MUSIC appreciation.

Barbie

[media=]

[/media]

Topic has been made to death.....but this song deserves endless praise. A true Madonna CLASSIC. 500 years from now people will still be playing this. The video is great too, PIMPdonna :dramatic:

She's so ferosh! One of her greatest songs ever.

tumblr_lqr9au57Ze1qzwglbo1_500.gif

The song is amazing.

The album it belongs to is one of my absolute favourites and it seems on here, very underrated and not as in cohesive as people claim it to be. Love the whole era shame it was relatively short and basically stopped after what it feels like for a girl.

Does anybody know the reasoning why wiflfag was basically promoted as the above and beyond remix? The album version is uh-mazing as would have worked with the video clip if edited down right.... I think it could have been a bigger success otherwise

The song is amazing.

The album it belongs to is one of my absolute favourites and it seems on here, very underrated and not as in cohesive as people claim it to be. Love the whole era shame it was relatively short and basically stopped after what it feels like for a girl.

Does anybody know the reasoning why wiflfag was basically promoted as the above and beyond remix? The album version is uh-mazing as would have worked with the video clip if edited down right.... I think it could have been a bigger success otherwise

I think M was feeling cunty after the whole Amazing business, I wouldn't go so far as to say she wanted it to fail, but between the video and the promotion and the fact she performs it in spanish on DWT, I don't think she wanted to be a success.

I would say this is the most influential song of her career, in that it changed how pop music sounded from then on.

Totally agree. She was ahead of her time once again. But she never really got credit for it. People seem to think it's Britney who did it with Toxic :(

I love the song Music but i love the album even more, it's my all time favorite Madonna album.

Edited by madonnasuperfan01

And there are so many great remixes, including fan remixes of the song! A true classic.

However, the album is one of my least played. I love Paradise (NFM) and Music and really like Gone and I Deserve It but I just don't find myself listening to this. I'm not such a fan of her more acoustic numbers.

Guest bluejean

The album is full of great songs but I agree about it not being very cohesive. Much like American Life.

The Music album is a work of art. I can listen to Gone all day.

:dramatic:

I so much prefer it to Ray of light ( which in itself is of high caliber). This album was Madonna at cool britania, fuck off oasis and blur! In the words of Eddie: " cowboy hats are back"!

I so much prefer it to Ray of light ( which in itself is of high caliber). This album was Madonna at cool britania, fuck off oasis and blur! In the words of Eddie: " cowboy hats are back"!

Glad to see i'm not the only one! I find Music better than Ray of Light. Just my personal preference. The songs are SO addictive :Disco_Ball:

Guest Not4Pussies

i remember that summer of 2000 when the song was officially released

i went crazy for the cowgirl imagery

Totally agree. She was ahead of her time once again. But she never really got credit for it. People seem to think it's Britney who did it with Toxic :(

I love the song Music but i love the album even more, it's my all time favorite Madonna album.

Same here! I think the song is great, and I know lots of people who know Madonna just because of that song, but for me the whole album is just fantastic!

Loved how this song was EVERYWHERE when it came out. I remember some girl in a cowboy hat singing this at the top of her lungs while heading to class in my high school. Back then I was too shy to join in. :lol: Tons of girls were wearing those hats around this time.

Still remember when they previewed the clip on Access Hollywood. I was in awe over how she looked and thought the beat was killer.

Same here! I think the song is great, and I know lots of people who know Madonna just because of that song, but for me the whole album is just fantastic!

Right?? Even if i love the song Music it's actually one of my least favorite tracks on the album! Every single song is just perfect.

Music is perfection - everything about it : the song - the innovative sound - the perfect balance between electro, funk & pop - the video - the cowgirl re-invention - her whole style face make up hair clothes - the dance routine - the attitude - the performances (Grammy is just iconic) - the tour version - everything about *M*U*S*I*C* is perfect.

Music, the album, it´s perfect.Although her single´s choices weren´t good enough.I mean, WIFLFAG it´s a good song, but then she released a video that it´s not related to the song on the album, the she sang it in spanish on the tour (by the way, the best arrangement IMO), then Amazing without a vide-performance...but the album is marvellous

Great song, beat, guitar rifs..love it. It was hit in all kind diferent places..DT was great to.

I think Get Lucky from Daft Punk have similar feeling/vibe as Music. It was my first impression.

I would like to hear that Madonna again after all that dance. Something funky wit fabilous beats