for the last few verses. Next, she would begin Don’t Tell Me against a wild west desert backdrop and, midway through, throw on a cowboy hat and reenact some of the choreography of the video and finish the song riding on a mechanical bull. She would return to the guitar for a rock performance of Borderline, as per S&S. Finally, she would finish with a rock/rave version of Ray of Light on the guitar as in CT.

SECTION 5: Party

The fifth section would be a party celebrating Madonna’s dance music. It would start off with a Saturday Night Fever - inspired Lucky Star/Everybody Medley with dancers on roller skates. A giant disco ball would hang above the stage, and it would descend and open up to reveal Madonna in a Confessions-era leotard, leading into a CT inspired performance of Hung Up. Next, she would sing Music with dancers slack lining in the background similarly to the Super Bowl. Finally, the section would end with a retro Keith Haring inspired performance of Into The Groove as in S&S, leading into the encore.

ENCORE:

The encore would start off with the Benny Benassi remix of Celebration, like in MDNA, and Madonna would appear in a chariot above the audience in a gold Roman-inspired costume, with the dancers dressed as gladiators. She would descend onto the stage and finish the song, moving into the original version of Holiday. Holiday would be done as a singalong, and once that was finished the song would be mixed again with Celebration with the tempo steadily increasing until, at the end, there would be an explosion of sound and a giant puff of smoke would arise as Madonna descends below the stage, like in the Super Bowl.

SETLIST:

1. Justify My Love / The Beast Within (Opening)

2. Vogue

3. Express Yourself

4. Open Your Heart

5. Papa Don’t Preach

6. Burning Up (Interlude)

7. Like A Virgin

8. Material Girl / Dress You Up Medley

9. La Isla Bonita / Who’s That Girl Medley

10. Frozen (Interlude)

11. Live To Tell

12. Like A Prayer

13. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

14. Take A Bow

15. Give It 2 Me (Interlude)

16. Human Nature

17. Don’t Tell Me

18. Borderline

19. Ray of Light

20. Lucky Star / Everybody Medley (Interlude)

21. Hung Up

22. Music

23. Into The Groove

24. Celebration

25. Holiday

I don't mind 'greatest hits' shows. There are a number of artists I love that pretty much only do the hits (and maybe a few new songs) every time they go out on tour... but it works for them. People still show up...I'm still satisfied.

Anyway... A real greatest hits tour? I've tried to figure one out myself, but I just can't. She just has too many iconic songs to fit into one show.

That being said, I want full versions of the songs. No edits. That being said, I wouldn't mind a couple medleys, though they've never really been Madonna's thing...

I don't see this happening at all. Re-Invention is the closest she has ever gotten (and probably ever will) to a "Greatest Hits" Tour

• 2 months later...

Just for fun :

01 Hung Up

02 Music

03 Into The Groove

04 Where's The Party

05 Celebration interlude

06 Love Profusion

07 True Blue

08 Cherish (gospel ending)

09 Gospel interlude

10 Like a Prayer