MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Camacho

I also really liked how throughout the show (I noticed this during EY) when they go into closeups of 1 or 2 people in the audience their sound increases as oppose to having the same music level throughout

originally i was so against crowd singign during LAP on the DVD, but watching this has made my hairs stand on end

wow

I'm trying not to be jealous of the triangle bitches, you can tell that it was a blast in there. Here in Atl she noticed that it wasn't full enough so they opened it up to let folks in. and Guy O couldn't give me a band

............... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Fuck, I don't even know what to say.

As of now, all I can say is the audio mix is incredible!!!!!! I know some people are going to complain about something...but I love it.

The editing and shots are amazing. It actually feels like a live concert while still feeling cinematic. Color correction is just right.

I barely even noticed the continuity issues...other than maybe when they added in the Olympia footage. But it all works...and casual folks won't know the difference.

I love how her voice is front and center, and 'sounds' live (regardless of whether it was or not in the actual show).

And some of the arrangements here almost seem a bit different...or we just couldn't pick up the details from vids and bootlegs. So many little audio details in GGW, HU, BF, EY, GMAYL, Vogue, Candy Shop, Sinner that I never picked up on before.

Hung Up sounds AMAZING. I will admit, it was my least favorite of the show...and is now maybe one of my favorites.

I love what they did to the GGW dance breakdown!!!

Vogue has a great 'bounce' to it in this mix I love. Candy Shop is funky as hell.

I have NO issues with the audio mix or vocals...other than maybe a few of the 'effects' being a bit louder.

And the crowd shots I love. I love how it focuses on individual groups of people. She really wanted to make them an integral part of this, and it shows!!!

I've never seen a filmed concert of hers feel like a complete "thank you" to the hardcore fans. Fucking amazing!

I love the queens bopping in GGW, the shock and awe during NKM, and LAP... is that cutie in the striped shirt our Lum?

I did not like this. The only thing that saves it is the audio not being a disaster like Sticky and Sweet. The editing, absurdly being deemed amazing, is just horrific. First, the cheap overlaying of things: the constant overlaying of the backdrops on the stage action, parts of the stage (such as that violin player overlayed over madonna in Love Spent) being overlayed other parts of the stage. Looks like an effect a fan makes to overcompensate for filming the show with an iPhone. Next the whole Instagram saturation thing. I spent a few good minutes trying to regulate my TVs image to a setting where I could actually see what was going on and I failed. Good luck trying to see madonna's face because it's just a white blob with eyes and nostrils. My biggest complain is how they cut away from Madonna before she gets to complete almost any action. A lot of dance moves are interrupted in the middle, and every time she speaks to the audience, they cut away before she finishes! It's maddening.

I would rather they just stuck to the Miami footage. It's nice to get the full scope of a concert. To me, this just felt like several 3 second clips from different locations, strung together, like those fan made YouTube "DVDs".

I know that this post isn't going to win me a lot of friends on a forum like this. But whatever. Deal

the fans singing on like a prayer..that is cool!!!!!

They sing really bad though lol.

I did not like this. The only thing that saves it is the audio not being a disaster like Sticky and Sweet. The editing, absurdly being deemed amazing, is just horrific. First, the cheap overlaying of things: the constant overlaying of the backdrops on the stage action, parts of the stage (such as that violin player overlayed over madonna in Love Spent) being overlayed other parts of the stage. Looks like an effect a fan makes to overcompensate for filming the show with an iPhone. Next the whole Instagram saturation thing. I spent a few good minutes trying to regulate my TVs image to a setting where I could actually see what was going on and I failed. Good luck trying to see madonna's face because it's just a white blob with eyes and nostrils. My biggest complain is how they cut away from Madonna before she gets to complete almost any action. A lot of dance moves are interrupted in the middle, and every time she speaks to the audience, they cut away before she finishes! It's maddening.

I would rather they just stuck to the Miami footage. It's nice to get the full scope of a concert. To me, this just felt like several 3 second clips from different locations, strung together, like those fan made YouTube "DVDs".

I know that this post isn't going to win me a lot of friends on a forum like this. But whatever. Deal

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with you.

While I didn't like the way the Confessions Tour footage was edited, the parts of the MDNA Tour film that I've seen (Revolver-Justify My Love + Love Spent) are much better. Yes, the overlaying is a bit too much at times, but IMO, all of Madonna's other post-Girlie Show concert films are worse in that respect.

alright well I gotta admit as well that us missing the beautiful backdrop of the entire opening + gww when the heaven falls from the sky in favor of some overlaying effects really pissed me off big time as well.. i also think the express yourself performance is not getting the same treatment as every other performance.. it feels so simplistic or i dont know what compared to the other performances.. i also HATE how she didn't include the monsters eating the pre made or consumed "cans".. lol..

I've only heard the audio so far and it sounds amazing

Going to try and save myself for the Bluray release and watch it in full HD not sure if I will hold out though

if only we had a broadcast in the UK

Newbie, 4 posts only to trash Madonna. Do you think we are as stupid as you are ?

In Topic: MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Today, 05:35 AM

What is this video quality? Looks like it was filmed with your dad's old 90s camcorder at parts... what's going on? Also, the instagram effect everywhere!

In Topic: MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Today, 05:28 AM

It looks absolutely horrible. I can't believe I listened to your guys' opinions on the premiere topic. Bunch of ass lickers.

In Topic: MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

19 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Drop those deets yo.

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with you.

While I didn't like the way the Confessions Tour footage was edited, the parts of the MDNA Tour film that I've seen (Revolver-Justify My Love + Love Spent) are much better. Yes, the overlaying is a bit too much at times, but IMO, all of Madonna's other post-Girlie Show concert films are worse in that respect.

Don't bother, he's obviously trolling

4 posts, all extremely critical, right around the time of a new release

What a coincidence :rolleyes:

Could be GSM, making a ballsless comeback for all we know

I did not like this. The only thing that saves it is the audio not being a disaster like Sticky and Sweet. The editing, absurdly being deemed amazing, is just horrific. First, the cheap overlaying of things: the constant overlaying of the backdrops on the stage action, parts of the stage (such as that violin player overlayed over madonna in Love Spent) being overlayed other parts of the stage. Looks like an effect a fan makes to overcompensate for filming the show with an iPhone. Next the whole Instagram saturation thing. I spent a few good minutes trying to regulate my TVs image to a setting where I could actually see what was going on and I failed. Good luck trying to see madonna's face because it's just a white blob with eyes and nostrils. My biggest complain is how they cut away from Madonna before she gets to complete almost any action. A lot of dance moves are interrupted in the middle, and every time she speaks to the audience, they cut away before she finishes! It's maddening. I would rather they just stuck to the Miami footage. It's nice to get the full scope of a concert. To me, this just felt like several 3 second clips from different locations, strung together, like those fan made YouTube "DVDs". I know that this post isn't going to win me a lot of friends on a forum like this. But whatever. Deal

Debbie Downer, have a seat. Back to Gaga Daily you go.

And take your herpes with you.

2uhsp6f.jpg

Like a Prayer brought tears to my eyes... Lol it's a big fat thank you to the fans!

It's like the "Redemption Segment" is about how loyal her fans are(I'm Addicted) how she went on a journey with them(I'm a Sinner) and finally how she got through her problems by going to the light and shining that light back(Like a Prayer)

Then the encore of inviting her fans to party with her and taking whatever life throws at you(Celebration/Give It 2 me)

Edited by lysergs5555