Guest HaveASit

I always listen to:

Take a Bow

Rain

This Used to Be My Playground

Spanish Eyes

I'll Remember

Live to Tell

Why the radio doesn't have another album besides Something To Remember?

I haven't listened to radio for the longest time. Though, when I go to my local grocery story, they have their own music station and I hear Madonna almost every visit. They rarely play any music that is current, but recently I heard "Express Yourself". Got a kick out of some woman singing a long. I've also heard "You Must Love Me", "True Blue", and "This Used To Be My Playground". I guess the one that surprise me the most is hearing "Sorry" since it wasn't a huge hit like the others.

I don't really listen to radio anymore. But it's always Like a Prayer and Lucky Star

I heard Celebration quite a lot at the time of its release, and would still hear it once in a while over the years.

^ Really? Wow. I don't remember ever hearing "Celebration" on the radio and we live in the same area.

Well your up near NYC. I'm near Philly. SOJO 104.9 gave it a spin at least every day, I don't know how long that lasted for, but I found it kinda strange that i heard it 2 days in a row.

Guest Not4Pussies

i dont listen to the radio AT ALL.

i only listen to my ipod, itunes.

but my most played madonna song on itunes is MOTHER AND FATHER

any new music i get into is because of music blogs i visit every day

sometimes i am so out of the loop when it comes to certain songs.

people are so into them and i have no idea what theyre talking about

like theres a song right now about versace i didnt know about and i still dont know who sings it

or that gay rights song from macklemore. i had never heard it until the vmas this weekend

i dont know the majority of the songs on the itunes top singles list

i like it that way.

Guest travelinstillness

they play Madonna on KZ1043 in Green Bay WI constantly! In addition to the well-known classics (LAP, MG, LAV, LS, Borderline, ITG, etc) they also play the forgotten ones like Angel, BU, Erotica, Secret, TB, PDP, Bad Girl, Keep it Together, DYU, WTG, and JML. When they play EY and Cherish it's always the album version and Vogue is always the single mix. They also play a remix of Causing a Commotion that I've never heard before (an edit of the movie mix maybe?) They play music from the 80s to the mid-90s so anything beyond 1996 doesn't get played.... so nice to hear a great mix of M songs instead of the same over-played classics! :D

I haven't heard DTM on the radio in years, Isaac. Maybe once since it was a hit.

Anyway, back to the point of this thread: I heard "Burning Up" late last night. I can't remember what station, but it was NYC. I'm constantly surprised by how much play this song gets. It's up there with her biggest hits.

I'm in Adelaide, Australia and we usually have Mix 102.3 (which is more a adult contemporary/light rock/pop station) on at work, yesterday heard 2 Madonna tracks "Vogue" and "Into the Groove", the day before they played "Borderline" and "Vogue" - "Vogue" is always very popular! In the past have heard pretty much every 80's Madonna single bar Oh Father and Dear Jessie, Take a Bow, Secret, You'll See, Beautiful Stranger, Ray of Light, Love Profusion and Hung Up - nothing released after Hung Up though. I don't really listen to radio outside of what we have on at work as it is.

In Romania, I can hear M on radio everyday, but with older hits and on adult contemporary radio stations like Europa FM and Magic FM and mostly ballads: You'll See, The Power Of Goodbye, Frozen... No new hits in heavy rotation since "Give It 2 Me". "Celebration" was randomly played on radio here.

My local station - which is one of the biggest radio stations in Germany btw - are playing lots of Madonna songs recently, usually one every day. Also great variety, sometimes it's La Isla Bonita, or Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, but there's also Hung Up or even GMAYL ( :chuckle:). They also talked a lot about her on her birthday and had a special programme about her.

Madonna herself even recorded a message for the radio station recently! She just says "Hey I'm Madonna and you're listening to Bayern 3" (that's the station's name), but still, I was so surprised to suddenly hear her speaking on the radio, haha!

Yeah that's my channel too! When you hear her speak on radio it is relly unexpected and exciting (at least for me)! :) Just want to turn up the volume.everytime so everyone knows that Madonna is here to kick your ass! :D

I can hear Madonna quite often; mostly her 80s staff - Holiday, Crazy for You, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach, True Blue, La Isla Bonita. Also Vogue, I'll Remember, Take a Bow, 4 Minutes. Never ever heard Justify My Love or Erotica :-))))

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard "Miles Away" quite often recently.

In fact, I found out that on the 7 national radio stations run by DR (the Danish national broadcasting corporation), it's the second-most played Madonna song since 2010!!! The only Madonna song they're played more since 2010 is American Pie.

So you see, Miles Away was anything but a flop.

Also made no.2 on German airplay.