Ray of Light 2.0 or Erotica 2.0?

Guest Lum

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Ray of Light 2.0
    • Erotica 2.0

MDNA is Erotica 2.0, I feel. Another ROL, no thanks. It's one of my least favourite albums but I would not mind a very artistic album that she writes and records over a long period of time and spends a lot of time on :)

MDNA is Erotica 2.0, I feel. Another ROL, no thanks. It's one of my least favourite albums but I would not mind a very artistic album that she writes and records over a long period of time and spends a lot of time on :)

Same here! I don't want William Orbit's synth sounds anymore. Heard it too many times!

I don't want a duplicate of Erotica or Ray of Light. They are my favorite albums but I want something different. Still artistic and with relatable songs. Not that I want a duplicate of anything but I would be happier with something closer to an American Life 2.0

I want songs in connection with what she thinks about life and her explorations. Which could be Erotica or Ray of Light. Lol

I think there was too much fluff on the last two albums that for some reason defines the whole album for people. If you look at albums like Like A Prayer, Erotica and Ray of Light just using those three examples, how much fluff is on there?

Madonna has been successful because she has included more serious music in her albums and added just a bit a relief on them. When I think about it now after I just said American Life 2.0 is that Madonna's best albums are full of serious subjects with a bit of relief.

The sound of Cherish coming on after Promise to try is what I'm talking about but the album doesn't have 6 tracks that sound like Cherish. She couldn't just go into Oh Father after Till death do us part and Promise to try. Perhaps American Life was too serious? I don't consider Hollywood fluff at all.

Edited by Larkspur

MDNA certainly is NOT EROTICA V2.0!!

Well I don't think so.

I want a step back from dance and electronics

I want CLASSIC MADONNA V1.0

Madonna has done pretty much every POPULAR genre under the sun, do we really want a Jazz or Polka album from her next? Would that sell?

From here on out Madonna is going to have to tackle a sound she has done before, whether she likes it or not.

It's not a bad thing, either. As long as she delivers musically. Erotica 2.0 sounds epic on paper.

We'll see.

Guest SecretGarden

I really can't say what I want from her next, I never thought the Timbaland sound would suit Madonna but Hard Candy proved me wrong, Madonna can mold any genre around her music (which at it's core still remains pop music).

I wouldn't be surprised if her next album is a rnb or dance album - those seem to be the genres which are popular now but it's the creativity and talent Madonna brings that makes her music what is is, not the genre.

Edited by SecretGarden

Guest Not4Pussies

A bit of eroticas darkness and lyrics, mixed with ray of lights soulfulness and American lifes own peculiar non radio friendly sound

Madonna recorded most of EROTICA and CONFESSIONS in each primary producer's in-house-studio. That approach led to two very cohesive sounding and sometimes adventurous albums. I prefer EROTICA over CONFESSIONS but respect the latter's sense of quality consistency with the sound and visuals.

Just because you hate American Life? How sad...I hope she does another AL-esque era just so I can see your meltdowns.

I want another AL just so we can have some quality Madonna music.

The edge of Erotica, the softness of Bedtime Stories, the pop hooks of Like a Virgin, the insistent energy of Madonna, and most importantly, the VOICE of Ray of Light. And some good lyrics with real substance (that aren't about how fame doesn't bring happiness). Is that too much to ask?